A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Unbelievable.

When you've got the likes of little Willy scoring in the PL and taking your side to fifth, then you know you've got a good manager.

In fact, you've got a magician.

Look into my eyes … lol

You practically jizzing yourself when talking about him doesn't help.

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Very good chance they get in Europe.

Got a great run of fixtures coming up.

8th would be my guess. I think Everton, Wolves and Tottenham will end up above them

Can see them finishing above Arsenal and Man Utd though 

Guest The Horse

They'll never get a better chance of Europe than this.

Surely the rest of the Premier League (besides Liverpool) will get out of CBA mode next season.

22 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

2 points of a champions league spot!!

Can you imagine....

If there was ever a season...

All the usual contenders are off the pace this season. 

Man U, Chelsea, Spurs very inconsistent. 

Everton are also creeping up. 

On 03/02/2020 at 08:31, darra said:

There's a big summer ahead for them with players out of contract. Question is will United blow the budget or will the players accept what's offered? My guess is that the agents will be working hard to get the budget blown or look to get them a lucrative move. Next question is if they do move will they be able to replace them like for like or better and for the wages offered.

I just can't see them blowing the budget out of the window. Let's be honest, if you have superstars it can be harder but what they have is normal/good players that the manager is elevating. I just don't see the agents of these players being able to say "such and such" a club is interested in my player because nobody other that Wilder will get that level of performance out of them IMO. I heard him in an interview say they the players with deals on the table had a bit more time and then he'd move on with other options. In some ways you could compare him to a poor mans Klopp, players will want to play for him........he'd have no problem replacing people. 

What a f**king nightmare having to talk about the Blades in these circumstances....

Edited by Morepork

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

You practically jizzing yourself when talking about him doesn't help.

42 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I just can't see them blowing the budget out of the window. Let's be honest, if you have superstars it can be harder but what they have is normal/good players that the manager is elevating. I just don't see the agents of these players being able to say "such and such" a club is interested in my player because nobody other that Wilder will get that level of performance out of them IMO. I heard him in an interview say they the players with deals on the table had a bit more time and then he'd move on with other options. In some ways you could compare him to a poor mans Klopp, players will want to play for him........he'd have no problem replacing people. 

What a f**king nightmare having to talk about the Blades in these circumstances....

Yes, it's about Wilder, not who's playing for him.

Our team would probably be fifth in the PL with him as manager.

Then again, perhaps not.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, it's about Wilder, not who's playing for him.

Our team would probably be fifth in the PL with him as manager.

Then again, perhaps not.

Yep, he doesn't sign a single player we have IMO, they don't pass the character test.

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

I just can't see them blowing the budget out of the window. Let's be honest, if you have superstars it can be harder but what they have is normal/good players that the manager is elevating. I just don't see the agents of these players being able to say "such and such" a club is interested in my player because nobody other than Wilder will get that level of performance out of them IMO. I heard him in an interview say they the players with deals on the table had a bit more time and then he'd move on with other options. In some ways you could compare him to a poor mans Klopp, players will want to play for him........he'd have no problem replacing people. 

What a f**king nightmare having to talk about the Blades in these circumstances...

You could be right but in the end money talks and even an extra 10 or 20k, a week might sway them. Age old problem of teams getting promoted with players on championship wages seeing players getting more

With the way things are going, the only way we narrow the current gap between the two clubs is by getting promoted. 

I just can't envision a scenario whereby they are struggling in the next few years. 

At the end of the day, we as a football club need to get our own house in order.

As long as Wilder remains in charge, they will be a force to reckon with. Perhaps, just perhaps, an influx of more expensive, higher paid players harms the dressing room, but we are really clutching at straws if that's our best hope. With the way things are going, I fully expect them to secure one of the European places. Frankly, whilst they don't have the same level of quality as Spurs, Chelsea, Man U, they seem a lot more comfortable and reassured as a team. 

3 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Where will they need to finish to be in Europe is it top 7? 

Not quite sure. 

Top 4 gets you in the Champions League or in the qualifiers for the Champions League. 

5th is a Europa League spot. 

I think (could be wrong) that 6th and 7th are determined by who wins the FA and League Cup? So if Villa win the League cup, then one of those spots is taken and that would be the case if say a Liverpool or City win the FA cup too? 

Edited by SiJ

Tbf, Billy has only scored twice this season

Tbh the real test for them is the Prince. He hasn't actually had to do anything yet since becoming involved with them i.e. manager decisions. They will have a downturn in form at some point in the next few years, so will he be quick firing for a new manager? Also, is he happy to invest to keep them going? The Berge signing shows he allows some money, although, realistically he can probably just run them off the TV money / end of season money for the time being until their wage bill increases

3 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Tbf, Billy has only scored twice this season

Tbh the real test for them is the Prince. He hasn't actually had to do anything yet since becoming involved with them i.e. manager decisions. They will have a downturn in form at some point in the next few years, so will he be quick firing for a new manager? Also, is he happy to invest to keep them going? The Berge signing shows he allows some money, although, realistically he can probably just run them off the TV money / end of season money for the time being until their wage bill increases

I think all the recent additions have been financed throught the TV deal. 

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they had taken out a loan several months ago which was offset against tv money they were due to receive. 

This is a guy who at one point was so awash with cash that Kevin McCabe thought he could lowball him with a 5 million offer for 50 percent of the club. 

Unless his toilet paper business has really picked up, I would suspect that the signings of McBurnie, Berge etc., have all come from the club coffers as opposed to his own. 

Edited by SiJ

25 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Not quite sure. 

Top 4 gets you in the Champions League or in the qualifiers for the Champions League. 

I think (could be wrong) that 6th and 7th are determined by who wins the FA and League Cup? So if Villa win the League cup, then one of those spots is taken and that would be the case if say a Liverpool or City win the FA cup too? 

Top 4 will get you in Champions League groups stage, FA Cup winner and one more go UEL group stage, and one team goes to play offs for UEL. I'm not sure if League Cup winner or 5th in the league will be in play offs though.

45 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Not quite sure. 

Both cup winners qualify for the Europa League, unless they also qualify for the Champions League, i.e. the cups are won by a top 4 side. So 7th would be high enough for a Europa League spot if Man City win both cups again or they win the EFL Cup and LIverpool/Leicester/Chelsea win the FA Cup.

Dream scenario - pigs finish 7th, and European qualification for them comes down to whether Liverpool can win the FA Cup against a lower league team in the final. It's going well with them leading 1-0 in the 92nd minute, pigs are checking their passports, when up steps Big Dave Nuhiu with two late goals as Wednesday win the FA Cup and also qualify for Europe at the pigs' expense.

Er, sorry about that - it's a bit early in the day to be hammered on Special Brew...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2