F*cking calamity

11 minutes ago, Mus said:

You might say ridiculous mate, but I have had enough, can't see any future for this club at this present time.  If things improve I will carry on going if not maybe a break till things do improve, if that makes me a 'bad' fan I don't care.

Posts like this crop up from time to time on a regular basis, depending on a number of factors, not always linked to reality.

Not saying it makes you a BAD fan, I just think it means you AREN'T really a fan.

Being a 'fan' is an unconditional commitment, not reliant on the fluctuations & form at any given time.

Obviously I exclude any reasons that are out of the control of the fan concerned, family, financial, geographical etc. 

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Posts like this crop up from time to time on a regular basis, depending on a number of factors, not always linked to reality.

Not saying it makes you a BAD fan, I just think it means you AREN'T really a fan.

Being a 'fan' is an unconditional commitment, not reliant on the fluctuations & form at any given time.

Obviously I exclude any reasons that are out of the control of the fan concerned, family, financial, geographical etc. 

Well I've been unconditional since 1966 so just shows you how bad it must be now for me to feel like this.  

18 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Bad result, bad performance, bad referee and generally a bad game for all our players. 

Lees injury, 2 first half bookings not deserved. Qpr Centre half should have been sent off or at least booked for the Fletcher elbow. Qpr had ref in their pockets. 

Got to feel bad for LB. Today was the last thing he needed to happen. I think he had a plan b but plan c d and e we just don't have enough options for today's situation. 

Some fans now in meltdown. All with the same comments that LB is to blame or DC. 

Not a popular opinion but they are the last people to blame. Every single player today bar kw played badly. and the officials were even worse. Qpr are a good side and took advantage of the refereeing better than we did. 

Pep gaurdiola would not have got us a win today with those circumstances. Some days its just not going to happen. 

Sorry but not sorry but blaming everyone but the players (who had zero run of the green and not for lack of trying ). Our players marginally performed better than the officials. 

Frustrated - yes. The easy target is LB. Hopefully thats our bad one out of the way for the season. We still unlucky not to get a point out of such a poor performance against a decent team. 

But QPR aren't a good side, mid table maybe, possibly lower. We should take them to pieces but we never got going. After our goal we should have been all over then and killed them off but we didn't. We lack the killer instinct and at the first sign of adversity our heads are as likely to drop as to knuckle down and fight. Where are the fighters, the grafters, the hard men.and the organisers. We are a team largely consisting of gentlemen with the emphasis on gentle.

Time to import a couple of nasty types.

If you were given the job as manager with the instruction that you had to win the league next season and you could bring in any player from this division to enable you to do it, which of our players would you keep. Westwood maybe, I'm struggling after that K Lee, maybe if he gets back to what he was. That's about it.

Look the whole approach to tactics in this game were wrong. You would choose Luton at home to play 4 4 2 if its an experiment as our players clearly don't suit it. 

QPR are like Preston but more technical. Big lad up front, creative ball carriers close by. This was a classic case of stick with the 1 up front and grind out another result. It's not pretty, it's not what we as Owls want but I bet your bottom dollar that we'd all be happier with a 1 nil poo win than a 2 1 loss. 

We lose 80pc of games where FF plays second striker and Bannan is off form.

Simple analysis. 

Bannan booked at HT, we're obviously getting overrun and simple answers are sub Bannan put Luongo on, move back to 433. Harris right, FF left, Reach Luongo as AMF and Hutch sitting. 

We don't lose the game. 

Dim. 

Just now, Mus said:

Well I've been unconditional since 1966 so just shows you how bad it must be now for me to feel like this.  

I'm not really getting it.

Yeah there's been a bit of disarray with Bruce leaving us in the lurch, but are things seriously that bad, honestly?

We have a Chairman that has shown serious intent to make things happen (yeah he's made a few dodgy decisions in hindsight, who hasn't?), but are things seriously so bad. 

As expected, Bullen has proved slightly lacking in tactical nous & will probably step down. We'll install a new manager then crack on again. That's how it works.

Everyone gets fed up with it now & again & sometimes the habit of going to matches is broken.

I have no issue with this, priorities change, but what I can't understand, (when this period could be seen a a golden period compared to some of the totally abysmal dross over recent years), is that it has to be used as a stick to beat the club (DC) with.

