We need another new name

It's not important how good they have been 

Just a face that fits into our scene 

Bullen loyalty taken for granted 

From owls supporters who just been shafted

The referee had forgotten his glasses 

That DC’s fault just like with the membership passes 

Only maximum points at this stage will do

For all the numpty supporters with the brains of poo. 

Thank you 

4 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Qpr also beat us at getting around them. When the standard of officiating is that low getting into the refs head is very important and an art. We was as poor at this as we were in our general play 

Agree. More and more clubs are using this "art". I notice Fulham doing this on Friday night also and , of course, Preston.

This helped the pigs gain promotion and many championship club with similar budgets will be using the same methods.

Playing nice tipi - tapi stuff with lightweight players in this league now is not gonna get results, but we've got nothing else at the moment.

4 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

We are 6 games in

Every game we should win

Oh no we lost a game

We need another new name

It's not important how good they have been 

Just a face that fits into our scene 

Bullen loyalty taken for granted 

From owls supporters who just been shafted

The referee had forgotten his glasses 

That DC’s fault just like with the membership passes 

Only maximum points at this stage will do

For all the numpty supporters with the brains of poo. 

Thank you 

Did you actually see that yesterday?

Not much mention here of the absolute sheeite decision to drop the club in the muck on the eve of the season by Bruce

Blaming DC and then digging into mistakes (at his expense) seems like a knee jerk reaction but on reflection seems like some have been waiting for this moment

It's obvious LB is out of his depth and at the same time it's also obvious that DC is willing to play the long game to make the right appointment

I'm as disappointed as anybody but only a couple of weeks ago we were top of the league

Fickleness is not unique to our fans but it does look shallow when just 6 games in and 1 point of the play-offs we are kicking lumps out of the club

10 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

Blaming DC and then digging into mistakes (at his expense) seems like a knee jerk reaction but on reflection seems like some have been waiting for this moment

I think that’s a little unfair. 

There are a fair few fans who are looking at the bigger picture and thinking even if we get a new manager, all is not right with the club. 

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

There are a fair few fans who are looking at the bigger picture and thinking even if we get a new manager, all is not right with the club. 

Not really, yes I agree DC has made mistakes, but we were all dropped into a great big bag of poo when Bruce departed

The club was set up for a season under him and has had little time to recover from his selfishness

Lets wait and see who his replacement is and judge once the dust has settled

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!

After the first two games the jury was out on Bullen. I think most people probably knew he wouldn't be the man but thought it was only right that his 'caretaker' role was left open ended whilst he was doing the business. This also bought DC some time to look for potential permanent replacements. I reckon it was about  60/40 or so against & for Bullen. 

Some of these demanded he be replaced immediately & some demanded he be installed immediately. Either way it would have been a knee jerk reaction either way, forced on DC by Bruce's departure. If the 40% Pro Bullen lobby had got their way & DC had 'made a decision' they demanded, presuming they have now changed their minds, I assume we would be facing compensation claims if Bullen was either sacked or demoted back to coaching duties. I also wonder if a 'new manager' had been installed & lost the recent games we lost under Bullen what the 'reaction' on here would have been. "Shouldn't have got rid of Bullen" maybe. Hindsight.

Anyone remember the numerous other meltdowns on here concerning DC & his running of the club?

The triumphal bleatings of the money we were spending at the time. The chant aimed at United "you signed xxxx & xxxx we signed Rhodes & Winnall". I don't remember too many kicking up a storm against DCs spending policy at the time. Maybe i'm wrong & my memory is playing tricks. Maybe i'll trawl through the Owlstalk archives to pass an idle hour & see how many 'hindsight warriors' now describing DCs reign as a "Cluster f**k" were revelling in things at the time.

Only a short while ago, people were prophesying doom for the club, a definite permanent embargo, a points deduction, couldn't even buy non league players, it would take 10 years to recover from this mess & we would probably be better going back to league 1,  blah de blah de blah. Then the absolute classic that things were so bad we would be better setting up an FC Wednesday of Sheffield equivalent of the Manchester new start up. 

Certain clubs did get severe sanctions including points deductions. Did we? NO. Did we come through the total embargo threat YES we did. Did we attract the manager everyone had been screaming for YES we did. Was he allowed to spend on players YES he was. Was it DCs fault that Bruce acted like a fu***n snake?  In another couple of weeks that will probably be DCs fault as well!  Two weeks ago people were behind DC, congratulating him on his stewardship through these difficult times & then having to contend with the other local forces ranged against us (Sag, SYP, Sheffield Council).  Suddenly, because we have lost a couple, it is back to being a cluster F**k. (Don't Owlstalkers love these type pf terms).  

