Another night of safety. Thanks SAG!

2 hours ago, full fathom five said:

The clowns in hi vis coats were making the situation worse by standing in between the cones and blocking everyone's movement.

Those people in high vis coats are private citizens in a public place and have absolutely no right to block another private citizens movement.  Except for common courtesy which we should all extend to our fellow citizens, you do not have to talk to them, listen to them, move for them or take any notice whatsoever of them.

I exited the north stand as advised, on to a very crowded Penistone road with half the north bound carriageway coned off to allow traffic through whilst the other half supposedly used for pedestrians. However cars and buses were trying to force there way through, as people attempted to cross the road to get out of the crowd and over to the car park. / pavement on the south bound carriageway.

There were also a number of buses and cars parked within the part of the carriageway which was supposedly for pedestrians which therefore acted as a barrier and forced people over on to the carriageway in front of moving traffic.

If the current situation prevails it is only a matter of time before there is a serious accident. Risk is calculated as likely hood of an accident and likely consequences we now have lots more people crossing and walking along a busy road.

Well done SYP and SAG you have increased the level of risk for the majority of us for the sake of a poorly policed one off incident last season.

Just now, Ian said:

From which stand?......if you are in the North Stand then that statement is completely false....massively so

The North Stand and F you calling me a liar 

I walked out and crossed Penistone Rd Immediately walked to the copse of trees cut thru into the car a kindly soul let me into the queue immediately ( ta whoever you were ) proceeded down Herries Rd turned right up Penistone Rd turned right onto Chaucer Rd and away no problem 

I said about 20 past 10 because i looked at the time when i hit Greasborough and it was 10-15 pm and its about 5 mins to my house from there may have been 25 past if that "massively and completely false" then i apologise 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gizowl said:

What planet are you on,what if someone gets seriously injured, what I want to achieve is make these pen pushing lobbers realise what they've done is a backward step,think before you open your spout. 

He’s on a planet where he’s wise to the ways of SYPD, what sham suggested to you is exactly what’s happening 

you have a genuine complaint, unfortunately it will be used against the club and not the people you intend it for 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

The North Stand and F you calling me a liar 

I walked out and crossed Penistone Rd Immediately walked to the copse of trees cut thru into the car a kindly soul let me into the queue immediately ( ta whoever you were ) proceeded down Herries Rd turned right up Penistone Rd turned right onto Chaucer Rd and away no problem 

I said about 20 past 10 because i looked at the time when i hit Greasborough and it was 10-15 pm and its about 5 mins to my house from there may have been 25 past if that "massively and completely false" then i apologise 

You can say F you all you like but if you are claiming that last night was no more difficult exiting the North Stand than normal when exiting via the Leppings land end is allowed theta that a lair is exactly what you are.

I’ll let others on here who were present judge what you saying 

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not the North obviously 

Row 8 North Stand 

That pic is the upper Concourse we exit on Gangway N ( i think ) next to the Kiosks the Lower Concourse didn't seem much busier than usual though the exit gate was a bit congested which is why we crossed over immediately rather than walk up the ground side as we normally do 

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Those people in high vis coats are private citizens in a public place and have absolutely no right to block another private citizens movement.  Except for common courtesy which we should all extend to our fellow citizens, you do not have to talk to them, listen to them, move for them or take any notice whatsoever of them.

Revolting against them will also result in SYPD blaming the club even more for supposed lack of crowd management, the things there been asked to ‘enforce’ are completely ridiculous borderline dangerous and all designed to try and comply with SAG’s prohibition notice 

1 minute ago, Ian said:

You can say F you all you like but if you are claiming that last night was no more difficult exiting the North Stand than normal when exiting via the Leppings land end is allowed theta that a lair is exactly what you are.

Explain what i gain by lying ?

You are absurd 

Maybe a meeting is the best for all concerned. If wednesday need to do something to improve the perceived

danger of the lep exit from the north then they'll have to do it. Otherwise they will shut the north. No doubt about it.

I suggest putting the away fans somewhere else. Then there isn't a problem

They are using complaints against their "system" as a stick to beat the club with....

We have to be careful how we express these complaints...

For instance...

Don't simply write in and complain about the situation...

You have to woord it as ...for instance..

"Can someone explain to me the reason I have had more trouble leaving the ground this past fortnight than I have experienced before"

Why couldn't the Luton fans be held back last night so that our fans could exit as normal? 

Didn't that report state our away concourse was only big enough to hold around 500 fans, how many Luton fans were there last night? 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

He's saying it was no different for HIM, That doesn't make him a liar or suggest it was just as normal for everyone else.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Maybe a meeting is the best for all concerned. If wednesday need to do something to improve the perceived

danger of the lep exit from the north then they'll have to do it. Otherwise they will shut the north. No doubt about it.

I suggest putting the away fans somewhere else. Then there isn't a problem

And it’s a great suggestion, fear they will find an issue with wherever they are , it’s clear as day that SYPD want a sizeable capacity reduction 

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

They are using complaints against their "system" as a stick to beat the club with....

We have to be careful how we express these complaints...

For instance...

Don't simply write in and complain about the situation...

You have to woord it as ...for instance..

"Can someone explain to me the reason I have had more trouble leaving the ground this past fortnight than I have experienced before"

I've just e mailed Mr Dover Sole...

Told him I burnt my index finger on a red hot sausage roll..

lol

• Haha 3

SY plod have wanted us out of Hillsbro since the disaster . I give it two more home games before the north is closed totally. These feckwits , along with the equally incompitent council are trying to use every elf and safety excuse in the book to close the stadium and force us to relocate to a new site away from Hillsboro.

Edited by S36 OWL

It's incompetent to reduce the number of exits and increase pressure elsewhere that in itself is potentially dangerous.

Understand the need for additional measures / alternative arrangements for a full away end but for anything less than 1000  to1500 away fans the long standing and historic arrangements are adequate IMO and have been for decades.

There is enough statutory guidance and regulatory requirements providing clarity for both new and existing stadiums as it is.

To accept, what is essentially, an isolated observation as a statement of regular occurrence, grossly misrepresents and distorts the facts and acting on it could be considered negligence.

It will be interesting if the court consider the author of this 'report' sufficiently qualified and experienced to act as and be a credible expert witness...

Edited by Flat Owl
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Explain what i gain by lying ?

You are absurd 

I'm sure you're not lying, but equally many thousands of others will have been delayed and placed in more danger than usual when exiting the ground due to SAG/SYP stupidity.

If the worse happened and someone got run over and killed on Penistone Road I'm sure SAG/SYP would be very quick to blame SWFC rather than accept the blame themselves, even though everyone knows it is becoming a problem caused by their own draconian rules to "cure" something else which may occur twice a season.