F*cking calamity

57 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The reason hutch is chasing shadows is becouse bannan and reach would struggle against a ladies under 16's team both physically and defencivly. 

Reach will never make a cm becouse he just can't handle the physical or mental battle in no man's land of cm. 

Bannan just doesn't have the strength or stature. 

Exactly the same as with joey last season. 

Kante would have been chasing shadows too outnumbered in the middle like that. 

Correct

1 hour ago, Daz said:

Sunday’s day off should be cancelled and the team should be forced to watch the video and explain why they played so deep, why they stood 10 yards off their players allowing them to play at will in our half, why we couldn’t string 2 passes together and why the forwards were left isolated and totally outnumbered.

And then I’d show the video again another couple of times. If we had to watch this then so can they.

Just play the video to Bullen and show him how easy it is to get overrun in midfield if you don’t set up a team properly, and how to waste attacking wide players by playing long balls down the middle, and ask him what Ferestieri’s and Reach’s roles are on the pitch because they didn’t seem to know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammo said:

Livid today. Unfortunately Bullen has to take the blame. We have learned that shoehorning players into a team doesn’t work in the past (Bannan, Forestieri).

When I saw the line-up I was concerned. 

This team started the season with great confidence and an identity. 4-3-3. What we saw today was abject and Bullen showed vast inexperience in not reacting soon enough. All confidence gone has now gone. 

When they went 3-5-2 I was absolutely astounded. What was going through Bullen’s head? 23,000 people knew that that was a ridiculous idea. 

Today was Bullen’s big test and he couldn’t have failed it more. Gutted. 

Bannan and Fessi weren't shoehorned into the team though .. they just haven't performed ...

14 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Just play the video to Bullen and show him how easy it is to get overrun in midfield if you don’t set up a team properly, and how to waste attacking wide players by playing long balls down the middle, and ask him what Ferestieri’s and Reach’s roles are on the pitch because they didn’t seem to know. 

Nando hasn't been a team player since that first season when he just wanted to prove a pont and play. he's been here long enough to know to realise Nando will do what he feels is best for him. 

I'd like to see him play wide left, but he wants to play down the middle, so will invariably go Central anyway. 

Reach is naturally a wide player and has no idea what he's doing in Central midfield, let alone have the stones for a battle in there with tackles flying about and people bulldozing him. 

So he either dissappears or starts to drift out wide leaving the middle more exposed. 

Add those two things together and the formation were supposed to be playing is shot straight away and turns into a shambles. 

Let face it you cant play bannan and reach in the same team let alone in midfield we are ok with the ball but look like 9 men without it so lightweight it's incredible. I think it's time to drop these 2 and try something different 

Cant be any worse can it

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Nando hasn't been a team player since that first season when he just wanted to prove a pont and play. he's been here long enough to know to realise Nando will do what he feels is best for him. 

I'd like to see him play wide left, but he wants to play down the middle, so will invariably go Central anyway. 

Reach is naturally a wide player and has no idea what he's doing in Central midfield, let alone have the stones for a battle in there with tackles flying about and people bulldozing him. 

So he either dissappears or starts to drift out wide leaving the middle more exposed. 

Add those two things together and the formation were supposed to be playing is shot straight away and turns into a shambles. 

Add to that Bannan who is too easily marked out of the game without the right players around him, so we’re left with very little in the middle - Preston, Millwall and QPR then have the run of the pitch and make us look ordinary. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Jesus, people have short memories. Were you around for DA's reign?

Just because DA’s reign was, well, divisive, it does not have any relevance to how we assess DC’s reign. 

Do you think DC has been successful? If so, please tell me how and why?

Never understand the hugely simplistic and binary way football fans debate things. It seems most fans think you can only have an opinion based at either extreme of a continuum, and when something is not agreed with they pull out another extreme to compare it to. 

Comparing DC and DA is just bizarre, unhelpful and irrelevant to what is happening at the club now. 

I believe DC has the best intentions, but good intentions without execution is worth nothing.

Overall, I think the club is in a worrying state and it’s going to take a lot of time to rebuild. The manager situation is just a minor symptom of larger underlying problems. I’m genuinely worried about the long term future for the club. 

But at least we’re not in the DA days, eh? 

Jesus...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

That second half - what the f*ck was that?!? 

1-1 was the opportunity to bring Lee and or Luongo on, and we HAD to wait till we went behind to make a change when the game was swinging the other way before that 

And what happened after that fox substitution is unfortiveable Bully I’m afraid - utter madness throwing everyone into positions they don’t have a clue on - everyone was lost, no shape whatsoever.

No positives, crap tactics and a manager out of his depth 

Totally agree. Already shown tactical naivety on several occasions this season, and we are only 6 games in. Sorry bully but you're just not the answer at the moment

Dare I say it...I also miss Hooper. 

9 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Totally agree. Already shown tactical naivety on several occasions this season, and we are only 6 games in. Sorry bully but you're just not the answer at the moment

Dare I say it...I also miss Hooper. 

well I dare say it with you royal box or no box lol 

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Never understand the hugely simplistic and binary way football fans debate things. It seems most fans think you can only have an opinion based at either extreme of a continuum

What, you mean like describing DC's reign as a "clusterf*ck"?

