Premier League 2019/20

Here's a question for you.  The players have just had 3 months off to basically do nothing but cardio work.  We're 75 mins in to the first game back and they are getting cramp.  I've never seen a cyclist on the Tour de France with cramp.  I've never seen a rugby player going down with cramp.  I can't remember seeing anyone pull up in a 10,000m race with cramp.  Why do footballers suffer so badly with it?

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Here's a question for you.  The players have just had 3 months off to basically do nothing but cardio work.  We're 75 mins in to the first game back and they are getting cramp.  I've never seen a cyclist on the Tour de France with cramp.  I've never seen a rugby player going down with cramp.  I can't remember seeing anyone pull up in a 10,000m race with cramp.  Why do footballers suffer so badly with it?

Grealish has had plenty of parties to go to, had the sense to stay 'hydrated' at them to avoid cramp

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Might be worth comparing those other sports when they’re all back after the lockdown. See if it’s affected them too.

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

This is looking like a bore draw.

As expected. - behind closed doors football is a bit boring.

I wonder - under this new regime, how many cracking games we will see?

Edge of seat stuff?

The players feed off the crowd.  You'll get the odd feisty one but it will be far less.  There is nothing for them to play up to and nothing firing them up.  If they get clattered they will be far more likely to calm down with no crowd baying for blood.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

Guest Theboylangers

The difference between watching/listening with crowd noise and without is quite surreal.

Just now, Theboylangers said:

The difference between watching/listening with crowd noise and without is quite surreal.

I’m watching with noise off.

When the ball went over the line - did the simulated noise chant “you don’t know what you’re doing”?

• Haha 1

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

I’m watching with noise off.

When the ball went over the line - did the simulated noise chant “you don’t know what you’re doing”?

No but it should have done.

14 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Football is a lot more twisting and turning on the calves. Cycling is all one repeated forward

motion. 
Rugby is rarely anything but forward charging.

(I’m not saying footballers aren’t diving panzies now, just think I can understand why cramp)

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

No, the simulated noise.

It should reflect on field events to be of value.

Otherwise it’s just like bad lip syncing.

I agree to an extent, but at least the crowd noise gives some semblance of atmosphere. I tried watching without the crowd noise for a bit but really found it hard going.