Fox to Sunderland

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

There's no love fest for Fox, but if we sell him it leaves us with Obubajo, Palmer, Thorniley (at a push), Baker and Thorniley to cover both left and right fullback until January 1st. Selling Fox right now would leave us incredibly weak at fullback for half the season

Aren't you going to join in the fun of moving half the team around to facilitate getting rid of a scapegoat for insignificant money? Come on...

10 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Nobody , I just don’t get this love fest with Fox 

I don't think there is a love fest  just defending him against unjust criticism.

He's a much better player than the one we all maligned 18 months  ago. Is he good enough to get us promoted? Probably not. But he is the best option we have at the moment so getting rid would be crazy.

2019 Fox looks much better than 2019 Odabajo and I'd argue he is more consistent than Iorfa. Thus Fox and Palmer remain our best options IMO.

Now questions can certainly be asked why we have ended up in another season with those two as our best options. But that is the situation we find ourselves in. In that situation, Fox is far from the biggest issue and thus should get support.

9 minutes ago, torres said:

I think it’s best for all parties he goes 

Palmer is currently our best left back - after that Fox, Odabajo and Thorniley are all much of a muchness 

Get through til Jan and then invest 

Id support that theory, been given a rough ride by the fans, dont blame him wanting to go. Bit of cash in and re invest in the transfer window. 

Edited by Maddogbob

giphy.gif

Screw it, let's sell Fox and stick Odubajo and Reach at fullback.

Westwood

Lees              Borner

Odubajo       Hutch             Reach

Lee             Bannan

Harris                                  Forestieri

Fletcher

All out attacking nonsense, win every game 5-4... ffs... lol 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

There's no love fest for Fox, but if we sell him it leaves us with Obubajo, Palmer, Thorniley (at a push), Baker and Thorniley to cover both left and right fullback until January 1st. Selling Fox right now would leave us incredibly weak at fullback for half the season

It will also force our hand and make a left back high priority, I’m sure we coped ok last season when Fox wasn’t playing and Penney  was out injured . If the lads not happy and wants to leave why keep him ?

Depends on the price. If it’s decent money we probably won’t get offered it again. Lad wants to go, fans aren’t keen. I think we could manage till January but it really is a position we need to strengthen. 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

It will also force our hand and make a left back high priority, I’m sure we coped ok last season when Fox wasn’t playing and Penney  was out injured . If the lads not happy and wants to leave why keep him ?

A high priority that we can't address for 4 months. 

A high priority that you have to wait 4 months to address is an oxymoron. 

6 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I don't think there is a love fest  just defending him against unjust criticism.

He's a much better player than the one we all maligned 18 months  ago. Is he good enough to get us promoted? Probably not. But he is the best option we have at the moment so getting rid would be crazy.

2019 Fox looks much better than 2019 Odabajo and I'd argue he is more consistent than Iorfa. Thus Fox and Palmer remain our best options IMO.

Now questions can certainly be asked why we have ended up in another season with those two as our best options. But that is the situation we find ourselves in. In that situation, Fox is far from the biggest issue and thus should get support.

Yes but the opening post says he wants to leave !! 

A high priority that we can't address for 4 months. 

A high priority that you have to wait 4 months to address is an oxymoron. 

That’s correct , I don’t want players picked who want to leave and who in my opinion just don’t  cut it . How on earth did we manage last season 

If they're offering a decent over the top wedge for him, say £1.5 - 2m, FFP dictates that we'd be mad to keep him. If Palmer is fit again soon,  remember that Fox wasn't even first choice left back anyway. He's a steady player who doesn't deserve some of the criticism he gets but being the only "recognised" left back at the club doesn't make him the best one.  But if Sunderland are offering next to nothing then we'd be better off keeping him. 

If we get a fee and can replace him with a free agent who is better or the same then we should do it. If we can get a fee and replace him in house then we should do it. If not I'm happy to continue with him. I don't rate him and I've seen him have some poor games but I'll fully support him. He seems to be improving now he doesn't have to be an attacking threat. Put a quick winger in front of him and let him defend.