I think our chances of being promoted are greater than before Chansiri took over, so yes in that respect it has been relatively successful.

Also, why wouldn't you compare it with recent history? If we'd been qualifying for the champions league every year, then the current situation would be pretty bad. But the fact is that we were a million miles away from the premier league before DC, under DC we were 90 mins away

2 minutes ago, The Wall said:

What, you mean like describing DC's reign as a "clusterf*ck"?

I think our chances of being promoted are greater than before Chansiri took over, so yes in that respect it has been relatively successful.

Also, why wouldn't you compare it with recent history? If we'd been qualifying for the champions league every year, then the current situation would be pretty bad. But the fact is that we were a million miles away from the premier league before DC, under DC we were 90 mins away

I think it has been a cluster****. 

We have spent a small fortune over the last few years and the core of our team has not improved since the play-off final. 

We have had embargoes.

We have had multiple problems with our kits.

We made a mess out of our 150th anniversary.

We have an ageing squad on high wages.

We have no manager and our track record of appointing manager’s does not breed confidence. 

We have alienated many fans through an insane ticket pricing policy and made ill-judged decisions with our stance over the BBC radio agreement. 

The play-off season was amazing, but let’s be fair, we had a huge helping of luck. It’s not revisionist history to point out Brighton had a lot of injuries in the first leg and then could have been 3-0 up half an hour into the second leg. We were then thoroughly outclassed in the final and did not address the glaring issues that match highlighted. 

It’s not been all bad under Chansiri, but it’s hardly a raging success story either. Other clubs have achieved more with less in the short time DC has been our owner. 

• Thanks 2

We obviously need a manager ASAP but I feel chansiri has been waiting for the right man ( houghton) but he doesn’t seem interested so he’s going to have to change tack before the seasons over as far as promotion is concerned. Bullens being oblivious to our lack of a midfield in the first half is shocking and the fact he didn’t properly address it when we went behind tells you he’s no manager. I think rowett may be a good compromise if houghton isn’t coming 

It was a "calamity", and I hate to say that, but it's true, we saw it overseas on I-Follow..  Cause of the "calamity?"  

If I knew the cause,  I'd have a job at Wednesday.  From the outside, I'd say the cause was the abandonment of the ATTACK mode.  Yes, the Wednesday Squad  is aging, but even in age, they look so much better attacking, 

5 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Just because DA’s reign was, well, divisive, it does not have any relevance to how we assess DC’s reign. 

Do you think DC has been successful? If so, please tell me how and why?

Never understand the hugely simplistic and binary way football fans debate things. It seems most fans think you can only have an opinion based at either extreme of a continuum, and when something is not agreed with they pull out another extreme to compare it to. 

Comparing DC and DA is just bizarre, unhelpful and irrelevant to what is happening at the club now. 

I believe DC has the best intentions, but good intentions without execution is worth nothing.

Overall, I think the club is in a worrying state and it’s going to take a lot of time to rebuild. The manager situation is just a minor symptom of larger underlying problems. I’m genuinely worried about the long term future for the club. 

But at least we’re not in the DA days, eh? 

Jesus...

Success comes from repetition, security and confidence. The sum of the team is far greater than individuals. Simplistic is overlooked in football by 99.9%of supporters. Fact is successful teams are in a small minority. Fans expecting amazing wins every game are never going to be happy 

LB might or might not be able to become a successful manager. People expecting LB or anyone to step in at short notice and make players world beaters with the current financial constraints and short time since LB started need a massive reality check. 

How many posts on here are centered around we are in a false position as our place is higher than we deserve. Surely the attitude should be we done extremely well to get in this position. The team is able to play to a much higher standard when they have a chance to settle with the other players style and positioning. Bar a couple of individual errors and a terrible referee we could still be unbeaten and not played .1% any better than we have so far. 

Only certainties in football is every club has its supporters who expect everything to go their way instead of hoping so. 

So get a grip please people on meltdown. LBis going to be here until either of these things happen

1) things get a lot and i mean a lot worse. 

2) a manager with a cv of success with gaining promotion with out a full scale clear out and rethink comes knocking. The likely hood of number 2 is much less than number 1. That's nothing to do with LB ir DC. Its just football atm. 

We all want success but demanding it from unrealistic expectations is pathetic snd we only just into September. Incredible 

Unfortunately, DC’s decision to sit on his hands is slowly metastasising into a drama that’s capable of ruining this season before it’s really begun.

End this farce right now and make a proper appointment, be that Rowett or a more progressive appointment like Cowley.

12 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

It was a "calamity", and I hate to say that, but it's true, we saw it overseas on I-Follow..  Cause of the "calamity?"  

If I knew the cause,  I'd have a job at Wednesday.  From the outside, I'd say the cause was the abandonment of the ATTACK mode.  Yes, the Wednesday Squad  is aging, but even in age, they look so much better attacking, 

I have seen better standard and entertaining football on a ploughed field with 50 mph winds with a minus 5 wind chill factor on a sloped pitch on Limb lane. The amateur refereeing with no linesman is normally of a better standards than the qpr officials. Qpr also beat us at getting around them. When the standard of officiating is that low getting into the refs head is very important and an art. We was as poor at this as we were in our general play 

• Like 1