I’m glad we’ve hired Monk instead of the Cowleys...

Just now, SiJ said:

Good to see the knives are out already though. 

Monk was appointed two days ago and already some are seemingly waiting for the first defeat, dropped point etc., to go absolute schizo and tell us they were right all along. 

When did we become such a delusional set of fans? I swear it wasn't always like this, but perhaps I'm wrong. 

Not sure I’m schizo, and in the cold light of day Monk is a safe pair of hands. The manager position in reality is the least of our problems. DC needs help (on the football side) or he needs to sell up and let someone else have a go. 

• Haha 2

Just now, vulva said:

Not sure I’m schizo, and in the cold light of day Monk is a safe pair of hands. The manager position in reality is the least of our problems. DC needs help (on the football side) or he needs to sell up and let someone else have a go. 

That wasn't aimed at you. I know you are pretty measured when it comes to these things. 

More aimed at some of our resident doom-mongers. 

12 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m not feeling envious at all, not expecting him to be successful at Huddersfield.

Why do people think that a manager, who’s highlight of their playing career was playing in the 6th tier, and only notable management experience is a promotion from the 5th and 4th tiers, would be able to walk into a second tier club and completely turn things around from the bottom up. There’s nothing there to suggest that’s likely.. particularly going into somewhere like Huddersfield which is basically a sinking ship. He’s going to have to learn so much on the job.. people who think he can do it through sheer force of personality, being ultra prepared and confident clearly think that the experience is unimportant.

Monk is the same age and has done much more in the game at the right end of the football pyramid. Let’s get behind him, we’re far more likely to get to the play offs under Monk than under Cowley

And...Huddersfield fans won't like the direct football that the Cowley's serve up after playing possession football for the last three years.

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

lol

25 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Monk was appointed two days ago and already some are seemingly waiting for the first defeat, dropped point etc., to go absolute schizo and tell us they were right all along. 

When did we become such a delusional set of fans? I swear it wasn't always like this, but perhaps I'm wrong. 

In the 90s didn't we sack  Pleat for finishing 7th the season before?  

44 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I’d absolutely love Monk to get us promoted and shut me up. I think it’s a steady appointment but don’t think he will work wonders here. Cowley would have been interesting and a gamble that could really transform the club. Which is what is needed.

Such an easy argument to suggest people who have a different opinion want Wednesday to fail. I just post how I see our situation. That’s all. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’d absolutely love Monk to get us promoted and shut me up. I think it’s a steady appointment but don’t think he will work wonders here. Cowley would have been interesting and a gamble that could really transform the club. Which is what is needed.

Such an easy argument to suggest people who have a different opinion want Wednesday to fail. I just post how I see our situation. That’s all. 

It's a chance to see how either fair  now that cowley has gone to udders. 

41 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And...Huddersfield fans won't like the direct football that the Cowley's serve up after playing possession football for the last three years.

Just our luck to be playing them Sunday, cowley with have them fired up, hope we are too, should be interesting to say the least. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Cowley will go on to manage in the Premier League. Bit worrying he rejected us for a side bottom of the league. 

Their results have obviously been very impressive, but there are so many ‘next big thing in mamagement’ never making the step up. 

What makes people think they’re so progressive?

2 hours ago, SkegHubro said:

i mean, compare DC’s quote to Huddersfield’s quote today: 

Chairman Phil Hodgkinson added: “From the outset, [head of football operations] David Webb and I knew how important this next appointment is for the club. We undertook a very detailed and thorough process to identify the right person to lead the first team forward, first outlining the qualities we were looking for in the right candidate and then establishing which managers matched them.

“Our research, due diligence and work resulted in a shortlist of four candidates, and Danny Cowley was number one. Our character references revealed a man who is one of the most detailed managers around; meticulous in his preparation, and highly regarded by his peers.”

Are you really going to put any relevance into a quote from the Huddersfield chairman? 

20 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Their results have obviously been very impressive, but there are so many ‘next big thing in mamagement’ never making the step up. 

What makes people think they’re so progressive?

I just think it’s a route the club haven’t explored yet. I’ve read a lot about the Cowley’s and how they operate. Very impressive and progressive. Other clubs have had success taking an alternative model and I would just like to see our club try it. But I think our chairman is just desperate to get us up. I don’t think he’s looking at the bigger picture. 

I think the position we are in right now with the playing staff, we should take a different route and start a fresh. Not sure Monk with Bullen as his assistant is really that revolutionary. Like I’ve said. Hope I’m wrong. I think Monk will do a steady job, but whilst you charge high prices and say during a press conference say ‘I only think of top two’ - pressure is immediately applied from the off. It’s clear Monk is seen as another quick fix under the same model of management. 

The knives will be out after a few dodgy results and the fans will be blamed for being impatient. But the expectation has cascaded down from the very top. 

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I just think it’s a route the club haven’t explored yet. I’ve read a lot about the Cowley’s and how they operate. Very impressive and progressive. Other clubs have had success taking an alternative model and I would just like to see our club try it. But I think our chairman is just desperate to get us up. I don’t think he’s looking at the bigger picture. 

I think the position we are in right now with the playing staff, we should take a different route and start a fresh. Not sure Monk with Bullen as his assistant is really that revolutionary. Like I’ve said. Hope I’m wrong. I think Monk will do a steady job, but whilst you charge high prices and say during a press conference say ‘I only think of top two’ - pressure is immediately applied from the off. It’s clear Monk is seen as another quick fix under the same model of management. 

The knives will be out after a few dodgy results and the fans will be blamed for being impatient. But the expectation has cascaded down from the very top. 

You should read up on Monk’s methods.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s clear Monk is seen as another quick fix under the same model of management. 

Same as who, Bruce or Joss?

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Same knives would be out, even if revolutinary leader Che Guevara ...i mean Cowley:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

You should read up on Monk’s methods.  

Have done, and speaks a good game. Did well at Swansea. His spells at Leeds, Boro and Brum don’t inspire me. They might like him as a manager, but he achieved nothing with them. I quite liked Brian Laws but don’t really look back on his time with us as successful. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Have done, and speaks a good game. Did well at Swansea. His spells at Leeds, Boro and Brum don’t inspire me. They might like him as a manager, but he achieved nothing with them. I quite liked Brian Laws but don’t really look back on his time with us as successful. 

He did a pretty damn good job at Leeds. 

Took a mid-table team and nearly got them in the play offs. 

Boro...they seem to be in a permanent state of decline, though, yeah, it didn't work out. 

The Brum fans absolutely loved him from what I can tell.