Another night of safety. Thanks SAG!

3 hours ago, southportdc said:

Saw quite a few people tweeting about problems on Penistone Road with the additional crowds.

I think the intention is the SAG see that and decide to reverse their decision since it's made the situation worse.

This is misguided.

The SAG will see those tweets and cut capacity further to account for it. 

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

image.thumb.png.4b4cbcc9575434454fbbecb73c4fdd19.png

:dry:

At least they're consistent

Just now, Road Runner said:

The SAG are causing this not the club.

If i was the club I would be requesting that Penistone Road is shut one hour before kick off and one hour after to safeguard fans leaving the stadium and averting an accident waiting to happen, if they won’t comply they are not interested in supporter safety.

First it was the West stand, now it’s the North stand.

Next year it will be the South stand and last but not least the Kop. 

Kop might be sooner than you think, last night when I went to toilet at half time via passage under bit where Tango stands there was a smartly dressed woman that was talking to someone on phone using what looked like hands free drivers use and I'm sure she was on about crowded concourse near toilets where people stand having a fag. 

24 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

https://www.southyorks.police.uk/media/4337/crowd-risk-analysis-hillsborough-stadium-south-yorks-police.pdf

The report indicates in figure 17 and comments on page 16 that the following number of away fans as highlighted below entering the egress are fine when our home turnstiles at that end are in use:

As can be seen the total area available is approximately 765m2 resulting in crowd figures at the various densities as follows. 1 person per metre2 765 persons 2 persons per metre2 1530 persons 3 persons per metre2 2295 persons 4 persons per metres2 3060 person 

The report states this becomes a risk with 2,295 away fans and is a potential dangerous issue above 3,060 away fans.

Having been at the match yesterday I know Luton did not have in excess of what this report deems safe numbers for the egress to operate with the Leppings Lane home turnstiles in use.

However, SYP and SAG have used this report to inflict a blanket ban on the use of this area by home fans, thus causing more problems than was previously the case.

Exactly right Hirsty and potentially put the public at risk unnecessarily...

Edited by Flat Owl

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

And it’s a great suggestion, fear they will find an issue with wherever they are , it’s clear as day that SYPD want a sizeable capacity reduction 

Who is responsible for Crowd safety at the club? Whoever it is should be all over this. Maybe they are? Silence is golden and all that but i doubt it.

At the end of the day SWFC are responsible for providing a ground that is safe for supporters, however perverse the criteria set by SAG or whoever.

We should be proactively banging on the door saying what do we need to do. Let's hear it...

For me 2 simple solutions.

1) Keep away fans behind for 15 minutes.

2) House the away fans somewhere else. Every ground you see on TV there isn't a separate stand for away fans. 

Look at Villa. When we went last year i was sat with a steward next to me and a villa fan next to him. Banter yes but nothing violent.

At the end we exited the same stand as villa fans and just walked back to the car. It's so easy it's untrue. Why are we so very different.

Been reading through some of that document pdf that was posted earlier.

The bloke is suggesting because of the mixing of fans and increased flow in between the North Stand and the West stand, he recommends increasing the flow of traffic to the East side, which could in theory create more problems.  No logic in it whatsoever.  Suggesting to reduce one side only to increase the flow on the other.  Makes no sense to me.  

A simple solution would be to just hold the away fans back in the stadium for 30 mins or more if they are naughty boys, and let the Wednesday fans exit the North via both ends.  

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Don’t think you are too far away here.

Wait until they start pulling the safety certificates away, I imagine it’s not too far down the road. 

All the authorities have hated Hillsborough since the disaster, it would be great for them to get rid of it once and for all.

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

Been reading through some of that document pdf that was posted earlier.

The bloke is suggesting because of the mixing of fans and increased flow in between the North Stand and the West stand, he recommends increasing the flow of traffic to the East side, which could in theory create more problems.  No logic in it whatsoever.  Suggesting to reduce one side only to increase the flow on the other.  Makes no sense to me.  

A simple solution would be to just hold the away fans back in the stadium for 30 mins or more if they are naughty boys, and let the Wednesday fans exit the North via both ends.  

Yes you are right, its that simple, its what's been going on for years, I see a hidden agenda here.

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I think we all know why that is 

Because of something that happened 30 years ago? And we've had 30 years of safe events ever since?

Big sell out crowds, derbies, euro championships, why 30 years on is it a problem to SYP?

Implement a reduction of away fans to the required level to allow the stadium to function safely

Withhold the away fans, ask for a recommendation on the allotted time and carry out the instructions

Relocate the fans in the North stand who have constantly created problems with away fans

Build a case to challenge the findings of the report and the agenda of SAG and SYP

Edited by happy bunny

21 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Who is responsible for Crowd safety at the club? Whoever it is should be all over this. Maybe they are? Silence is golden and all that but i doubt it.

At the end of the day SWFC are responsible for providing a ground that is safe for supporters, however perverse the criteria set by SAG or whoever.

We should be proactively banging on the door saying what do we need to do. Let's hear it...

For me 2 simple solutions.

1) Keep away fans behind for 15 minutes.

2) House the away fans somewhere else. Every ground you see on TV there isn't a separate stand for away fans. 

Look at Villa. When we went last year i was sat with a steward next to me and a villa fan next to him. Banter yes but nothing violent.

At the end we exited the same stand as villa fans and just walked back to the car. It's so easy it's untrue. Why are we so very different.

Starting with tonights game Leeds are putting away fans in upper part of South East corner where away fans use to sit/stand many years ago.

Leeds fans will continue to be able to sit in front section. 

Something doesnt add up to me. I've been entering and exiting the lep end of the north for 30 years and never had an issue.

I can't understand why it is suddenly an issue now especially the timing before the 1st home game. I have been to many other away grounds and it's similar or worse in some cases but I dont see other teams being punished like we are.

I would love to know if there is more to the reason these measures have been put in place and what is really going on.

3 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

image.thumb.png.4b4cbcc9575434454fbbecb73c4fdd19.png

Which is exactly what they have planned all along.

It is the same situation when you are at work.

They feed a bit into to you, then they have meetings to see "how things are going" & "is everything okay" & "tell me about the problems and we will help you" bowlax.

Done up like a kipper, from the scummy council and police farce.

1 hour ago, OWL1969 said:

I know you've posted to this with the best intentions to highlight the problem which has been caused of SAG's own doing, but please delete it, before it falls into the wrong hands, certain factions would be only to happy to use this against us. (By us I mean Swfc).

Stop talking nonsense

Owlstalk Shop

Although SY plod and SAG will try to blame the club when the inevitable accident hapoens on Penistone Rd , the blood will be on their hands. Quite regular Bramall lane is closed before and after a game to traffic to allow fans to enter and leave the stadium. Surely the same policy should be applied to Penistone Rd .

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Those people in high vis coats are private citizens in a public place and have absolutely no right to block another private citizens movement.  Except for common courtesy which we should all extend to our fellow citizens, you do not have to talk to them, listen to them, move for them or take any notice whatsoever of them.

Don't worry nobody was taking any notice of them, they were just hindering both people and traffic.