No one wants the gig

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He didn’t want to sack Carlos or Jos. It was the relentless actions of the fans which resulted in the sackings after he was backed into a corner. 

And it took far far too long.

He's inconsistent, indecisive and very reactive. Eventually.

44 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Not sure what you’re on about with that point as I haven’t even mentioned Steve Bruce. My thoughts on Bruce are quite clear though, he’s one of the main reasons we are in this mess in the first place. 

Oops sincere apologies mate, I attributed this quote to you.

"Bruce may have told all his manager friends that DC is hard work".

I give myself a 3 hour ban.

Once again, apologies.

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

We have had 100 applicants no? Rowett has admitted wanting it but we won’t give him an interview.

I would say the bigger issue is although that DCs heart might be in the right place, he doesn’t have a clue about football. 

Perhaps they're interested until they discover DC is offering a one-year deal

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think DC hasn’t even seriously looked to get anyone else in. Absolute shambles of a situation. 

Its not DCs fault his well appointed manager & coaching staff walked out in July.

Bully is holding the fort, & keeping us mid table, until an appointment is made.

Stop panicking, blaming DC & get behind the club.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the monk said:

Would you for 30 k a week ?

I would personally because that's more than I get in a year :ghoulguy:

In those terms, we could be the dream job for a lower League; non League, the Scottish leagues or some obscure foreign manager.

I think we'll either stick with Bully and just add to the coaching staff or we'll end up with another obscure Carlos or Jos type.

Personally, I would pay whatever someone on the rise like the Cowley's, Flynn or Neil want and would let them rebuild us and implement an ethos and way of playing.

11 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Why would we offer less money than what Bruce was on, if we were getting a similar calibre manager?

P & S we have to keep losses under £20 million this season. WE brought in Strudwick and scouts, We still have some high earners on books and think DC saw chances of us getting promotion diminish when Bruce left and concentrated on keeping money under control. We had compo from Newcastle £5 million for Joao and only bought Luongo for less than million. So probably £8 million in and think DC holding station and ying to get into position to have a real go again in future. If Bullen could have kept it icking over think he would have been happy but signs are terrible and will have to probably change stance. 

Nixon and other journalists have said we are not offering same money Bruce was on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Quist said:

P & S we have to keep losses under £20 million this season. WE brought in Strudwick and scouts, We still have some high earners on books and think DC saw chances of us getting promotion diminish when Bruce left and concentrated on keeping money under control. We had compo from Newcastle £5 million for Joao and only bought Luongo for less than million. So probably £8 million in and think DC holding station and ying to get into position to have a real go again in future. If Bullen could have kept it icking over think he would have been happy but signs are terrible and will have to probably change stance. 

Nixon and other journalists have said we are not offering same money Bruce was on.

Think you’re forgetting the high earners now off the wage bill and the sale of Hillsborough

But what the hell it must be true if Nixon says so.

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Think you’re forgetting the high earners now off the wage bill and the sale of Hillsborough

But what the hell it must be true if Nixon says so.

We only made profit of £2 million after selling stadium for £60 million. look at figures. We have to keep losses under £20 million this season. The club was in a right financial mess and its why were keen to offload Rhodes which we were unable to do. position is better but not resolved by any means.

Other besides Nixon have said this and where managers concerned he has been very accurate. I hope he is wrong especially in latest article about Pulis.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Its not DCs fault his well appointed manager & coaching staff walked out in July.

Bully is holding the fort, & keeping us mid table, until an appointment is made.

Stop panicking, blaming DC & get behind the club.

It's not Chansiri's fault that Bruce and his staff walked out in mid-July, but it is his fault that it's now September and we're yet to replace them.

When Bruce walked out, I doubt many Wednesdayites thought leaving leaving Bullen in charge for the first seven games of the season represented our best chance of success this season. That it's been allowed to happen is pretty shocking, to be honest.

Those who are unhappy with the current situation have the club's best interests at heart and are behind the club; they just want the chairman to employ a manager and a coaching team at some point soon. After all, he's had 50 days and counting...

• Like 1

When "Unemployed managers" actually turn you down..It speaks of more than the actual "Team"..

.Its got to be because , theres something wrong bebehind the scenes

Call me a bewdwetter or whatever...But 

Chansiri spoke of "Serious trouble" waiting in the wings " last year...

Thats seemingly now upon us.

So if lee Bullen is the cheaper option..maybe at the minute..The ONLY option...

Chansiri needs to tell us...because thats the only way he is going to get the fans onside...

Simply tell us the truth.

Wednesday fans have stayed constant  since Wednesday began...

Wednesday fans have turned up in numbers for 2 decades watching tat...

We aren't going to f.ook off because of a lack of success on the field..otherwise the "Segregation " problem at Hillsborough would have been settled years ago...

"away fans leave via Leppings lane...can you two hang on a minute"

Tell it as it is Mr Chansiri...You might be surprised

Edited by asteener1867
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's not Chansiri's fault that Bruce and his staff walked out in mid-July, but it is his fault that it's now September and we're yet to replace them.

When Bruce walked out, I doubt many Wednesdayites thought leaving leaving Bullen in charge for the first seven games of the season represented our best chance of success this season. That it's been allowed to happen is pretty shocking, to be honest.

Those who are unhappy with the current situation have the club's best interests at heart and are behind the club; they just want the chairman to employ a manager and a coaching team at some point soon. After all, he's had 50 days and counting...

Yep you're right, mid July, all Chansiri, had to do was say 'experience Championship manager' 3 times.

And one would Pop out of the lamp.

2 hours ago, bobowl said:

Bruce may have told all his manager friends that DC is hard work.

100% certain he will have been asked  however one salvation is i know DC respected bruce and let him have his say hopefully he has relayed the good and bad 

the pickle we have here is the people we want apparently don't want to work here  for  eg Hughton Pulis      the people who want to work here we don't apparently want  for eg Holloway Rowett

8 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Yep you're right, mid July, all Chansiri, had to do was say 'experience Championship manager' 3 times.

And one would Pop out of the lamp.

I didn't mention an experienced Championship manager.

Are you seriously suggesting that it's normal for a Championship team to take more than 50 days to find a manager they're happy to employ? There will be plenty of options available to us, some of whom we fans might be able to name, and many others we won't.

To allow a caretaker manager to take control of as many matches as he already has is not the way to set ourselves up for a successful season, and to suggest that those who are concerned about the situation aren't behind the club is misguided, bordering on insulting.

Wonder if someone like Derek at Aberdeen would be interested? Maybe he could bring that centre half we wanted from them, when the window re-opens, that he got mardy about during the transfer window? About time we got lucky with a gamble, like Alex Neil from the Scottish Leagues too. Would personally prefer taking a chance with someone on the rise like the Cowley's, Michael Flynn or Alex Neil but we may have to be smart or get lucky by being a bit leftfield or by taking a punt on someone obscure or on the rise in the EFL, Scottish Leagues or from abroad.

2 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Dc wanted the cheap option in Bullen and its gone pete tong. Lets face it there has been zero contact with any managers no credible reports informed us we had apart from toilet rags like HITC, Football league world etc.

Now hes going to have to get his hand in his pocket and dish out some coin to get a manager in BUT It wouldnt surprise me if hes still sat on his hands now and going to give it a few more games which is playing with fire. 

Look how quickly fans on owlstalk have turned after the Qpr game, I dread to think what the Mutants on Facebook will be saying

Chansiri is into this project for North of £100m, he appointed Bruce at £2m/year and you have the sheer idiocy to say he's wanting to appoint Bullen because he's a cheap option..... Just what the f**k are you smoking?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1