Another night of safety. Thanks SAG!

I’ll have a look at it again, but I’m not going to reproduce they reply as there was a few more paragraphs contained in the reply, and it was a personnel communication.  

Im just playing around with my reply to their reply.  But it’s along the lines of as whilst respecting they can’t comment due to appeal, and whilst respecting that the club have responsibilities, so do SAG.  THEY ARE NOT ALL POWER NO RESPONSIBILITY. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I’ll have a look at it again, but I’m not going to reproduce they reply as there was a few more paragraphs contained in the reply, and it was a personnel communication.  

Im just playing around with my reply to their reply.  But it’s along the lines of as whilst respecting they can’t comment due to appeal, and whilst respecting that the club have responsibilities, so do SAG.  THEY ARE NOT ALL POWER NO RESPONSIBILITY. 

I would try to work in mentioning how the bloke wasn't afraid to make a very public and condeming comment on baseless ground just a few days ago.

I might have had a few units, but even someone completely inebriated can see the hypocrisy in all this.

Just back from Headingley for day 2 of the Ashes test and the crowd control folks at S6 would have had a dicky fit...

As usual, the rough boys from the estate were enjoying themselves on the Western Terrace and the odd inflatable was being thrown about much to the amusement of the crowd.

Enter Jobsworth #1 who seized the opportunity (and the inflatable giant melon) and proceeded to walk off with it.

Joffre Archer (one of the better England cricket players) saw this from afar and literally ran half the width of the cricket pitch to confront the Jobsworth, take the inflatable and return it to the crowd to hoots of laughter, derision and joy.

The crazy thing is that nobody got hurt and nobody died. People actually smiled and laughed and joined in with the fun.

Only when the Jobsworth's intervention exposes the draconian intentions that people cannot be allowed to enjoy themselves, and therefore behave reasonably and safely to one another (as seems the norm at the concourse) does the mentality of the public change.

When unreasonable, politically motivated and concocted "dangers" are made up out of thin air, public dismay, puzzlement and anger start resenting so-called authority.

Jack Charlton nailed this on the head many years ago after the dreaded Oldham game "riot" when he said "You put people in cages, they will behave like animals".

Do they not teach this at university?

30 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Seems 10 councilors can run the show.........

Have the councilors you voted for, actually have a voice?

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sheffield-peoples-petition/

Cabinet governance dear boy 

When it was initially allowed for councils ( i think by Thatcher but don't quote me ) the Labour Councils in both Sheffield and Rotherham were among the earliest to adopt it 

The only thing worse than SYP'S arse - covering report was the club's failure to attend July's important safety meeting about one of  the most sensitive issue in football, Leppings Lane. Shocking.

Also, why didn't authors visit Blades for comparison as fans exiting on to Bramall Lane is way less spacious and more dangerous than from West Stand. 

44 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

The only thing worse than SYP'S arse - covering report was the club's failure to attend July's important safety meeting about one of  the most sensitive issue in football, Leppings Lane. Shocking.

Also, why didn't authors visit Blades for comparison as fans exiting on to Bramall Lane is way less spacious and more dangerous than from West Stand. 

I was talking a pig mate of mine yesterday , and was on about the total lack of segregation on Bramall lane after a game.He said it was the usual on Saturday when he came out of his exit gate right next to the exit the Leicester fans came out of because the away fans basically came out and just hung around in the road and thousands of blades mingled in with them.  He said not having to worry about traffic is a bonus because the road is always closed . 

He said how can the same police force have two completly different sets of rules for clubs in the same city.He slso made the point that whenever he has been in away end at Hillsbro there is less crowding outside the stand than there is after a game at the lane.

Edited by S36 OWL

On 24/08/2019 at 11:34, OhForAnotherShez said:

Seems 10 councilors can run the show.........

Have the councilors you voted for, actually have a voice?

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sheffield-peoples-petition/

According to today's Star the vote got 26,000 signatures so by law the council have to hold a referendum but Julie Core is still trying to negotiate her way out a referendum. Sooner she goes the better for Sheffield overall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I was talking a pig mate of mine yesterday , and was on about the total lack of segregation on Bramall lane after a game.He said it was the usual on Saturday when he came out of his exit gate right next to the exit the Leicester fans came out of because the away fans basically came out and just hung around in the road and thousands of blades mingled in with them.  He said not having to worry about traffic is a bonus because the road is always closed . 

He said how can the same police force have two completly different sets of rules for clubs in the same city.He slso made the point that whenever he has been in away end at Hillsbro there is less crowding outside the stand than there is after a game at the lane.

Gotta say, that's been my experience, especially since we and other away fans only get bottom tier nowadays.

And there's loads of similar examples, Chelsea for one.

Club should have attended July meeting and put these valid arguments.

Don't forget we still don't know why the club didn't attend the first meeting. Was it cos we don't care or couldn't be bothered? Or was it cos it was scheduled for a time when our relevant attendees were away on holiday or unavailable? Did we know about it? 

Having seen the way sag etc have conducted themselves since, statements to press while going through the courts, one sided arguments being put up as facts, an inquiry that has been shown up for not being fully fair even by us on here, never mind an actual lawyer. 

Until I know why we didn't attend I'll hold off from castigating the club and doing sags dirty work for em. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am I right in saying that those in the north stand today will be able to turn left out of Hillsborough and walk up Vere Road (1st left) to get back up towards Middlewood road? 

Im aware there might be stewards advising you not to, but basically......that’s an option? 

1 hour ago, mancowl08 said:

Am I right in saying that those in the north stand today will be able to turn left out of Hillsborough and walk up Vere Road (1st left) to get back up towards Middlewood road? 

Im aware there might be stewards advising you not to, but basically......that’s an option? 

they cant stop you just go that way if needed . the only problem is that its the same security company what does Rotherham games and the way they mishandled tango and his missus be prepared to be put in a headlock to stop you. some are keen some aint its quite funny watching them as its a complete farce . maybe if thousands of us obstructed the town hall and stopped the bent bast*rds making these crazy decisions we might get out city back. very sad the way things are and have gone.