A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

Sheffield United say Prince Abdullah remains their owner - despite Companies House suggesting otherwise.

Companies House indicated on Thursday that he had ceased to be a person with significant control on 18 October 2019.

Prince Abdullah won a court battle to take over the club from former owner Kevin McCabe on 16 September.

The Saudi owner was listed as a person of significant control a month later, with those filings made public on 20 February.

But the club says Prince Abdullah is still the ultimate owner and they expect the public record to be updated by Companies House in coming days.

It denies that the filings update is related to the prospective Saudi-led takeover of Newcastle United, or the continuing dispute with McCabe.

The club said: "Sheffield United has received a number of questions in relation to filings with Companies House that were made today [Thursday] by the club and its direct parent company, Blades Leisure Limited.

"The club confirms that there has been no change in ownership of the shares in either The Sheffield United Football Club Limited or Blades Leisure Limited.

"The filings at Companies House were made to allow Companies House to accurately reflect that ownership on the public record and not to disclose any change.

"Accordingly, HRH Prince Abdullah bin Mosa'ad bin Abdulaziz Al Sa'ud remains the ultimate owner and controller of Blades Leisure Limited and its subsidiary, The Sheffield United Football Club Limited.

"The Club expects that the public record will be updated by Companies House to reflect the filings referred to above in the coming days."

3 hours ago, darra said:

Another for the honours board?

Villa vs dem blades will be the first game played behind closed doors in the EPL.

I want to see a cardboard cut out of LisaBlade.

I'd love to buy a few of McCabe for the front row when the TV cameras are on. Have him sat next to Ched, and maybe a seagull.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, darra said:

Another for the honours board?

Villa vs dem blades will be the first game played behind closed doors in the EPL.

Right next to the ‘Brian Deane scored the first ever PL goal tha knows’ trophy 🏆 

Interesting times ahead as in the Bundesliga it seems that playing at home might not be an advantage. Of the 9 games played over the weekend, only 2 were home wins.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Tbf, he isn't their player.

Why shouldn't Man U take advantage and screw them over? We are talking potential Champions League football here. I think morals go flying out the window when it comes down to that.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, he isn't their player.

Why shouldn't Man U take advantage and screw them over? We are talking potential Champions League football here. I think morals go flying out the window when it comes down to that.

Was rumoured a couple of times last season that DeGea was wanting to leave for Spain. So why not have Henderson back. DeGea was a bit dodgy at times as well

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Solskjaer seems a decent guy and I don't think he'd do this unless he had to.

Which is a bit of a shame

Money talks, especially at Man United. If there’s a chance the pigs will finish above them and qualify for the CL then I imagine the decision will be taken out of his hands

• Like 1