Tony Pulis - Nixon Story

I'm not bothered who it is as long as we have a strong work ethic, constantly press teams to get the ball back and close in on opponents, and hunt in packs to offer options with and without the ball. Any fit professional is capable of this. Add leadership and organization and going out to win every game and I have no doubt we would be in the top 6.

pulis has spoken to chansiri about a month ago how far the talks went who knows , I said after the reading game this and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the job . like 95% of our support I don't want him as watching paint dry is not what I pay £550 a season for and the £1000 plus to watch us away. 

Got to laugh at people wanting Tony Pulis. 

At Middlesbrough he was playing 541 at home with 5 centre backs and 3/4 defensive midfielders with 1 up top. They were that bad to watch that a decent number of their season ticket holders weren’t even going to watch them even though they were fighting for the play offs. You only have to look at our game at their place on Boxing Day, the fans were booing them after 3 minutes, we were in crisis but went there and won. 

Its about time DC got his head out of his arse and started thinking about a long term vision for the club. Employ Pulis and the fans will be screaming for him to go in no time. What would we do with the likes of Bannan, Lee, Harris, Murphy etc because he wouldn’t play them. 

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf

I wonder how many people who are saying 'I don't want to pay to see Tony Pulis and his style of football' are actually regulars at our games.

Get this a lot on that Wednesday sing group 'Its too expensive' says the lad I know from school who whacks 3 gram of charlie up his sniffer every weekend then still sings Di canio songs  .....

or 'Bullen/Jos/Carlos out' says the bloke I work with that hasn't had any interest in attending a match since he begged for spare tickets for Wembley then got hump on because he couldn't get one.

I for one like to be entertained but in the end a Wednesday win is all that matters. So if its to be Pulis lets crack on I hope he shakes things up.

18 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

If I’m understanding this correctly from the numerous threads and posts then Wednesday can guarantee success by either appointing an experienced international type manager or a young up and coming type. Working a treat for Derby and Stoke...

the cowleys at Lincoln get a mention a lot but they deal with younger lower league players who they have signed and im sure respect the manager , coming here we have a lot of high earners who he might have a job to get there respect , look at hurst he is an owl  did wonders at shrewsbury then was a car crash at Ipswich . there is pros and cons either way and nothing is guaranteed . all I want is a manager what gets 100% out of his players and plays an attacking style of play id sooner watch a 3-3 than a jos type 0-0 

Pulis is an has been in a silly baseball cap. 

If we're going to have a manager from my hometown, I'd much rather Michael Flynn. At least he's on the rise, rather than the decline, like the Cowley's. The Cowley's, Flynn or Neil, would be interesting forward thinking appointments. We're not going up this season, with this midfield and without enough goals in the team. It's rare for a team to go up at this level when changing the manager during the season. We need to rebuild and it will take time. A out of work has been or a failure, would be the wrong way to go about it and it wouldn't end well.

All these people clamouring for Danny Cowley , do you really think Hillsborough is the place for a young upcoming manager ? Who’s never managed at this level and will undoubtedly make a few mistakes ?  God forbid could even end up like Nathan Jones at Stoke , your asking Chansiri to take the chance but need to remember it’s Chansiri you will all have pitchforks out for if it was to end up like a situation stoke now have with Jones 

This club needs a firm experienced hand

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

All these people clamouring for Danny Cowley , do you really think Hillsborough is the place for a young upcoming manager ? Who’s never managed at this level and will undoubtedly make a few mistakes ?  God forbid could even end up like Nathan Jones at Stoke , your asking Chansiri to take the chance but need to remember it’s Chansiri you will all have pitchforks out for if it was to end up like a situation stoke now have with Jones 

As enticing as it would be to have an up-and-coming manager at the helm, I can't help but agree with you.

There are no certainties of course, but on the balance of probabilities, I reckon an experienced manager represents our best chance of achieving success with our current squad. The way they responded to Bruce last season was quite noticeable.

Guest Ferkorf
6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Im sick of hearing about these Cowleys, lets face it they would absolutely crumble at this club and to be honest I doubt they would even come.

