Another night of safety. Thanks SAG!

23 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Whole situation has been implemented by SAG SYPD and SCC so it causes issues exiting onto penistone road, so they can then issue a further prohibition notice or whatever they call it to CLOSE the north stand 

Anyone who thinks anything other needs to give there heads a shake and wake up 

No I just think the aforementioned organizations are unfit for purpose

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Owt that gets them a big reduction in capacity and it will be like Xmas has come early in SYPD headquarters 

Maybe we should have turned up for the meeting....

Hopefully we have some seriously good legal minds all over this.

Guest gizowl

I go on the kop, my lad goes in the North, we never come out before the final whistle, I usually get back to the car 5mins max before him,last night I was waiting thinking where the fig is he, when he got back he got a round of f...s,he said getting out was a nightmare, this is what SAG,COUNCIL and SYP call making ground safer.   USELESS F...WITS.

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I go on the kop, my lad goes in the North, we never come out before the final whistle, I usually get back to the car 5mins max before him,last night I was waiting thinking where the fig is he, when he got back he got a round of f...s,he said getting out was a nightmare, this is what SAG,COUNCIL and SYP call making ground safer.   USELESS F...WITS.

And people like you complaining about it are playing right in to their hands.  They will be monitoring social media and using people moaning as a reason to cut capacity further.

Just now, sweetsheri said:

Maybe we should have turned up for the meeting....

Hopefully we have some seriously good legal minds all over this.

I’m not too sure what the clubs stance is on not attending ?  Without a doubt the club should have attended regardless of any frustrations etc

I suspect there’s a complete breakdown in relations between the club and SYPD, I have my own personal views on SYPD and ain’t gonna air them on here but I do suspect we arnt getting the full story 

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

And people like you complaining about it are playing right in to their hands.  They will be monitoring social media and using people moaning as a reason to cut capacity further.

What planet are you on,what if someone gets seriously injured, what I want to achieve is make these pen pushing lobbers realise what they've done is a backward step,think before you open your spout. 

I will write to Hugh Mothersole. What is happening is totally unacceptable. 

The complaints about the Sheffield Derby were all about the police failing to do their job properly. We end up with a report which concludes that the Leppings Lane concourse is not big enough. That was never the problem and the concourse is much bigger than most Premier and Championship clubs. 

Then we receive a prohibition order preventing customers entering and leaving the North Stand via Leppings Lane. That creates a safety problem which did not exist so the capacity is reduced to around the number of season tickets held. 

And now now we are blamed for the number of people coming out at Penistone Rd. 

Everyone is clearly terrified that any sort of incident will happen again. 

BUT

1 This is nothing to do with what happened in 1989 and two FA Cup semi finals, one League  Cup final replay, Euro 96 and 10 years of Premier League matches have been played there since. There is now seating all round and no fences to the pitch. 

2 This is nothing to do with any trouble at the 2019 Sheffield Derby 

3 If the Manchester report was applied to other clubs as at Hillsborough,it would unnecessarily change football in the UK and other events for ever. 

4 In 59 years of sitting in the North during which the capacity for most of the time was 10,000,  there has NEVER been an “egress” problem. 

5 It’s a fact of football life that, however you organise things, fans will need to pass each other just as we did with Barnsley fans on Vere Rd. The police have the job of controlling trouble makers outside the ground while keeping others safe. 

Edited by Andrew Robinson
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Oliver Cromwell said:

Going in, I crossed Penistone Rd and was walking down the coned off lane towards the turnstiles and was asked by one of these clowns to get onto the pavement. What is right do these people have over the general public going about their normal business? Give them a high vis jacket and they go power mad.

If SYP want to increase safety, they should stop people waiting in their cars to pick people up on Herries rd after the match, forcing those walking up the hill in to the traffic.

They have no power to make you do anything when you are off SWFC premises As they have no power to stop you walking along the side streets to Leppings lane before the match 

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

image.thumb.png.4b4cbcc9575434454fbbecb73c4fdd19.png

I am so angry at this statement. The problems are a direct result of the councils prohibition notice.  The club is quite capable of the administration of a Tuesday night game v Luton Town without this ridiculous interference. The vast majority of fans are responsible adults who can enter and exit a football ground safely without advice and interference from a council who have failed Sheffield for decades. 

The club should announce a temporary ban on away fans citing this safety issue 

Get others to notice outside the city and the EFL as well. 

The point is what happens at Hillsborough could be applied to other grounds - indeed one has to question why others are not being targeted with similar requests

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I park on the bottom of Herries Rd near the steel stockholders, i never leave early last night being no exception and getting out was no harder than it normally is.

I was back home in Rawmarsh at about 20 past 10 same as usual 

From which stand?......if you are in the North Stand then that statement is completely false....massively so

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I park on the bottom of Herries Rd near the steel stockholders, i never leave early last night being no exception and getting out was no harder than it normally is.

I was back home in Rawmarsh at about 20 past 10 same as usual 

Which part of the ground do you sit Mick?

47 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Whole situation has been implemented by SAG SYPD and SCC so it causes issues exiting onto penistone road, so they can then issue a further prohibition notice or whatever they call it to CLOSE the north stand 

Anyone who thinks anything other needs to give there heads a shake and wake up 

That is EXACTLY their intention. Its no coincidence that they have done this just as one of their own (Duckenfield ) is about to stand trial again charged with the deaths of 95 football fans. SYP is a currupt , bent organisation who are trying to deflect the blame for their own sheer invompitence .

Would have thought matches like Luton, especially on a Tuesday night, would have been very easy to manage for authorities without the need for special prohibitions. Same goes for a good number of other matches.

Given location of the Bramall Lane turn styles and the increased crowds, I find it hard understand how crowd control there is apparently easier.

• Thanks 1