I’m glad we’ve hired Monk instead of the Cowleys...

Now we have our manager I’m not fussed the Cowleys have gone to Hudds. If they have any kind of success in the next 6-12 months they’ll be gone to west ham anyway.  I’m confident Monk will do just as well for us as the Cowleys would have, maybe with less of a lower league playing style too..

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He signed good players, but I don’t know if he recruited them. I don’t know what the set up at Leeds was. If he did, yes he can clearly spot a player. But my point was Leeds really shouldn’t have missed out on the Play Offs that year. 

So not sure how he did a damn good job. Steady job, but ultimately achieved nothing. 

Bielsa has done exactly the same thing, are you saying he too is not good enough as a manager

Sometimes a group of players can be managed beyond their limits but prove to be just short of what's required

The manager learns and if given the opportunity strengthens that group

Look how many times Warnock knocked on the door before reaching his goal

• Like 1

I think chansiri wasn’t getting held to ransom

by Cowley he turned Huddersfield down obviously waiting for better offer we offered but he claimed not heard anything probably wanting us to put more money on table for us to say stuff you then we’ll take monk he’s more proven anyway then Cowley goes back to Huddersfield with tail between legs he’ll have been wanting abit of a bidding war between us and them. End of day Cowley hasn’t seen any negativity yet and he’s due it no one can be successful all the time whilst monk has had success and not so he’s had more of a lesson. I’m happier with monk than cowely any day just hope we stuff them at weekend 

Ipswich got what they thought was the best up and coming manager ... look how that turned out ...

Stoke took a great manager from Luton and look how that's turned out so far too ....

At least with Monk he knows the division and given that we have never beat one of his sides means that he probably already knows our weaknesses!

• Like 1

I wasn't banging the drum for the  Cowley's, but when they were heavily linked I must admit I thought they would have been an exciting appointment; not least because it would have been a bit of a gamble.

I can understand why Chansiri would have chosen experience at this level in Monk, over potential in the Cowley's, on the balance of probabilities he's probably made the right choice.

I certainly don't think it does anyone any favours people moaning over what might have been. 

UTO

1 hour ago, Lomas613 said:

I think chansiri wasn’t getting held to ransom

by Cowley he turned Huddersfield down obviously waiting for better offer we offered but he claimed not heard anything probably wanting us to put more money on table for us to say stuff you then we’ll take monk he’s more proven anyway then Cowley goes back to Huddersfield with tail between legs he’ll have been wanting abit of a bidding war between us and them. End of day Cowley hasn’t seen any negativity yet and he’s due it no one can be successful all the time whilst monk has had success and not so he’s had more of a lesson. I’m happier with monk than cowely any day just hope we stuff them at weekend 

A good point  in that they haven't had a tough period yet, so we don't know how well they will deal with it. Monk has been there and got the t-shirt