DC has given Bullen the chance he probably deserved. As a lot of people expected, he maybe isn't quite up to the job, but when he is replaced it is with the knowledge he was given a chance, which was the right thing to do. It is very easy to judge in hindsight, less easy to have to make decisions without the benefit of hindsight.

We currently have 10 teams sitting above us and 13 below us. Hardly Armageddon.

Yeah, yesterday wasn't great (aided & abetted by a totally out of his depth referee) but for keep it in perspective and for fu***s sake stop having a meltdown against DC every time something doesn't quite go to plan. Because unlike some of you lot, DC actually has to MAKE decisions without the benefit of the hindsight that opinions on here are usually based on. We will no doubt get a new manager & move on, having delayed the decision by a couple of weeks will not have any bearing on the overall finish to this season.

Stop the fu***n sniping, look at Bolton, look at Bury, look at Birmingham, look at what Leeds went through, plus numerous others and for once fu***n grow some, show some respect & stop being fannies every time we have a bit of a set back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I can safely say that with Lees playing today we would have drawn at least. Without him our defence was a completely new unit. With no time to prepare for Lees omission. Bullen already few options became even less. Qpr will beat teams that played better than we have today. 

Can anyone honestly say we have a group of in form players that are being told to play wrong tactics. No

We have a squad with talent that is not settled or comfortable with the position of themselves and others around them. 

Football fans are not patient people. We have waited a long time for a squad as good and deep as ours is now. 

We have to give the players with lb in charge more time. Particularly in a teams transition player and management learn more from defeat than victory. They will have learnt a lot about themselves and team mates today. How they all react to the defeat in the future is much more important in assessing lb and the teams ability to be a success. 

With so many players playing poorly and the poor officialdom and the result being a 1 2 loss against a decent team. The meltdown is definitely as premature as i would be with blond 21 year old 5 foot 8 tall 32 26 34 identical twin of my missus. 

The meltdown is just standard from our lot 

will be similar after most defeats 

2 hours ago, happy bunny said:

Not much mention here of the absolute sheeite decision to drop the club in the muck on the eve of the season by Bruce

It's obvious LB is out of his depth and at the same time it's also obvious that DC is willing to play the long game to make the right appointment

I'm as disappointed as anybody but only a couple of weeks ago we were top of the league

Fickleness is not unique to our fans but it does look shallow when just 6 games in and 1 point of the play-offs we are kicking lumps out of the club

It is mentioned, quite a lot 

but your very right what you say about reflection, you will find especially on this forum there’s  always a percentage waiting to put the boot in 

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Itchy said:

Disappointing, the early season form is beginning to fade and another slog of a session without hope seems to be upon us 

Like I said in a previous post, that's me done after this season.  I'm sick of watching sh**e.  Had a season tickets for donkey's years but we never go anywhere.

2 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

There’s also a fair few fans sat round corner thinking ...... god if we do get a new manager I really hope there’s something I can still stick boot in about 

14 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

After the first two games the jury was out on Bullen. I think most people probably knew he wouldn't be the man but thought it was only right that his 'caretaker' role was left open ended whilst he was doing the business. This also bought DC some time to look for potential permanent replacements. I reckon it was about  60/40 or so against & for Bullen. 

Some of these demanded he be replaced immediately & some demanded he be installed immediately. Either way it would have been a knee jerk reaction either way, forced on DC by Bruce's departure. If the 40% Pro Bullen lobby had got their way & DC had 'made a decision' they demanded, presuming they have now changed their minds, I assume we would be facing compensation claims if Bullen was either sacked or demoted back to coaching duties. I also wonder if a 'new manager' had been installed & lost the recent games we lost under Bullen what the 'reaction' on here would have been. "Shouldn't have got rid of Bullen" maybe. Hindsight.

Anyone remember the numerous other meltdowns on here concerning DC & his running of the club?

The triumphal bleatings of the money we were spending at the time. The chant aimed at United "you signed xxxx & xxxx we signed Rhodes & Winnall". I don't remember too many kicking up a storm against DCs spending policy at the time. Maybe i'm wrong & my memory is playing tricks. Maybe i'll trawl through the Owlstalk archives to pass an idle hour & see how many 'hindsight warriors' now describing DCs reign as a "Cluster f**k" were revelling in things at the time.

