Fox to Sunderland

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So Fox is good enough to take us up then ? 

Yep that's exactly what I said. 

Out of interest being as you stuck your beak in, who would you play from the under 16 squad to validate the point I was replying to?.

• Like 1

I would expect Fox to be a first team regular this season. Second best full back at the club after Palmer based upon the evidence of this season and, if people could get their heads out of their arses and admit it, was the same last season.

Given the way Odabajo has started, we certainly can't afford to lose Fox. I know they are on opposite sides but Palmer is clearly needed back at right back meaning Fox is our best option at left back.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Brain for sale, hardly used. 

Dont mind a bit of humility myself, but what drove you to this point, can I help?

On another note, can any one help, 

cheer up.

Edited by daleblue

This would've been a great opportunity (depending on the offer) to move a player on that sadly is probably never going to be quite at the standard we need.

But I can't really see this happening given the lack of cover.

Still, he's done fairly well these last few games - in fact, his form generally since January has been quite good; defensively, at least. Going forward isn't a strength although he is capable of putting decent deliveries in - he's certainly better than Palmer in that area.

Guest timrud

Best left back at the club and I think he will have a good season for us.

If anything we have too many right backs - we could afford to let Palmer go.

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Is flogging our only left back for peanuts and waiting until next summer for a replacement being "savvy" then?

Thought bullen said that Palmer was the first choice left back, ok he is injured as of today, but has a good overall injury record over 8 years+, so hopefully a temporary position. Not our only left back either, Moses ( I know based on Saturday), reach as well

There is a January transfer window, hence my comments about someone out of contract in the summer and who says that it is 'peanuts'

23 minutes ago, striker said:

Does leave us short of cover, but we've Palmer (first choice) and Odubajo who could do a job and a recall option on Penney in January. If there is a fee involved, would be worth considering. 

Like the job he did at right back on Saturday?

He's a talented player no doubt. I don't want to get on his back after having a mare but he's not found his feet with us yet. I'd rather let him settle at RB rather than put further demands on him.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Is he in last year of contract? 

Yeah, he is, and it's a valid point; his value will only depreciate between now and the end of the season - unless, of course, his form hits levels such that he'd be in greater demand.

No idea what Sunderland are offering, but if it's anything like what we paid for him, then I'd call it an attractive deal (at least financially, as it does leave us short in that position). 

Just now, prowl said:

Like the job he did at right back on Saturday?

He's a talented player no doubt. I don't want to get on his back after having a mare but he's not found his feet with us yet. I'd rather let him settle at RB rather than put further demands on him.

Didn't he play left back in pre season?

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Thought bullen said that Palmer was the first choice left back, ok he is injured as of today, but has a good overall injury record over 8 years+, so hopefully a temporary position. Not our only left back either, Moses ( I know based on Saturday), reach as well

There is a January transfer window, hence my comments about someone out of contract in the summer and who says that it is 'peanuts'

Sunderland don't spend big..they can't.

As for your first paragraph.. well it's not worth unpicking mate..

Wouldn’t blame him for wanting I go - see evidence in this thread of the kind of morons he has to deal with whilst giving his all. 

So that that would leave us with Palmer, Moses, Thorniley and Reach all covering (out of position). Not ideal really but Palmer appears to be first choice anyway with a strong fitness record and we have to consider FFP.

10 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Nobody , I just don’t get this love fest with Fox 

There's no love fest for Fox, but if we sell him it leaves us with Obubajo, Palmer, Thorniley (at a push), Baker and Thorniley to cover both left and right fullback until January 1st. Selling Fox right now would leave us incredibly weak at fullback for half the season