A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

With the way things are going, the only way we narrow the current gap between the two clubs is by getting promoted. 

I just can't envision a scenario whereby they are struggling in the next few years. 

At the end of the day, we as a football club need to get our own house in order.

As long as Wilder remains in charge, they will be a force to reckon with. Perhaps, just perhaps, an influx of more expensive, higher paid players harms the dressing room, but we are really clutching at straws if that's our best hope. With the way things are going, I fully expect them to secure one of the European places. Frankly, whilst they don't have the same level of quality as Spurs, Chelsea, Man U, they seem a lot more comfortable and reassured as a team. 

And yet, that could be their undoing - getting into Europe, I mean.

United's board have got away with it because Wilder is British, and foreign chairmen want foreign managers, or so it seems.

It's incredible that the only offer there has been for him was from Sunderland, a team in a lower division than the Blades, whereas Carlos had 3 PL offers in spite of not getting us over the line.

However, were Wildero to get the Blades into Europe, and were they to perform well there - and knowing him they would - then surely that would change the situation.

United would then be victims of their own success, and with him gone they'd drop like a stone.

May the Gods hasten the day.

As bad as it is seeing them do well this season. One silver lining is imagining how silly Kevin McCabe feels right now

Imagine spending years in the lower leagues hiring idiot after idiot, only to finally hit the jackpot, and shortly after be forced to sell up for a fraction of the clubs true worth 

I’m not saying this in banter or out of malice. My brother is a Blade and I’m of the opinion that we should put our own house in order, not worry about them, but getting into Europe could be United’s undoing despite it being an unbelievable achievement. Wolves have invested heavily over the past 2-3 seasons and yet they really struggled in the first half of this season to come to terms with the extra workload of playing Europa League games. 

I think Europe next season would be too soon. I just can’t see them investing at the same level as Wolves and with their all out style of play, they could find themselves under real pressure from the off next season.  

25 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Looks like it

For Christ sake - Wolves come on 

Hopefully Wolves and Everton can carry on their decent form, and It’d be nice if Man Utd and spurs pulled their heads from out of their arses

Guest The Horse
14 hours ago, Stoop said:

The footballing gods really are conspiring to cause the perfect sh*tstorm this season 

Will someone go and throw them 2 f*cking south stand elephants in the b*stard Don ffs

It all started to go wrong the day these guys took up residence.

20200119_082832.thumb.jpg.e670297eb93e0300510c8594ce3ffca3.jpg

Good luck, my arse.

How about two massive gold, ya know... Owls???

We could nick the one from Leeds to start off with who have bizarrely perfected the art of making massive gold owls:

20200215_093701.thumb.jpg.8bd8b0bd727c1addec87e1d417299522.jpg

Just now, BrucieBonus said:

I recon they have a chance, didn’t they take 4 points of them this season and above them in the league? 

It hurts me to say this,but i think they have more than a decent chance getting to the Semi Final looking at the draw.:duntmatter:

11 hours ago, BrucieBonus said:

I recon they have a chance, didn’t they take 4 points of them this season and above them in the league? 

Agreed. Drawing a side at home who are known for bottling big games is a great result for the pigs. I fear they are Wembley bound.