Jump to content
steelowl

Cowleys get them in

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Bullen at 7/1 looks like a missed opportunity to lump on...

I've backed him twice now, once at 12's and just now at 6's.

He prob will go odds on again in a day or two. Then another cashout decision

They just keep giving me money..fooookin nutters dem der bookies.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, striker said:

Dont think that's the issue, think it's more likely a managed exit so as not to disrupt the 2 games lincoln have this week. Hopefully more news after their game on Saturday 

 

There would literally be no point approaching/appointing him before Saturday as we have a free weekend. It would make sense for him to stay at Lincoln for the Wycombe game then discuss any possible move here afterwards. TBH as long as Bullen doesn’t get it, I don’t really care who else we get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...........How long until people re-open the Pulis threads trying to talk themselves into him?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure what people were expecting Cowley to say:

 

"Yeah, I have spoken to them and I can't believe the pay rise. I am just waiting for the paperwork so I can get out of here. I am just at the press conference for a laugh mate."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just listened to the full interview. The way he goes on about people and the media being so blatantly wrong. No chance he’s coming here. 

Think that was in the context of being a done deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Socialist_Owl said:

You actually believe this tug?  He may or may not come, but I surely wouldn't put stock into his itk Lincoln mate.

 

I think like most of us I haven't got a clue what's happening. I don't generally take the word of random strangers on the internet and mainly saw it as an opportunity to put a jaunty gif up, to hopefully raise the odd smile. Seemed better than just going for another wrist slasher post, we seem to have thread's of them!

 

Whoever will be in charge, I still can't wait to get the international break out the way and get back to normality.

 

 

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

It's pretty simple. If he's not interested, he would flat out deny it. Instead, he states that he hasn't spoken to us.

 

FFS, pay what's needed and get him in.

 

If he was to speak the truth, it could be interpreted badly by both Lincoln and Wednesday fans. So it’s best to say as little as possible and play dumb.

 

The truth is probably something like 

“I’m very happy at Lincoln City and now live in the area but of course like most people I’m ambitious to achieve as much as possible.

Unlike some people I’m not only motivated by money. I was interested in moving to Huddersfield Town, listened to them and decided it’s best to stay.

Of course Sheffield Wednesday are a big club and attractive proposition, so I would go to listen to what they have to offer too

but it would need to be something special to persuade me to leave Lincoln City. I believe the clubs are still in negotiations regards compensation but nothing has been agreed, so I’ve not had any talks with SWFC so far and remain committed to LCFC”

 

Some Wednesday fans might think “sod him, if he doesn’t seem that committed to coming here”

and some Lincoln fans might think “he’s admitted that he could leave the club, so he’s not exactly loyal like as all thought”.

Edited by sheffsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I've backed him twice now, once at 12's and just now at 6's.

He prob will go odds on again in a day or two. Then another cashout decision

They just keep giving me money..fooookin nutters dem der bookies.

lol

 

Interesting that he's 6/1 now, as that means he's been pushed out a little (was 5/1 overnight).  I would have expected the opposite as more people make the obvious play if the Cowley link turns out to be false.

 

Edit: Oh, I see why, Garry Monk's price coming in.  :duntmatter:

Edited by oz_owl
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Tony Pulis

 

I think I'll offer to paint the concourse during the game

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I've backed him twice now, once at 12's and just now at 6's.

He prob will go odds on again in a day or two. Then another cashout decision

They just keep giving me money..fooookin nutters dem der bookies.

lol

 

I got him at 12’s and 16’s. We are gonna be loaded mate! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

 

Interesting that he's 6/1 now, as that means he's been pushed out a little (was 5/1 overnight).  I would have expected the opposite as more people make the obvious play if the Cowley link turns out to be false.

 

Maybe sky know something? Ha ha do they fizz as like. Tw@ts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Tony Pulis

 

I think I'll offer to paint the concourse during the game

No, can you get the TVs working on the North stand concourse or ferry hot pies around the ground so everywhere has some. That would help more.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I've backed him twice now, once at 12's and just now at 6's.

He prob will go odds on again in a day or two. Then another cashout decision

They just keep giving me money..fooookin nutters dem der bookies.

lol

Which bookies with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tarn owl said:

No, can you get the TVs working on the North stand concourse or ferry hot pies around the ground so everywhere has some. That would help more.

Why would we need TV's on the concourse if Pulis is manager?

 

If they get the TV's working I'll offer to paint the turnstyles instead

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullen out to 7's now.  The Monk-train is inbound!

 

Edit: and now Bullen is 10/1 with Monk 7/1.  All aboard!

Edited by oz_owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Anus said:

 

I think like most of us I haven't got a clue what's happening. I don't generally take the word of random strangers on the internet and mainly saw it as an opportunity to put a jaunty gif up, to hopefully raise the odd smile. Seemed better than just going for another wrist slasher post, we seem to have thread's of them!

 

Whoever will be in charge, I still can't wait to get the international break out the way and get back to normality.

 

 

 

Well done sir, exactly, it's marvellous watching the Wednesday. The ups and the downs are all part of the fun. If you win every week you don't appreciate anything. Bring on Huddersfield.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Cowleys go to Huddersfield, and Hughton / Houghton (choose your own spelling) misses out on his dream job, would it be worth adding another tenner / bag of spuds onto his last offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Why would we need TV's on the concourse if Pulis is manager?

 

If they get the TV's working I'll offer to paint the turnstyles instead

I see a cunning plan emerging, DC buys the stadium, appoints Pulis and 20,000 fans pay for the privilege of doing DIY on the stadium on a Saturday afternoon. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Why would we need TV's on the concourse if Pulis is manager?

 

If they get the TV's working I'll offer to paint the turnstyles instead

No I want Soccer Saturday on not the match silly. Or Cash in the attic or whatever else is on tv between 3-5pm on a saturday??????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

When the Cowleys go to Huddersfield, and Hughton / Houghton (choose your own spelling) misses out on his dream job, would it be worth adding another tenner / bag of spuds onto his last offer?

I think we should just give it up as a bad job and ask Holloway if he's still wanting it

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...