Premier League 2019/20

If I were the PL and it proves impossible to play I'd end the season as it is on a points per game basis but also cancel relegation and promotion. I wouldn't want to expand the league and play more games next season or risk Villa etc taking legal action. The issues then would be European places and whether the EFL teams could contest it. 

21 minutes ago, southportdc said:

TV money.

Sorry I mean symbol of hope to the fans. 

If it can be done safely and economically then that's just the way it has to be for a bit if the clubs want it. They operate to play football. If they need the income then like every other business they have to plan for the world as it is. It's clearly way off ideal and safe is the keyword. 

5 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Slight u-turn, Bundesliga leagues  could be back next Saturday 

I wonder if it will be broadcast over here somehow? Bit of live action for a change & maybe get a bet on.

Horse racing starts in France next week, behind closed doors, & here the week after I believe.

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

I wonder if it will be broadcast over here somehow? Bit of live action for a change & maybe get a bet on.

Horse racing starts in France next week, behind closed doors, & here the week after I believe.

Saturday tea time and Sunday games already on BT sport 

Bookies will be all over this, they’ve been pushing Belarus and Nicaragua league for weeks!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Saturday tea time and Sunday games already on BT sport 

Bookies will be all over this, they’ve been pushing Belarus and Nicaragua league for weeks!

I see BT Sport have a youtube channel. Could the games be on there, for free, if you sign up? Not sure how much a BT Sport subscription is in the current climate.

No VAR, 5 subs, no relegation and neutral venues - the season is already void based on that alone. A competition with zero integrity 

To win the championship on that basis, what a hollow victory.

Edited by NorfolkNChance

3 hours ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Just have penalties and been done with it. Less risky. Win,win :duntmatter:

Pens don't count lol

Just read the statement from the Watford chairman. Obviously he has vested interests, but can't argue with that!

If football temporarily returns then it isn’t going to be how it usually is.

Playing two games a week and training in the hotter summer months will take its toll on the players and they should be safeguarded. If that means using more substitutes then so be it. The Spanish are doing the same with subs, perhaps a better example considering how hot their summers are.

I can see the premiership starting behind closed doors at sometime. When Liverpool have enough points, the league will find a reason to finish the season there and then. No relegation and no promotion   Just Liverpool as champions with the teams in European places playing in Europe.