Premier League 2019/20

54 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

We could be relegated to League One by that point.

Not sure we’re in a position to laugh at owt that the pigs are up to really.

EDIT: In fact, I am sure.  We’re a total shambles by comparison.

Unfortunately that's the mindset I'm at aswell. I just hope we have enough to stay in the division, but then again this is Wednesday we are talking about so I'm not holding my breath....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

The one thing that has not been mentioned because of this controversy though... how sh*te was the keeper from that cross!  He caught it then walked back 8 feet in to his own net!

So you admit it did cross the line now then?!

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Indeed. At least Roy Carrol was canny enough to flap the ball out of the goal. 

He just stood there for about 10 seconds with a guilty/embarrassed look on his face, clutching the ball against the wrong side of the post - if anyone was unsure initially that should have given the game away. 

But if you're not sure you can't give it, well done Michael Oliver for not believing what your eyes were telling you and instead relying on the duff technology. I've liked him ever since agent Wilson had a dig at him when we scored 2 late goals at the sty in the promotion season.  

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

David Luiz :duntmatter:

Starts on the bench with his Arsenal future very much in doubt.

Early injury gives him the chance to impress.

Less than half an hour later he has gifted City the opening goal, conceded a penalty and got a red card. 

Classic David Luiz. 

I can understand why it happened. At the end of the day, they’re not to know Hawkeye was down at the time. 

VAR aren’t in a position to make that decision for the same reason. Would anyone complain if, when it becomes apparent the technology has failed, VAR review at the next possible opportunity and, award the goal?