Tony Pulis - Nixon Story

2 minutes ago, English Man said:

If he wasnt interested the first time we came calling we definitely shouldn't go back a second time. Need someone who really wants it and will be passionate about it. 

Exactly, it would be embarrassing to go back to him cap in hand.....He's got enough chuffing caps. He doesn't want us and we dont want him. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

I would jump at Alex Neil but why do you think we are a better prospect for him to leave Preston ?

Depends how ambitious he is, the day is probably fast arising where he can take Preston no further

Unlike Preston, Wednesday are still a sleeping giant

We have far bigger aspirations than Preston

It's whether he thinks his ambitions stand more chance at Wednesday or Preston

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Come on Chansiri cannot be that stupid ! Pulis is a disastrous choice will be hated by almost all fans before he's even took charge. Look at the mess he's left at Middlesbrough. He should retire. Don't want him, nobody does. Utterly crazy and stupidity to even speak to him. Unless you were trying to use him to get a deal with a decent manager then he's an absolute right off.

Chansiri must know this would be a PR disaster and a footballing f up

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

Steve Bruce went to the Toon.

Jos Luhukay went to St. Pauli.

Anyone who's studied classical languages will know that Toon Pauli is Latin for Tony Pulis.

pulis.png

He's already smoking a pipe, it's another sign lol:image::image: :bullen:

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

It isn’t ineffective.

it is very effective. 

But it is direct football. I have no issues with direct football. Some do.

the more sides that are willing to eff about with it at the back with it, the more a dynamic, forceful, direct, fast side would flourish.

week after week sides are being caught out 'playing football' at the back by smarter better teams, burnley on the half way line showing us their 'footballing prowess' yesterday 4 seconds before liverpoo's second goal. 

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Done with caring. We could still make something of this season with the right appointment. Pulis isn’t that.

Continuing to spend money on going to matches but not caring what happens seems more bizarre than packing it in completely! 

7 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Come on Chansiri cannot be that stupid ! Pulis is a disastrous choice will be hated by almost all fans before he's even took charge. Look at the mess he's left at Middlesbrough. He should retire. Don't want him, nobody does. Utterly crazy and stupidity to even speak to him. Unless you were trying to use him to get a deal with a decent manager then he's an absolute right off.

The Problem is the club is already  a PR disaster by not appointing a proper man in charge

24 minutes ago, WindygrOWLer said:

Exactly, it would be embarrassing to go back to him cap in hand.....He's got enough chuffing caps. He doesn't want us and we dont want him. 

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Done with caring. We could still make something of this season with the right appointment. Pulis isn’t that.

11 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

are any of you season ticket holders?

'cos if pulis gets appointed and you don't wanna go anymore i'll give you £50 for you ticket, £25 if it's kop, £20 if in sarf.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

are any of you season ticket holders?

'cos if pulis gets appointed and you don't wanna go anymore i'll give you £50 for you ticket, £25 if it's kop, £20 if in sarf.

To be fair that's a better offer than the one for Jordon Rhodes.

• Haha 1

I don’t doubt Pulis would get us results and we’d have a chance of promotion under him.

But he’s not so fantastic that you’d be 90% confident of going up at some point and I have absolutely no interest in watching his brand of football.

I would much rather someone modern and watch some entertaining football. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gbear05 said:

I don’t doubt Pulis would get us results and we’d have a chance of promotion under him.

But he’s not so fantastic that you’d be 90% confident of going up at some point and I have absolutely no interest in watching his brand of football.

I don’t want him his manager either but as for attractive modern football it’s not getting the results Playing from the back passing around the box they try to pass it  Into the net sometimes you feel like Just take a shot like the old fashion way direct:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

and stay down?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

I don’t want him his manager either but as for attractive modern football it’s not getting the results Playing from the back passing around the box they try to pass it  Into the net sometimes you feel like Just take a shot like the old fashion way direct:duntmatter:

they can't give up with it, they've heard it after motd, 'modern football' is brill' owt before 2000 is shyte dinosaur football, go f*** about with it at the back and see.

Guest domSWFC

Tony Pulis would be an improvement. 

1. Bullen: pass it to Harris and the fast man can run at goal. If marked, sub on Nuhiu and kick it to the big man. 

2. Pulis: be organised, combative and get the second ball after kicking it to the big man. 

Neither are pretty. But Pulis would be more effective sadly.