3 games in and already struggling.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

And that’s exactly where we are. Bullen is here almost by default. Great guy, not a manager in my opinion, but let’s behind the bloke. 

That might be it. 

It's too early to tell whether he's up to it or not. Seemingly, Chansiri is giving him his chance right now. 

Fingers crossed he's good enough to take it. Think most of us have our doubts, but we will see...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Didn't realise you'd changed your name and reduced yourself to this. 

I'm not angry; I'm just very disappointed. 

Refuced myself to what? I think people are misunderstanding my title of this thread, I didn’t mean the team was struggling I meant Bullen. 

Is it so controversial to say I dint think Bullen should be given the job and we need to appoint a manager.

Just now, ... said:

Refuced myself to what? I think people are misunderstanding my title of this thread, I didn’t mean the team was struggling I meant Bullen. 

Is it so controversial to say I dint think Bullen should be given the job and we need to appoint a manager.

Oh and I told everyone my old username ad people thought I was some kind of demon

1 hour ago, ... said:

For me we shouldn’t have lost any of the first 4. 

I dont think we would have under Bruce or an establish manager. The decisions Bullen made Saturday cost us 3 points so if we finish 3 points short of playoffs at least you know where it happened. 

You could say that for any game throughout the course of a season

coulda woulda shoulda

que sara sara n all that 

he’s doing a decent job to say where we were 4 weeks ago, cut him some slack man!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

One thing I've noticed alot of teams do this year, is start their weakest players first. 

Give them a chance, they know whats behind them. 

Your season can only go from strength to strength with better players behind them.

I'm not a fan of chucking players in straight away. They haven't earned the shirt. 

Our formation also looked a right mess at the end of the Millwall game, Hutch at RB?

My main WTF concerned the first substitution. Too early. Should’ve seen how Millwall were approaching the 2nd half with ten men before deciding on a tactical substitution.

Inexperience as a manager was to blame. It’s great to have a manager eager to make positive substitutions but they have to be the right substitutions made at the right time.

23 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

My main WTF concerned the first substitution. Too early. Should’ve seen how Millwall were approaching the 2nd half with ten men before deciding on a tactical substitution.

Inexperience as a manager was to blame. It’s great to have a manager eager to make positive substitutions but they have to be the right substitutions made at the right time.

Yeah true, hopefully he makes the right decisions more often than the wrong ones

To my mind, Bullen didn't lose against Milwall, the Players did , they were better than Milwall, whom got lucky.  Anyway...

SWFC is looking better, really, across the last 5 years, than they've looked during the past 20 years.  The Club has a dedicated Owner, the Players seem more coherent,  like the new attack-scheme, like Bullen, and it shows.  Wednesday looked good in the pre-season, and look good so far.

Bruce jumped ship, yes, but I'm glad he did it during the pre-season, rather than say, round about December.  Good riddance, he is a mercenary.

Struggling?  Wednesday has been struggling for decades now, but for the last 5 years, the struggle is yielding better results.

21 hours ago, ... said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-consider-bringing-in-new-coach-to-help-out-caretaker-manager-lee-bullen-490873

Just appoint a new manager for gods sake Chansiri and stop playing at it. you could bring in 5 experienced coaches but if Bullen isn't up to it its not going to change anything. 

Seriously getting very concerned about the approach the club is taking, if this all back fires what then appoint someone in Jan when its too late. 

Why will it be too late?.

Is the world going to end?.

21 hours ago, ... said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-consider-bringing-in-new-coach-to-help-out-caretaker-manager-lee-bullen-490873

Just appoint a new manager for gods sake Chansiri and stop playing at it. you could bring in 5 experienced coaches but if Bullen isn't up to it its not going to change anything. 

Seriously getting very concerned about the approach the club is taking, if this all back fires what then appoint someone in Jan when its too late. 

6 points from 3 games, dunt look like a crisis to me.

I said in the summer break, when Bruce was here, that if we finished 6th I would be happy.

Still feel the same.

14 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Problem with that is that those games are against Reading, Barnsley, Millwall, Luton, Preston and QPR so not the stiffest of tests in truth. If they give it him after that and we hit the skids against Huddersfield, Fulham and Boro when tested probably more than so far we could be in a fix. I'm warming to Bullen but would still prefer a more experienced manager in place.

Every game in the championship is hard and you can lose ANY of them, Look what Reading did to Cardiff? Cardiff will be in the playoffs at a minimum, Barnsley Beat Fulham, again playoffs at a minimum.

I understand what your saying i just don't think it matters who the results were against.

• Like 1