Maybe in these days of non stop social meeja, parading hurt feelings & disillusion is the way it's done, but did you feel this way 3 weeks ago, and if you did, maybe it's more to do with you rather than the club. Either way, if you're sick of it, fine, just stop going, but don't tell us about it.

I'm still relatively optimistic and don't want this non stop torrent of pessimism & negativity when it is largely unjustified.   

11 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

We all want success but demanding it from unrealistic expectations is pathetic snd we only just into September. Incredible 

We were promised a high pressing game, closing opponents down and playing with tempo with attacking intent.

We saw us trying to do that against Barnsley, but since that brief attempt, we have reverted to playing deep, standing 10 yards off opponents and allowing them to play balls and cut through us at will without a sniff of a challenge. This is exactly what caused us problems last season and here we go, doing it all over again. Our attacks are rare and we just don't sustain them as we seem happy to give opponents the initiative and bulk of possession.

I don't think it is too much to expect a manager to make sure that we do press in trying to win the ball back, and have players further up the field to pass to when we win it back, playing to win games. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Go away then and dont come back

No one wants you or cares you are a bottler.

I don’t know you mus but I feel your pain... people do want you and care about you... the boiling anger will subside and you’ll return for many seasons to come there will be sunny days filled with 4-0 wins and gloomy days when you will post murderous thoughts in the heat of the moment...

just let it wash over you and you’ll be free!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

I don’t know you mus but I feel your pain... people do want you and care about you... the boiling anger will subside and you’ll return for many seasons to come there will be sunny days filled with 4-0 wins and gloomy days when you will post murderous thoughts in the heat of the moment...

just let it wash over you and you’ll be free!

so return when things go well... 

21 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I’d love to know what was said in the dressing room at HT...

What was so annoying about the second half performance and the goals was their utter predictability.

Probably some fluffy crap about pride & passion with a few “c’mons” and claps. 

But you get what you pay for.

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

so return when things go well... 

I sense undertones of anger in this thread that is threatening to boil over into name calling and as such I will scan other threads for more light heartedness while my chakra is still in one piece 

10 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Look the whole approach to tactics in this game were wrong. You would choose Luton at home to play 4 4 2 if its an experiment as our players clearly don't suit it. 

QPR are like Preston but more technical. Big lad up front, creative ball carriers close by. This was a classic case of stick with the 1 up front and grind out another result. It's not pretty, it's not what we as Owls want but I bet your bottom dollar that we'd all be happier with a 1 nil poo win than a 2 1 loss. 

We lose 80pc of games where FF plays second striker and Bannan is off form.

Simple analysis. 

Bannan booked at HT, we're obviously getting overrun and simple answers are sub Bannan put Luongo on, move back to 433. Harris right, FF left, Reach Luongo as AMF and Hutch sitting. 

We don't lose the game. 

Dim. 

Exactly this. We all knew it - why did Bullen wait? It wasn’t working it was screaming for Luongo and a change of formation. When I saw the team I assumed that Forestieri would be on the left of a front three

On 31/08/2019 at 17:52, hirstys_achilles said:

Bad result, bad performance, bad referee and generally a bad game for all our players. 

Lees injury, 2 first half bookings not deserved. Qpr Centre half should have been sent off or at least booked for the Fletcher elbow. Qpr had ref in their pockets. 

Got to feel bad for LB. Today was the last thing he needed to happen. I think he had a plan b but plan c d and e we just don't have enough options for today's situation. 

Some fans now in meltdown. All with the same comments that LB is to blame or DC. 

Not a popular opinion but they are the last people to blame. Every single player today bar kw played badly. and the officials were even worse. Qpr are a good side and took advantage of the refereeing better than we did. 

Pep gaurdiola would not have got us a win today with those circumstances. Some days its just not going to happen. 

Sorry but not sorry but blaming everyone but the players (who had zero run of the green and not for lack of trying ). Our players marginally performed better than the officials. 

Frustrated - yes. The easy target is LB. Hopefully thats our bad one out of the way for the season. We still unlucky not to get a point out of such a poor performance against a decent team. 

Many fans think we have a team of good players. We don’t. Much depends on whether Harris and Murphy deliver. 

1 hour ago, sammo said:

Exactly this. We all knew it - why did Bullen wait? It wasn’t working it was screaming for Luongo and a change of formation. When I saw the team I assumed that Forestieri would be on the left of a front three

But it wasn’t just the system, it was some poor individual performances.