Premier League 2019/20

1 hour ago, Putney said:

From an allocation point of view, the Premier League has it fairly easy, as does Spain, Germany and Italy.

Six of the Premier League's seven European spots are automatically in the group stage. Putting Man City's ban aside it's just a case of figuring out who finishes 7th as they would have to start in the qualification rounds.

But who plays in which competition, that's up for grabs, as are complaints / legal action from teams that may have qualified but haven't

unless UEFA change to qualification criteria to teams being invited into the competition which has been touted

I would assume that legal action by any team would mean that any competition cant be started next season until any legal action has been resolved

We all said the bubble would one day burst...albeit i doubt many saw the bubble getting burst by a global pandemic.

Talk of even PL clubs going to the wall if the situation isn't rectified by August.

Man Utd ordering overseas based players to return to the UK this week...

What would you do if you were one of said players?

i know i would tell them I'm staying put until i'm 100% safe to travel.

Can they force them under a Pandemic to return?

58 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Just seen this, it also says they do not expect them to need quarantining ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8290855/Manchester-United-tell-overseas-players-make-way-England-seven-days.html

2 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

They will have the best medical treatment money can buy. Tested daily as will all other players and staff. If test positive they will be quaratined  with the best medical trestment money can buy.  The players are in a low risk group and will be tested before they will be allowed home. 

Probably the biggest risk will be on the plane but i am sure the clibs will provide private jets.

Bus drivers, supermarket staff, nhs staff etc are all have a bigger  risk of infection than premier league footballers

14 out of 20 clubs need to agree to neutral venues , if they don’t it’s probably off.

If neutral venues means no relegation there is no way the season should be continued, what’s the point? Just so Liverpool can win a league with rules made up as they go along?

48 minutes ago, ATBS said:

They will have the best medical treatment money can buy. Tested daily as will all other players and staff. If test positive they will be quaratined  with the best medical trestment money can buy.  The players are in a low risk group and will be tested before they will be allowed home. 

Probably the biggest risk will be on the plane but i am sure the clibs will provide private jets.

Bus drivers, supermarket staff, nhs staff etc are all have a bigger  risk of infection than premier league footballers

They are essential workers though. It's how safe they are compared with the rest of the workforce. 

14 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

14 out of 20 clubs need to agree to neutral venues , if they don’t it’s probably off.

If neutral venues means no relegation there is no way the season should be continued, what’s the point? Just so Liverpool can win a league with rules made up as they go along?

All options on the table are going to end in Liverpool winning the league. So that's not the reason they're so keen to play them.

Re relegation, if they do need unanimous support to run the league (because of changing the venues etc.) I can't see how they can keep relegation. 

If the options are end now with no relegation vs play it with relegation, then the teams in the bottom third are going to choose to end it.

If the options are end now with relegation vs play with relegation, the teams just above the relegation zone are still going to choose to end it.

So as far as I can see, the only way to persuade everyone to play on is to cancel relegation.

1 hour ago, southportdc said:

All options on the table are going to end in Liverpool winning the league. So that's not the reason they're so keen to play them.

Re relegation, if they do need unanimous support to run the league (because of changing the venues etc.) I can't see how they can keep relegation. 

If the options are end now with no relegation vs play it with relegation, then the teams in the bottom third are going to choose to end it.

If the options are end now with relegation vs play with relegation, the teams just above the relegation zone are still going to choose to end it.

So as far as I can see, the only way to persuade everyone to play on is to cancel relegation.

so...whats the point then if everything is already pretty much decided? 

2 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Bundesliga return pushed back to 23rd May as Angéla Merkel insists on 14 day quarantine before it can start. 

This date is the earliest however

Slight u-turn, Bundesliga leagues  could be back next Saturday 

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

They are essential workers though. It's how safe they are compared with the rest of the workforce. 

The premier league  footballers will be a lot safer than the rest of us. 

Different for the EFL thou as less resources