No one wants the gig

I’ve no issue with people criticising the chairman for taking too long to make an appointment but it’s unfair to say Bruce left because of a bad relationship and that’s what is putting others off.

Bruce left because Chansiri is a real bad man

It’s obvious innit , Bruce can’t work with these kinds of people and that’s why he jumped ship .... to go and work with MIKE ASHLEY !   Haha haha there’s some absolute comedy gold getting posted on here today 

2 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

I wouldn’t expect him to know anything about football, until he bought us he had no experience in it did he? However as someone who has ploughed over £100m into the business you’d think he might employ a few people to help him out. 

Wasn't the big argument at the time the fact there were TOO MANY advising him.

Anyway, as I was saying, re Bruce advising managers not to work for DC when he goes to work for Ashley.   Credible??  Don't think so.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Wasn't the big argument at the time the fact there were TOO MANY advising him.

Anyway, as I was saying, re Bruce advising managers not to work for DC when he goes to work for Ashley.   Credible??  Don't think so.

Not sure what you’re on about with that point as I haven’t even mentioned Steve Bruce. My thoughts on Bruce are quite clear though, he’s one of the main reasons we are in this mess in the first place. 

DC is giving bullen as much time as possible. He wants him to succeed (as we all do) because appointing him would be the cheapest option. 

He'll cling to that for as long as possible. 

As always it will probably come down to the fans hounding bullen out before he acts which is something I have previously said wouldn't happen. It concerns me 

Guest Ferkorf

Dc wanted the cheap option in Bullen and its gone pete tong. Lets face it there has been zero contact with any managers no credible reports informed us we had apart from toilet rags like HITC, Football league world etc.

Now hes going to have to get his hand in his pocket and dish out some coin to get a manager in BUT It wouldnt surprise me if hes still sat on his hands now and going to give it a few more games which is playing with fire. 

Look how quickly fans on owlstalk have turned after the Qpr game, I dread to think what the Mutants on Facebook will be saying

1 minute ago, poite said:

DC is giving bullen as much time as possible. He wants him to succeed (as we all do) because appointing him would be the cheapest option. 

He'll cling to that for as long as possible. 

As always it will probably come down to the fans hounding bullen out before he acts which is something I have previously said wouldn't happen. It concerns me 

When has Chansiri ever been known to cling onto the cheapest option 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

When has Chansiri ever been known to cling onto the cheapest option 

That's what I think he's doing right now. 

He hung onto Carlos way to long.

Without the fans reaction we would probably still have Jos in charge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The writing is on the wall, once DC realises Bully's not the man for the job, which is compounded by a lack of coaching support, we'll end up with another obscure Carlos or Jos type. Let's hope we get lucky this time, like the likes of Norwich were with Farke or Huddersfield in the past with Wagner.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Dc wanted the cheap option in Bullen and its gone pete tong. Lets face it there has been zero contact with any managers no credible reports informed us we had apart from toilet rags like HITC, Football league world etc.

Now hes going to have to get his hand in his pocket and dish out some coin to get a manager in BUT It wouldnt surprise me if hes still sat on his hands now and going to give it a few more games which is playing with fire. 

Look how quickly fans on owlstalk have turned after the Qpr game, I dread to think what the Mutants on Facebook will be saying

Don’t go on Facebook whatever you do! The mutants are revolting!!

Guest Ferkorf
3 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

Don’t go on Facebook whatever you do! The mutants are revolting!!

Removed myself from it years ago but I can imagine the pure vile getting spilt on it. It gives the creatures of the night a platform to talk absolute shy't when without facedog or twatter  they would just be the voiceless dweebs that never leave their ps4s for longer than ten mins unless its for a fish finger sandwich and a cup of horlics

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Otherwise anyone half decent would have been appointed by now, surely?

I don’t believe DC is holding out for anyone, I think he’s just in a real pickle 

Discuss 

I was told that when money for job was mentioned Hughton and Pulis lost interest. Apparently we are offering considerably less than Bruce was on which means some of high paid managers in division would be out of reach unless we alter stance. I do not think discussions got very far because of gap with what was expected and what was being offered. I am delighted Pulis was not keen. Think money being offered is still good but may stop likes of Hughton, Rowett taking job who have been on top money. I am convinced this is why we went along with cheap option Bullen. it is now looking as though going for budget option was wrong.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I think DC hasn’t even seriously looked to get anyone else in. Absolute shambles of a situation. 

Fair enough it has taken too long in my opinion but it is was fairly widely reported that we had looked to get Hughton in and others had been considered so you think wrong,

16 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The reason that nobody has been appointed is that DC doesn’t like to make decisions. He’s a reactive individual. 

He sacked a manager when he took over the club. A manager that hadn’t failed, that had done well with limited funds 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

I was told that when money for job was mentioned Hughton and Pulis lost interest. Apparently we are offering considerably less than Bruce was on which means some of high paid managers in division would be out of reach unless we alter stance. I do not think discussions got very far because of gap with what was expected and what was being offered. I am delighted Pulis was not keen. Think money being offered is still good but may stop likes of Hughton, Rowett taking job who have been on top money. I am convinced this is why we went along with cheap option Bullen. it is now looking as though going for budget option was wrong.

Why would we offer less money than what Bruce was on, if we were getting a similar calibre manager?

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

He sacked a manager when he took over the club. A manager that hadn’t failed, that had done well with limited funds 

He didn’t want to sack Carlos or Jos. It was the relentless actions of the fans which resulted in the sackings after he was backed into a corner. 

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

It wouldn't surprise me if proven managers and younger managers on the rise were put off the job. From the outside, to be honest, we appear to be a mess. I'm speaking of the lack of player sales and recruitment, the commercial side of things, the past embargoes, etc. Would a proven manager with some nous or any decent up and coming managers, want a gig like that, where they won't be able to rebuild us progressively or be able to implement their ethos?

Would you for 30 k a week ?