Millwall - V - Wednesday OMDT

To be honest we could still be playing now and would not score.

They defended very well, however we were not good enough to break down 10 men for over 45 mins. Good teams find a way to do this, we’re not there yet i’m afraid.

Stating the obvious but we are still lacking that bit of quality to make a difference. Two real shites but watching Fulham last night Mitrovic and Knockaert are quality in this league, hope we can attract some quality in January.

1 minute ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

To be honest we could still be playing now and would not score.

They defended very well, however we were not good enough to break down 10 men for over 45 mins. Good teams find a way to do this, we’re not there yet i’m afraid.

Stating the obvious but we are still lacking that bit of quality to make a difference. Two real shites but watching Fulham last night Mitrovic and Knockaert are quality in this league, hope we can attract some quality in January.

We lacked something in that second half, perhaps not urgency but certainly intensity, to get past a packed defence like Millwall's today you need to move the ball around much quicker to force them out of shape.

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Don’t think Bullen can be ruled out of being permanent manager just based on this game however that has gone him no favours at all. Failing to get something against 10 men Millwall for more than 45 minutes is very poor. 

I'm not sure what more he could have done. He certainly didn't hold back, we were basically playing 4-2-4 for the last 30 minutes but it's not his fault that all our strikers basically do the same job and so Millwall's back four knew what to expect.

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Well... that's pretty much what we did. But Cooper and Pearce lapped up all the balls into their box, they had the beating of us all game physically.

Apparently according to Andy on P or G that side was defensive ?

Should have had FF and Winnall in 

Guest Bulgaria

Millwall defended well but I thought we were wee wee poor today. I lost count of the stupid pointless fouls we gave away in the last 15 minutes.

We play no through balls. So frustrating.

Murphy looked very light weight and maybe but unfit, shadow of himself today. I think that was only error today, put Reach there and Luongo/Bannan in middle and far more combative away from home. 

Iorfa never make a center back getting shoved about like he did. Brought in for his height and eased out of the way with ease by Smith for the goal. The lad needs toughening up. 

We’ll likely play worse and win, but can’t help feeling points squandered today. 

Just now, Bulgaria said:

Millwall defended well but I thought we were wee wee poor today. I lost count of the stupid pointless fouls we gave away in the last 15 minutes.

We play no through balls. So frustrating.

Or had given against us 

There were so many that weren't fouls imo 

Palmer for example booked for winning the ball no "foul"

Did seem a strange tactic putting on a very tame Rhodes against their back two, when you’ve got Nuhiu sat on the bench.

Westwood always seems to start the season poorly then turns into a colossus, so we’re just gunna have to ride his rough patch out.