Thank you Mr Chansiri

Another excellent close season where you have fully backed the team management in the transfer market.

This year we appear to have been more disciplined and leveraged better deals for players and not been bullied by other clubs like Chelsea. I am as disappointed as most that we didn’t sign MH but would rather miss out than pay £5m.

i have supported this club for the last 50 years and Mr Chansiri is the best chairman we have had by a country mile!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I applaud DC in this summer's activities. Standing up to the big boys, taking no sheeeite, retaining Westwood and Lee, bringing in 6 younger, hungry players with pace in abundance. It's as though he's finally read Owlstalk after the play off final and Huddersfield debacle. 

Well done DC! 

12 minutes ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

Another excellent close season where you have fully backed the team management in the transfer market.

This year we appear to have been more disciplined and leveraged better deals for players and not been bullied by other clubs like Chelsea. I am as disappointed as most that we didn’t sign MH but would rather miss out than pay £5m.

i have supported this club for the last 50 years and Mr Chansiri is the best chairman we have had by a country mile!!!!!!!

Better than Uncle Dave?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, batemoor owls said:

Just wondered who it was that came up with the names we’ve just signed.....how much has bully had in these signings...

Interesting point. Could be Bully and could be Bruce? Point is whoever is the manager now, will have a much easier job with some pace and a little more balance to the squad. 

Fantastic window considering we were all thinking the worst a couple of weeks ago.

We now have a really good squad. Lets see how this season goes. We nearly got play offs last season. Not reason why we can't achieve it this season. 

Just now, batemoor owls said:

Just wondered who it was that came up with the names we’ve just signed.....how much has bully had in these signings...

Very little I suspect. It could be down to the guys brought in by the snake while he was here, if so give them a wage rise and a 5 year contract. The details of the deals will leak out in time but on the face of it we have some cracking bargains. No need to spend big money to get good players if you know the market inside out. More importantly to my mind not only have we got good players on good deals but we have also got players in positions where we need them and with the attributes we have been lacking.

Whoever controlled our deals this window deserves a medal. Tell me who it is and I'll buy a bit of pitch side advertising to tell him how much I appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, No 5 1984 said:

Interesting point. Could be Bully and could be Bruce? Point is whoever is the manager now, will have a much easier job with some pace and a little more balance to the squad. 

True, good bit of pace now...I wonder if the latest signing from Newcastle was an attempt at peace making from Bruce

9 minutes ago, batemoor owls said:

We have a recruitment team. Dean Hughes and David Downes. They will be working with the same shopping list Bruce had most likely. 

I think it shows because our approach to signings this window have been much more considered and thoughtful. Very impressed what we’ve done on a limited budget. 

Guest Mr. Christmas
28 minutes ago, Thurgoland Owl said:

This transfer window has been managed pretty well. DC deserves respect in my opinion as he does care and him and his family are obviously fanatical about our club. To see that to someone not from Sheffield is really nice to be so fanatical  about us and for someone overseas is awesome and flattering. DC is a character yes and it's great to see a family man too. I cant tell you all to thank him, but I will because we definitely could have a lot worse