Room for more than one club badge, so why not the classic?

4 hours ago, Striggy said:

But that is not the classic badge, that is a modern minimalist stick drawing of an Owl from the 70's.  The new old badge is the classic design and properly represents more years of heritage than the above.

It doesn't.

We've used the 70s one (variations of it) for longer than the current one... which IMO is frigging awful.

4 hours ago, LSOwls said:

If you are over 60 you like the new Chansiri badge

If you are under 60 you like the minimalist Owl

If your under 15 you support Man U anyway...

Absolute nonsense, everyone knows the under 15’s support Man City.

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Best badge in football.

Don't mind the one we have now but not as good as this one. That feeling when you got it as a shiny in your 50p Pannini stickers :ghoulguy:

Agree

How good would it look on it’s own with no shield on the current kit

• Like 1

Love that 1970s badge so if iconic and  easily identifiable as our unique brand. New one is just too fussy and looks like many others.

Looking after my t shirts with the old badge as they look great. The simple navy blue one with black around the neck and edges of the short sleeves with the old crest badge on the chest looks ace.

9 hours ago, chrisf said:

Sheffield_Wednesday_06_grande.jpg

Not sure how people still look at this and think it's better than what we now have. As someone said it's dated and will look worse with time

I like minimalism, a badge should be clean and instantly recognisable, I think Derby's for instance does a good job of that, I don't feel our current badge does.

Dunno why people think the minimalism is dated, I think our current badge is even more dated, because it is!

54 minutes ago, OwlLuke said:

I like minimalism, a badge should be clean and instantly recognisable, I think Derby's for instance does a good job of that, I don't feel our current badge does.

Dunno why people think the minimalism is dated, I think our current badge is even more dated, because it is!

It isn't the minimalism that dates it, it's the overall design.

Many people are swayed by their memories of the badge and us playing in it in great times etc. But in isolation the current one, although not perfect, is a big improvement. 

I disagree. The old new badge from the 70s is iconic. It does what a logo is supposed to do. No need for SWFC under it or anything like that, it's instantly recognised as us. Just like Forest and Derby's logos. They've kept theirs, and rightly so, why did we have to change to a poopydoo version of the old one? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

Both look great :rolleyes: 

I like the move with the latest badge though and modernised a retro badge for a new era.

But they seem to have forgotten to modernise it...

It's virtually the same as the 50s reject. 

And it's the wrong shade of blue on the kits! 

Taste is subjective, but there's no way that's a modernised badge!

6 hours ago, Onge said:

I still haven't warmed to the current badge... mostly because it is so damn ugly. But chuck the previous one on some merchandise and I'll happily part with my dosh.

Changing the badge is by far and away Chansiri's biggest mistake as chairman...

Employing Jo's as manager might run that close in the f**k up list.

lol

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Onge said:

I still haven't warmed to the current badge... mostly because it is so damn ugly. But chuck the previous one on some merchandise and I'll happily part with my dosh.

Changing the badge is by far and away Chansiri's biggest mistake as chairman...

Agreed.  Completely unnecessary, biggest waste of money too.  Bigger than Butterfield.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, chrisf said:

I see the shop has some leisurewear with two variations on the new badge: https://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_sheffieldwednesday&state=item&dept_id=22&sub_dept_id=10&product_id=MBL1915

and this: https://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_sheffieldwednesday&state=item&dept_id=22&sub_dept_id=10&product_id=S61802

So if they can do that, why are they refusing to sell anything with the classic badge on? They would sell, believe me. Why the hell is the badge a taboo subject with the club?

Bring it back! If not on the kit, at least on a bloody polo shirt!

Sheffield_Wednesday_06_grande.jpg

A thing of beauty