Keiran Lee... Different gravy

3 hours ago, Gnarwolf said:

It wasn’t just you either, a lot on here were saying he was done, I bet they’re more than happy to be wrong on this occasion though

I will gladly admit to being one of them, and delighted to be proven wrong. 

How many players at any level capture their previous form after a full 18 months out?

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Best player on the pitch by a country mile 

He looked much fitter than last week , I was going barmy when he got subbed but may be it was for the best 

Great management.

He was doubled over twice in the minutes before being subbed, after two lung-bursting forays. 

He will be getting fitter by the week. I suspect Bullen will be careful how he uses KL thru Millwall and Luton. If he can nurse him through to the international break he should be firing on full throttle after that.

But what a performance from him today.

If we are 2 goals up in the 2nd half of any game we should sub him straight off to protect him from a needless injury. Absolute class act, and it’s amazing how he has come back as though he’s only been out injured for a couple of weeks   

For me it was never in doubt. I would have offered him a contract in the hope that he would recover.

Lee is one of those players that just keeps raising his game. Whatever league and whoever he’s playing against he does the business.

Top performer. possibly the best signing we’ve made in 20 years.

Love him to bits.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Like a 20 million pound signing

Not sure about 20 million but I agree he’s been superb. Love the fact we’ve brought in Luongo to challenge him. Massimo will quickly become a favorite here too.

Great to have Kieran back to his best ! 

What an asset he is going to be this season especially in a more forward role. 

With the addition of the two pacy wingers, all three will be there to support the striker/s. 

I thought, and I think he must have too, that his injury was career-threatening. 

Has anyone got any cotton wool ? 

I completely wrote him off and felt justified in doing so.  He'd been out too long, he had to be finished. 

But even though he's still maybe half a yard short of his best, he's the best midfielder in this league, there's no debating that, he knows what he's going to do before he gets the ball, his first touch sticks every time, and he sees the pass that even very good players like Reach or Bannan probably don't.  Different class.  

Sorry for writing you off Kieran. You're proper good at football. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Great management.

He was doubled over twice in the minutes before being subbed, after two lung-bursting forays. 

He will be getting fitter by the week. I suspect Bullen will be careful how he uses KL thru Millwall and Luton. If he can nurse him through to the international break he should be firing on full throttle after that.

But what a performance from him today.

Didn't notice that TBH 

My problem is that Lee was that influential and without BB if the Dingles had got one with 15mins left we could have been in trouble 

I shouted to get Lee off just after half time last week because he was struggling but his engine is nearly back to 100%