No one wants the gig

1 hour ago, Quist said:

I was told that when money for job was mentioned Hughton and Pulis lost interest. Apparently we are offering considerably less than Bruce was on which means some of high paid managers in division would be out of reach unless we alter stance. I do not think discussions got very far because of gap with what was expected and what was being offered. I am delighted Pulis was not keen. Think money being offered is still good but may stop likes of Hughton, Rowett taking job who have been on top money. I am convinced this is why we went along with cheap option Bullen. it is now looking as though going for budget option was wrong.

By who?

Chansiri will pay what he needs to pay to get who he wants ,  like he did with Bruce 

pure speculation that Hughton or Pulis turned owt down because of the money, CH wants a prem club 

41 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

When "Unemployed managers" actually turn you down..It speaks of more than the actual "Team"..

.Its got to be because , theres something wrong bebehind the scenes

Call me a bewdwetter or whatever...But 

Chansiri spoke of "Serious trouble" waiting in the wings " last year...

Thats seemingly now upon us.

So if lee Bullen is the cheaper option..maybe at the minute..The ONLY option...

Chansiri needs to tell us...because thats the only way he is going to get the fans onside...

Simply tell us the truth.

Wednesday fans have stayed constant  since Wednesday began...

Wednesday fans have turned up in numbers for 2 decades watching tat...

We aren't going to f.ook off because of a lack of success on the field..otherwise the "Segregation " problem at Hillsborough would have been settled years ago...

"away fans leave via Leppings lane...can you two hang on a minute"

Tell it as it is Mr Chansiri...You might be surprised

The "Serious trouble" I'm pretty much certain, has been alleviated by the sale of Hillsborough. As long as the club doesn't lose another £20m in the next financial year, there will be no further sanctions as I see it. After that DC can cut the ridiculous wage bill again when some more ludicrous contracts run out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Would be interested to know who advised him on Bruce then, because that appointment would indicate he’s not as clueless as we think 

That was me. I gave him a shortlist of two. Both had similar CVs. You wouldn't like the other.

lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Think you’re forgetting the high earners now off the wage bill and the sale of Hillsborough

But what the hell it must be true if Nixon says so.

Even with the sale of the stadium my understanding is we could still be in a poor financial state next season unless we were to win promotion.

Some fans seem to think the sale has solved our problems - it hasn’t.

Having said that we do need to pay the money and get the right man in if we are to aim for promotion and although it’s extremely early in the season we are already 7 points behind the leaders. 

4 minutes ago, folger said:

We are a poisonous club with a fanbase thats always 1 loss from rioting. No money to spend and a chairman that few would work for. 

Given all that Wednesday fans have had to endure in the past few decades, I'd say we've been remarkably tolerant, all things considered. I can't remember too many times the fanbase were 'rioting', to be honest. There have been no shoes off in the carpark at Hillsborough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Given all that Wednesday fans have had to endure in the past few decades, I'd say we've been remarkably tolerant, all things considered. I can't remember too many times the fanbase were 'rioting', to be honest. There have been no shoes off in the carpark at Hillsborough.

Most of us have grown up on realism. Whether it's the dark days of Len Ashurst, the exit and return of Judas Big Ron or losing in the last minute of an FA cup final: we're a hardy bunch. Always have been. 

Apologies to any offended by the term Judas or being reminded of Len Ashurst.    lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

It always concerned me how quick Bruce jumped ship for a job he knows he'll be sacked from.

Something doesn't add up.

It was reported that he would get a decent bonus for avoiding relegation and then extra shed loads for each place Newcastle finished above the relegation zone.

Guest Ferkorf
1 hour ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Chansiri is into this project for North of £100m, he appointed Bruce at £2m/year and you have the sheer idiocy to say he's wanting to appoint Bullen because he's a cheap option..... Just what the f**k are you smoking?

Yes it must be that stuff I am smoking that made me imagine Bullen has been left in charge for the past 7 games and my sheer idiocy that made me believe it when HITC reported that we contacted several managers and interviewed over 100 yet felt the need to stick with Bullen.

I totally forgot that we are well clear of ffp and haven't a thing to care about, so it wouldnt make sense to let bullen have the job if he was any good instead of spewing potentially 2m a year on a new bloke. Crazy! Why would Dc want to save that much money....

Wowzers!