Millwall - V - Wednesday OMDT

Convinced me that Bullen is not the solution.

Convinced me that Millwall are an awful team to play

Convinced me that Harris and Bannan should always be in the team.

Didn’t get much more out of the game.

Six points out of three games is still promotion form though.

Can we get back to playing teams who actually want to play football now please?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Don’t think Bullen can be ruled out of being permanent manager just based on this game however that has gone him no favours at all. Failing to get something against 10 men Millwall for more than 45 minutes is very poor. 

Made the first substitution too early. Needed to wait and see how Millwall started the 2nd half first before making tactical changes. When Palmer being subbed was needed, he limited his subsequent options. 

Should have hooked Murphy at Halftime he was very poor 

We lacked guile inside the box 

Jordan Rhodes ...oh dear .

Plus side lee looked great again , would have kept him on personally 

Baz should have started 

Harris did well with no end product though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FT 1-0

Result wise, playing against 10 men you could say that the result was a disappointment.  We deserved to get something out of that game.  It wasn't to be.  

We lacked the finishing touch today.  Very unlucky to say the least.  Bullen went for it, they decided to camp 10 men behind the ball.  Protecting that 1 nil lead meant they fought harder.  Some great acting from them too, especially in the second half.  

Performance wise we played well.  It was just one of those days where nothing went for us.  

Big game on Tuesday night at home against Luton.  Back to winning ways. 

Have a nice evening all.

Onwards and upward

UTO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

To be honest we could still be playing now and would not score.

They defended very well, however we were not good enough to break down 10 men for over 45 mins. Good teams find a way to do this, we’re not there yet i’m afraid.

Stating the obvious but we are still lacking that bit of quality to make a difference. Two real shites but watching Fulham last night Mitrovic and Knockaert are quality in this league, hope we can attract some quality in January.

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Don’t think Bullen can be ruled out of being permanent manager just based on this game however that has gone him no favours at all. Failing to get something against 10 men Millwall for more than 45 minutes is very poor. 

What more could he do?

His substitutions were positive, brought off 2 defenders and a midfielder who probably still struggles to get the full 90 minute. Brought on Bannan his main playmaker, Luongo who is a good midfielder who can get forward and Rhodes who is an attacker. You can debate the merits of Rhodes but the alternative was Nuhiu. I can understand an arguement that the size and strength of Atdhe might have been better but there will be as many complain about him coming on as there will be about Rhodes.

Sometimes you just have to take your lumps. Credit to Millwall for seeing out the game with 10 men. I'm not an admirer of how they did it but they needed to hold on and they found a way. Sometimes I wish we could win ugly more often.