Only a short while ago, people were prophesying doom for the club, a definite permanent embargo, a points deduction, couldn't even buy non league players, it would take 10 years to recover from this mess & we would probably be better going back to league 1,  blah de blah de blah. Then the absolute classic that things were so bad we would be better setting up an FC Wednesday of Sheffield equivalent of the Manchester new start up. 

Certain clubs did get severe sanctions including points deductions. Did we? NO. Did we come through the total embargo threat YES we did. Did we attract the manager everyone had been screaming for YES we did. Was he allowed to spend on players YES he was. Was it DCs fault that Bruce acted like a fu***n snake?  In another couple of weeks that will probably be DCs fault as well!  Two weeks ago people were behind DC, congratulating him on his stewardship through these difficult times & then having to contend with the other local forces ranged against us (Sag, SYP, Sheffield Council).  Suddenly, because we have lost a couple, it is back to being a cluster F**k. (Don't Owlstalkers love these type pf terms).  

DC has given Bullen the chance he probably deserved. As a lot of people expected, he maybe isn't quite up to the job, but when he is replaced it is with the knowledge he was given a chance, which was the right thing to do. It is very easy to judge in hindsight, less easy to have to make decisions without the benefit of hindsight.

Yeah, yesterday wasn't great (aided & abetted by a totally out of his depth referee) but for keep it in perspective and for fu***s sake stop having a meltdown against DC every time something doesn't quite go to plan. Because unlike some of you lot, DC actually has to MAKE decisions without the benefit of the hindsight that opinions on here are usually based on. We will no doubt get a new manager & move on, having delayed the decision by a couple of weeks will not have any bearing on the overall finish to this season.

Stop the fu***n sniping, look at Bolton, look at Bury, look at Birmingham, look at what Leeds went through, plus numerous others and for once fu***n grow some, show some respect & stop being fannies every time we have a bit of a set back.

Best post I’ve seen on here in days,  just on people blaming D.C. for Bruce leaving though that’s already happened !  It was all down to ‘broken promises’ from D.C. if you believe some people 

18 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

That second half - what the f*ck was that?!? 

1-1 was the opportunity to bring Lee and or Luongo on, and we HAD to wait till we went behind to make a change when the game was swinging the other way before that 

And what happened after that fox substitution is unfortiveable Bully I’m afraid - utter madness throwing everyone into positions they don’t have a clue on - everyone was lost, no shape whatsoever.

No positives, crap tactics and a manager out of his depth 

Me & t’lad’s ticket wouldn’t scan on t’way in....knew it was a sign:bullen:

18 minutes ago, Mus said:

Like I said in a previous post, that's me done after this season.  I'm sick of watching sh**e.  Had a season tickets for donkey's years but we never go anywhere.

How on earth can you make this ridiculous statement at this point of the season. 

We have played six games, We have 10 teams above us & 13 below. 

This is a good start by our standards, & better than some starts where we made the playoffs. 

So let me get this right, if we set on a good manager who moulds the squad into one that can challenge and we come good & get promoted. The final game of this season prior to us going to the premier league would be your final game.

Why do I think you're talking sh*te & that you along with all the other doom & gloom merchants & hindsight warriors would be jumping around proclaiming to anyone know that will listen that you're Wednesday till you die. 

Maybe we could start a new song for the terminally disillusioned.  "Hark now hear the Wednesday sing, some Wednesday ran away".  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

How on earth can you make this ridiculous statement at this point of the season. 

We have played six games, We have 10 teams above us & 13 below. 

This is a good start by our standards, & better than some starts where we made the playoffs. 

So let me get this right, if we set on a good manager who moulds the squad into one that can challenge and we come good & get promoted. The final game of this season prior to us going to the premier league would be your final game.

Why do I think you're talking sh*te & that you along with all the other doom & gloom merchants & hindsight warriors would be jumping around proclaiming to anyone know that will listen that you're Wednesday till you die. 

Maybe we could start a new song for the terminally disillusioned.  "Hark now hear the Wednesday sing, some Wednesday ran away".  

You might say ridiculous mate, but I have had enough, can't see any future for this club at this present time.  If things improve I will carry on going if not maybe a break till things do improve, if that makes me a 'bad' fan I don't care.

56 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Best post on here for ages.

• Thanks 1