A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

44 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

It is a super weak league this season though, take 3 wins off them and they are in the relegation mix still. Next season the real test, even Huddersfield managed to stay up for a season.

At the moment, they're on target for around 54-55 points. In virtually any other season, that would be nowhere near 5th. In fact, in a lot of seasons you'd need over 70. In fact, their points per game (1.44) is actually only slightly better than ours (1.433). And they really have benefited from having a settled side: if this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Sheffield_United_F.C._season is right and up to date, their regular keeper/defence/midfield have 217 out of 225 possible starts this season. And even 1 of the 8 they didn't start is because they started Berge today. 

Edited by Sova

I only wish I gave them more poo when they were poo.

I felt a bit sorry for my mates who were enduring David Weir etc.

Never again.

The next time the tables turn, I'll be paying for flipping billboards and Google advertising to follow the flaps around.

Guest Manwithastick
5 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

then it’s a very big coincidence that both him and several others pop up in random threads around different parts of the site only on my posts in random sections at the same time. Some of which were dormant before that for months or years lol 

if it’s coincidence it’s a big one, tbf I find it funny if they take the time to do that it’s hilarious lol  I’m glad I can annoy someone to take the time out to follow me around. 

Don't flatter yourself sweetheart. I've absolutely no clue who you are.

4 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Some cracking predictions back on the first few pages of this thread about how the pigs are going to struggle this season:

I mean, a few slightly wrong predictions in there :duntmatter:

It’s 1st February; the scrubbers are 5th in the league.  36 points, safety secured and pigs dreaming of qualifying for Europe.

I’m hating every second of this but you’ve got to laugh I suppose..

To be honest that’s about as funny as a fire in an orphanage.

As somebody who’s probably older than most on this forum and seen it all before,  I think that the time is right to reassure my fellow Owls that they should hang on in there. Our time will come, football IS cyclic and one day we will be top dogs again. Just don’t bank on it being anytime soon as long as that chuff Wilder is there.

And there you have the difference between us and the other lot. Rejoice and bide your time Owls. 

15 hours ago, sMacLean said:

I saw them setting a new record for lack of points, individually that side is nothing above Championship level but Wilder has them well drilled.

Saw at Northampton what a great manager he is, we never looked like losing games.

It is a super weak league this season though, take 3 wins off them and they are in the relegation mix still. Next season the real test, even Huddersfield managed to stay up for a season.

Its a poor Championship this year too. Take 3 wins off us and we’re in the relegation doo doo as well

12 hours ago, Growl67 said:

As somebody who’s probably older than most on this forum and seen it all before,  I think that the time is right to reassure my fellow Owls that they should hang on in there. Our time will come, football IS cyclic and one day we will be top dogs again. Just don’t bank on it being anytime soon as long as that chuff Wilder is there.

And there you have the difference between us and the other lot. Rejoice and bide your time Owls. 

I hope so. Clutching at straws but I’ll use the 70s as inspiration. They finished 6th in the old Division 1 in 1975; six years later they found themselves in the bottom division. That’s all I have to go on... and suspect it will be till Wilder goes.

22 hours ago, Skyline said:

Jammy gits! 

Keeper takes ball behind the line for a goal

5th place in the top flight on the back of 2 wins in 7 league games tells its own story about the strength of that division. Those two 1-0 wins in that time have come from a keeper carrying the ball into his own net when they hadn't had a shot on target in the game and a keeper passing the ball to them 20 yards out.

Bitter, me? :bullen:

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

5th place in the top flight on the back of 2 wins in 7 league games tells its own story about the strength of that division. Those two 1-0 wins in that time have come from a keeper carrying the ball into his own net when they hadn't had a shot on target in the game and a keeper passing the ball to them 20 yards out.

Bitter, me? :bullen:

5th place - having scored just 26 goals in 25 games, as close to 19th place as they are to 3rd, with the 2nd lowest number of both shots on goal and shots on target in the division, the highest number of long balls played, with the most own goals in their favour, 5th lowest average possession, the 5th lowest scorers in the league, (2nd lowest if you discount own goals), and yet the myth still persists that they play attractive attacking football! 

And this attacking sh*tshow (after spending around £38m on 3 strikers in the summer) is apparently their "best season ever"  lol

Wilder is a quality manager and to be honest I didn't realise how good he was but like others have said it goes in cycles and it will turn 

I can't even bring myself to look at the Prem table and seeing them in the top 6

Jammy scrubbers

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

5th place - having scored just 26 goals in 25 games, as close to 19th place as they are to 3rd, with the 2nd lowest number of both shots on goal and shots on target in the division, the highest number of long balls played, with the most own goals in their favour, 5th lowest average possession, the 5th lowest scorers in the league, (2nd lowest if you discount own goals), and yet the myth still persists that they play attractive attacking football! 

And this attacking sh*tshow (after spending around £38m on 3 strikers in the summer) is apparently their "best season ever"  lol

Yes but at the end of the day their 5th in the Premier League. That’s all that matters. Three years ago they were in League One. It’s the stuff of dreams.

Meanwhile at S6. 0-0 draw at home to Millwall, fans can’t be arsed and the football is garbage whilst we slowly slip down the league into mid table mediocrity for the third season running. 

There's a big summer ahead for them with players out of contract. Question is will United blow the budget or will the players accept what's offered? My guess is that the agents will be working hard to get the budget blown or look to get them a lucrative move. Next question is if they do move will they be able to replace them like for like or better and for the wages offered.

I just hope that the season they go down...we go up.

That would make it all worthwhile...sort of.

Must be unreal to be a blunt right now though. Simply astonishing season they are having.

Won't last forever of course....and we need to sort ourselves out so we can finally get back up to the prem.