When lincoln are in such a good position currently they would probably stick around see how they get on there.

They might be in championship next season.

Money talks but those 2 blokes will make their money in time they have done a great job at that club.

Our players would run rings round them, no way they could handle it unless they had a full pre season to ship out the players that are w^nkers and bring in their own guys.

8 hours ago, McRightSide said:

No, he didn’t say that.

There were some rumours that leaked prior to him resigning, but that was all part of the massaging that was being done 

When Bruce publicly expresses concern that we have too many forwards, it suggests he anticipated that would change come the summer. It didn't change though, did it?

Perhaps the broken promises thing was "massaging", but it does add up, especially when Bruce is desperate to leave after a handful of months.

I saw the signing of Bruce as indication that DC would reverse the ridiculous tactic of refusing to get rid of players, because that's the sort of thing we all expected Bruce wouldn't put up with.

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

If I’m understanding this correctly from the numerous threads and posts then Wednesday can guarantee success by either appointing an experienced international type manager or a young up and coming type. Working a treat for Derby and Stoke...

Yep , again ...  Cocu was seen as an ambitious appointment by Derby and he’s looking out of his depth 

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

When Bruce publicly expresses concern that we have too many forwards, it suggests he anticipated that would change come the summer. It didn't change though, did it?

Perhaps the broken promises thing was "massaging", but it does add up, especially when Bruce is desperate to leave after a handful of months.

I saw the signing of Bruce as indication that DC would reverse the ridiculous tactic of refusing to get rid of players, because that's the sort of thing we all expected Bruce wouldn't put up with.

We did have too many forwards.

Thats not ‘things not being right behind the scenes’

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

pulis has spoken to chansiri about a month ago how far the talks went who knows , I said after the reading game this and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the job . like 95% of our support I don't want him as watching paint dry is not what I pay £550 a season for and the £1000 plus to watch us away. 

That said what style have we been playing for the last 20 years ?

I'd say it is a losing style with minimal entertainment , and I for one have had enough 

Could Pulis turn us around, who knows? 

I know I dont!

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Unfortunately in at least 3 of our performances so far this season, what you are paying for currently is worse than what you describe Pulis will be like. Barely had a shot on target at Preston until it was too late, failed to score against 10 men in over 45 munutes at Millwall and had two shots on target at home to QPR in what was a complete tactical disaster. 

Playing poor now shows we need someone to get us back to where we were under Bruce. Not go get a man who plays appalling football and failed to get Middlesbrough promoted they tried him with the well it's crap to watch but if we get up won't matter. They made the mistake we can learn from THEIR Mistake! 

Good attacking football with a plan to unlock defences and be solid when under pressure. Bruce did it ! Nothing else will be acceptable. Proved our squad could do it so let's find a Bruce replacement instead of expensive has been Version of JOS! Been their done that payed enough for season tickets year in year out to deserve what we got 2nd half of last season. Simples

Edited by ashley8

2 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Tony Pulis would be an improvement. 

1. Bullen: pass it to Harris and the fast man can run at goal. If marked, sub on Nuhiu and kick it to the big man. 

2. Pulis: be organised, combative and get the second ball after kicking it to the big man. 

Neither are pretty. But Pulis would be more effective sadly. 

If being an improvement on Bullen is our only criteria, then Pulis would fit the bill.

I really hope we've got loftier ambitions than that, though.

:duntmatter:

Guest Ferkorf
11 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Playing poor now shows we need someone to get us back to where we were under Bruce. Not go get a man who plays appalling football and failed to get Middlesbrough promoted they tried him with the well it's crap to watch but if we get up won't matter. They made the mistake we can learn from THEIR Mistake! 

Good attacking football with a plan to unlock defences and be solid when under pressure. Bruce did it ! Nothing else will be acceptable. Proved our squad could do it so let's find a Bruce replacement instead of expensive has been Version of JOS! Been their done that payed enough for season tickets year in year out to deserve what we got 2nd half of last season. Simples

Is that the same Bruce that won 2 games out of 8 before he left.

Cracking job.