Tony Pulis - Nixon Story

No thanks. He's an has been and he wouldn't suit our squad.

I'd rather us show some ambition or forward thinking by going for a high profile manager or someone like the Cowley's, Flynn or Neil on the rise within the EFL instead of a typical merry go round has been. This season will be a rebuild job thanks to Bruce leaving us in the lurch close to the start of the season, we should go for so!some younger or on the rise, in order to gradually build an identity and philosophy.

This has always been made pretty clear, if Bullen slips up then Pulis will be brought in as the Doyen represented client. The likes of Rowett were never even interviewed.

Would like to see Bullen backed with some experienced staff to replace the three Steves first.

Edited by Lincowl

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

One time of day I'd have ripped your hand off for Pulis, sadly that ship has sailed.

Same as the likes of Ollie. Several years ago, they'd have been ideal but they haven't done anything of note for years. It would make more sense in our situation after Bruce to be more forward thinking and to follow Villa's suit when they replaced him with someone on the rise in Dean Smith.

13 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Same as the likes of Ollie. Several years ago, they'd have been ideal but they haven't done anything of note for years. It would make more sense in our situation after Bruce to be more forward thinking and to follow Villa's suit when they replaced him with someone on the rise in Dean Smith.

We should have gone for Dean Smith instead of Jos; missed our chance. 

• Like 1

So Pulis turned it down and we going back again if Bullen doesn't pick up results in September. Cracking. All the while, Rowett wants the job and I firmly believe he would be an astute appointment for this league. Chansiri is letting this season drift away again. It's costing him money and we are going to be in trouble next year again with FFP. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rogers said:

We should have gone for Dean Smith instead of Jos; missed our chance. 

Totally agree, he was one of the managers at the time I'd have loved for us to have got. At the time, quite a few of us rated him and could see he would have been ideal for us. Villa were smart bringing him in. I wish we'd follow suit, get lucky with someone on the rise and build something in a similar way to the teams that have gone up recently and some of the unfashionable clubs that have gone up and managed to climatise themselves up there.

6 minutes ago, djstatic said:

So Pulis turned it down and we going back again if Bullen doesn't pick up results in September. Cracking. All the while, Rowett wants the job and I firmly believe he would be an astute appointment for this league. Chansiri is letting this season drift away again. It's costing him money and we are going to be in trouble next year again with FFP. 

You couldn't write it could you.

7 minutes ago, djstatic said:

Well, I don't think there'll be much chance of results taking a turn for the better.

Bullen cut a sorry figure after the game, and had the air of a man at the end of his forces.

Whoever he gets, let's hope Chansiri acts sooner rather than later.

Or your in my view accurate predictions for the season will become a reality.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm afraid we're not the draw that we think we are.

Bruce's departure may have raised a few flags as well. Bruce implied that things weren't quite right, and to be fair, from the outside things do look a bit Mickey Mouse. 

My feeling is that we need a shake up at the executive level. DC must hire real football pros, and then take a step back, or else he's going to continue spunking money down the drain. 

• Thanks 2