I’m glad we’ve hired Monk instead of the Cowleys...

33 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Yeah maybe but honestly if any of our players have big egos then i'm perplexed as to why/how? Let's face it most of them are crap!

Sadly its the way of todays game, paid too much and wrapped in cotton wool with no idea what a hard days work is.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Also glad we've got him..  Hougton was my No.1 then either Monk or Rowett,  with Monk being favoured.. Never considered the Cowleys "don't believe the hype"

Think with him only being 40.. he should have the drive and desire to do really well.  Lets see what happens.

Would have preferred Rowett (not sure why tbh) 

But much prefer monk over the other (realistic) names linked 

I'm glad we've just got the one manager so we know where we are. Those Cowley "brothers" confuse me because everybody goes on about them as brothers but I only ever seem to see one of them being interviewed.

Same with those Flintoff brothers Andrew and Freddie...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Would have preferred Rowett (not sure why tbh) 

But much prefer monk over the other (realistic) names linked 

I picked Rowett initially mainly because I thought the investigation thing was keeping Monk out of the running for any job for the time being.

He (Rowett) has been doing my head in on Sky and with research and reflection Monk is the better choice of the two I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Gutted Cowley has decided to go to Huddersfield. Still was my number one choice to come here. Annoying we have missed out, yes I do think we failed to persuade him to come here, not exactly in the best state off the pitch are we. 

The Cowleys haven’t chosen to go to uddersfied, we didn’t go for them and they wanted to come to us. As soon as Monk was appointed they shot back down to 1/5. 

Funny how the said no to them when we were hovering. Likely we were going to match or even better the payout for them. Think maybe 1.5 million was the amount touted that Huddersfield were putting together. Then the stadium investigation was touted and all seemed to swing Gary Monk's way. Maybe DC wants to go easy on the layout. Can't blame in. And in the cold light of day Monk has solid Championship history and Premiership history. They say attractive football too. This move by the Cowleys is a step up which many have fallen at. Yes they've done great in the past. But It might be tough initially for them and how much time will be allowed for? If they don't pick em up soon a situation could occur where they lose the players and the fans. Yes true for all new managers Monk included. Just feel Huddersfield are on a downward curve. They need to turn it to an accepted level as they may provide parachute money in January. I truly believe our squad is not bad and Monk, if he applies his past solid base, can do a decent job here. 

29 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I picked Rowett initially mainly because I thought the investigation thing was keeping Monk out of the running for any job for the time being.

He (Rowett) has been doing my head in on Sky and with research and reflection Monk is the better choice of the two I think.

Driving me up the wall 

• Haha 1

Expecting DC to get his usual kicking when Huddersfield announce it, and then even more so should they beat us Sunday. 

The only fact is that none of the fans know the facts. 

It would be nice to think after the saga with Bruce that the fan base can get behind the Chairman and Monk, and  reserve any judgement until the end of the season. 

The last thing we need is fans using Huddersfield as a yardstick to measure ifs and buts. Then using any success they have as a stick to beat DC with. 

Edited by NeonLeon

6 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Going from a promotion hunting League One team to a relegation facing Championship team isn't that much of an ambitious step. Nonplussed by this. I'd be gunning for the Cowleys to do well at Lincoln, but can't bring myself to hope they do well at Huddersfield!

I find it baffling why they would leave Lincoln for Huddersfield. A mini step up in the grand scheme of things... hopefully he will regret it come Sunday after 2pm! lol

7 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Going from a promotion hunting League One team to a relegation facing Championship team isn't that much of an ambitious step. Nonplussed by this. I'd be gunning for the Cowleys to do well at Lincoln, but can't bring myself to hope they do well at Huddersfield!

7 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Quite agree, its obviously the money, so much for loyalty.

42 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I'm in exactly the same boat.

I didn't think Monk was an option until the issues with his previous chairmen had been resolved, so thought Rowett was our best bet due to being relatively young yet also experienced in this division.

Monk actually offers that and more, having done an impressive job with Swansea in the Premier League, and having shown that he has the scope to get teams playing a pleasing style of football given the right tools to work with. It's all hypothetical, but I reckon the glass ceiling with Monk might be that little bit higher than with Rowett.

Also, the more I hear from Rowett, the less I like him. Not that likability should be top of our list for prospective managers, of course.

• Like 1

Wasn't a massive fan, but I'll give the guy time and see. 

I didn't really want the cowleys due to seeing how the likes of Jones, Hurst and Heckingbottom fared when they left league 1 for bigger clubs and struggled. 

Personally I wanted an experienced championship manager. 

You could see almost immediately the effect Bruce had on both the playing side and the summer transfer business compared to the last few years and were beggining to look a lot more professionally run as a club. Though his replacement did take a long time to come. 

42 minutes ago, fatbloke said:

Crowley’s going to Huddersfield according to talksport ,after they said they weren’t bothered ??

Current salary £150k

Offered £1.5m at Huddersfield

er............no brainer.

You can swallow alot of morals for that.

Edited by Ray Von shabba

10 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

I find it baffling why they would leave Lincoln for Huddersfield. A mini step up in the grand scheme of things... hopefully he will regret it come Sunday after 2pm! lol

It shows either a lack of ambition or a sensible approach to making their way up the leagues to be fair, just not too sure which yet.