A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

On 04/03/2020 at 23:33, BrucieBonus said:

I recon they have a chance, didn’t they take 4 points of them this season and above them in the league? 

Let's just consider that fact.

It's unbelievable.

There are two SWs in this city, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield Wilder.

The sooner he's gone, the better.

Can see them beating Arsenal if Arteta plays a weakened team like he has in the previous rounds. Hopefully with them being knocked out of the Europa League they'll take it seriously, even then I can see United going through - probably get Norwich in the semi as well!

At least this thread has woken up. Had a quick glance at their board and it looks like despite them gunning for a European place and into the FA Cup quarters in their "best season evah", their thread about us has grown by over 200 pages in about 3 weeks...

On 05/03/2020 at 10:38, owls maniac said:

Agreed. Drawing a side at home who are known for bottling big games is a great result for the pigs. I fear they are Wembley bound. 

I wish they had bottled 1993 cup finals. :duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Usual pig luck to beat Reading, and then drawn at home AGAIN.

Arsenal are a different beast under Arteta, there is no way the unwashed are winning this one.

Going to sit back and enjoy watching them get a hiding in a half empty Bumhole Lane :duntmatter:

Let's not kid ourselves. They haven't played in a half empty stadium all season so they certainly won't for an fa cup quarter final. It's the sort of fixture they shouldn't win but always seem to this season. 

9 hours ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Usual pig luck to beat Reading, and then drawn at home AGAIN.

Arsenal are a different beast under Arteta, there is no way the unwashed are winning this one.

Going to sit back and enjoy watching them get a hiding in a half empty Bumhole Lane :duntmatter:

You do know that they were drawn away from home the last two rounds don't you ? 

On 05/03/2020 at 13:00, The only way is S6 said:

It’s a different Arsenal now, to the one they beat at the sty, where Pepe missed a sitter from 2 yards.

Plus it’s Arsenal’s last chance of winning anything this season.

Won’t be easy. 

They’ve just bottled the europa league against bloody Olympiakos. If the pigs get at them it will be a tough game. 

On 10/02/2020 at 11:09, SiJ said:

I think all the recent additions have been financed throught the TV deal. 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they had taken out a loan several months ago which was offset against tv money they were due to receive. 

This is a guy who at one point was so awash with cash that Kevin McCabe thought he could lowball him with a 5 million offer for 50 percent of the club. 

Unless his toilet paper business has really picked up, I would suspect that the signings of McBurnie, Berge etc., have all come from the club coffers as opposed to his own. 

Running the club from the money they bring in? You do know that’s what youre supposed to do?

44 minutes ago, Mobley said:

Running the club from the money they bring in? You do know that’s what youre supposed to do?

Wow.

A month has passed and you finally managed to come up with a post.

My point was that if the vast majority of your budget is coming from the tv deal and your owner doesn't have a pot to pi55 in, then there could be issues down the line.

Look forward to hearing your response on April the 10th.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Wow.

My point was that if the vast majority of your budget is coming from the tv deal and your owner doesn't have a pot to pi55 in, then there could be issues down the line.

Sorry. Got better things to do than review the thread on The pigs every day. You doN’t seriously think I read it and waited a Month to respond do you? 🤪? I think we have far bigger concerns don’t you? 

Anyway the Bog Roll Prince will be coining it in with all this panic buying of Bog roll. So he might have nearly as much in his back pocket as DC now. Hopefully he can ruin their club the way DC has ours 

• Haha 2

On 06/03/2020 at 09:39, alanharper said:

Can see them beating Arsenal if Arteta plays a weakened team like he has in the previous rounds. Hopefully with them being knocked out of the Europa League they'll take it seriously, even then I can see United going through - probably get Norwich in the semi as well!

At least this thread has woken up. Had a quick glance at their board and it looks like despite them gunning for a European place and into the FA Cup quarters in their "best season evah", their thread about us has grown by over 200 pages in about 3 weeks...

You can't read about us on Twitter without obsessed Pigs taking over the thread. Check their profiles and its all drivel about Wednesday. Ive no idea how you share a city with them

11 hours ago, SiJ said:

Wow.

Edited by bradowl

On 06/03/2020 at 20:32, bradowl said:

I wish they had bottled 1993 cup finals. :duntmatter:

Whaaaaaat!!!!!

You mean you wish the pigs had beaten us at Wembley in the semi-finals.WTF:

Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, the third man said:

Think he meant Arsenal

Doh !!

'Cause he did.:wacko:

No football.

No pub.

My brains scrambled.lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl

On 06/03/2020 at 22:35, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Let's not kid ourselves. They haven't played in a half empty stadium all season so they certainly won't for an fa cup quarter final. It's the sort of fixture they shouldn't win but always seem to this season. 

Especially if the tickets are a 5er a chuck.

SUFC Statement

In response to public statements being circulated by the Scarborough Group, Sheffield United Football Club regrets that it must update the statement it released on 20th January 2020 regarding the in principle agreement previously reached between the Club and the Scarborough Group over the transfer to the Club of the freehold of Bramall Lane (together with the long leasehold interests in the Copthorne Hotel and Enterprise Centre), plus Shirecliffe Academy, the Junior Development Centre at Crookes (the "Properties") and certain parcels of land (the "Kop Sites") within the "Bramall Lane footprint" from Sheffield United Limited ("SUL") and the Scarborough Group (the "Scarborough Companies"), entities controlled by Mr Kevin McCabe.

In short, this deal will no longer proceed as the Scarborough Companies wanted more money and more concessions from the Club than they agreed initially. As a result, the Club has no alternative but to resort to arbitration under the Property Call Option Agreements to determine the purchase prices for the Properties and to ensure that the Properties are transferred to the Club. It also appears that the Scarborough Companies have withdrawn their offer to sell the Kop Sites to the Club.

The Club will take all necessary steps to ensure that Bramall Lane remains the long-term home of SUFC. We will also vigorously defend any claims put forward by SUL, including the outrageous suggestion put forward in the litigation that the price that SUL wants the Club to pay for the Stadium should be on the assumption that SUFC leaves Bramall Lane with the site being developed for residential housing.

Two immediate consequences of the Scarborough Group's decision are that (i) the Club only has the right to purchase the hotel leasehold, not the hotel business and hence, we may be compelled to close the hotel until we find an operator and (ii) the Club will need to postpone plans to remove the support poles which currently obstruct views in the Kop. If the Scarborough Group follows through on threats not to sell the Kop Sites and instead develops the Kop Sites, access to the Kop may also be restricted. The Scarborough Companies have signalled an intention to build high density apartments in the areas behind the Kop and the John Street stand. The Club intends to object to any development which interferes with our fans' access to the stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3