No one wants the gig

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Otherwise anyone half decent would have been appointed by now, surely?

I don’t believe DC is holding out for anyone, I think he’s just in a real pickle 

Discuss 

We have had 100 applicants no? Rowett has admitted wanting it but we won’t give him an interview.

I would say the bigger issue is although that DCs heart might be in the right place, he doesn’t have a clue about football. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

We have had 100 applicants no? Rowett has admitted wanting it but we won’t give him an interview.

I would say the bigger issue is although that DCs heart might be in the right place, he doesn’t have a clue about football. 

Would be interested to know who advised him on Bruce then, because that appointment would indicate he’s not as clueless as we think 

Edited by FreshOwl

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Would be interested to know who advised him on Bruce then, because that appointment would indicate he’s not as clueless as we think 

Thats one of very few things he has got right in his whole time here. We all know that the main reason for this mess is Bruce doing the dirty on us. However how can the likes of Rowett not even get an interview but we will consider Pulis.  The longer we let this go on then the more likely we are just writing another season off. 

If the title of your thread is correct then the question for me would be why? 

17 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I would think there’s plenty of interest in the job. 

I just think DC is taking his time (as he always does), while giving Bullen a bit of a chance. 

Just hope it’s not too late before he realises Bullen’s out of his depth as a championship manager.

I’ll have it.

Do I get your vote?

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It always concerned me how quick Bruce jumped ship for a job he knows he'll be sacked from.

Something doesn't add up.

It wouldn't surprise me if proven managers and younger managers on the rise were put off the job. From the outside, to be honest, we appear to be a mess. I'm speaking of the lack of player sales and recruitment, the commercial side of things, the past embargoes, etc. Would a proven manager with some nous or any decent up and coming managers, want a gig like that, where they won't be able to rebuild us progressively or be able to implement their ethos?

13 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

The irony of people on Owlstalk saying someone else 'doesn’t have a clue about football'. 

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

I'm guessing DC will get someone in during the international break. If so, needs to get cracking.

Hope so but not sure we will. Hughton and Pulis seemingly don't want it. The likes of Rowett haven't even been considered by the sounds of it. Doesn't seem like we're in the smarter long term forward thinking market for managers on the rise, whilst more proven experienced managers that like to do things their way like Bruce are seemingly being put off it. Can see us making do with Bully and just adding to the coaching set up or going for a leftfield appointment like Swansea or another Carlos/Jos type.

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

The irony of people on Owlstalk saying someone else 'doesn’t have a clue about football'. 

I wouldn’t expect him to know anything about football, until he bought us he had no experience in it did he? However as someone who has ploughed over £100m into the business you’d think he might employ a few people to help him out.