Deadline Day Fred

3 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Apparently moved to Rangers for a fee, then to Hamburg on a free 2 years later. Strange one, but played a decent amount of games last year and young so could be a player. 

Seems like he will be costly though having just broken into their side, wish we could find some cheaper options with potential.

Bundaesliga 2 side though, so can't see him being valued anywhere near 'Premier league player' Hector!?

1 hour ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

Yeah hopefully Winnall will head off to L1 for a season long loan. Cant see him getting much action with us TBH

Winnall is too good for L1. He's got a good strike rate in the Championship. He's ok for mid table or lower Championship or back up at a higher level. Difficult to get him out on loan as DC will want all his wages paid. He's a decent player but for whatever reason we just don't want to play him here despite various of our managers looking at him.

He does need to move on.

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Not the kind of cheating nasty little worm of an individual I'd like to see in my team TBH.

Thank god, I thought I was the only one who thinks FF is an embarrassment. 

6 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Gayle would be difficult to get the head around

He scores a lot of goals but he has tw@t written on his forehead

So like Nando but with goals? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, George said:

Thank god, I thought I was the only one who thinks FF is an embarrassment. 

So like Nando but with goals? 

But FF goes to the Childrens Hospital at Christmas...Gayle steals from the homeless

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

personally think Bullen's got it, either temporary to see what he can do or after deadline day, it looks likely

Indications are it's either Bullen or someone we've never heard of. If it's the latter it must be someone good who we are fighting to get. If it was some no name he'd have jumped at the chance.

Maybe just wishful thinking.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

Indications are it's either Bullen or someone we've never heard of. If it's the latter it must be someone good who we are fighting to get. If it was some no name he'd have jumped at the chance.

Maybe just wishful thinking.

All suggestions are DC looking at unemployed coaches/managers, not sure where the fighting to get would be there???

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

All suggestions are DC looking at unemployed coaches/managers, not sure where the fighting to get would be there???

If it's someone generally considered above Championship level they might not be keen but could be persuaded. Think a foreign version of Hughton but maybe a bit higher level.

We are getting linked with The defender from Bundesliga 2, maybe a German Manager.

It's just speculation on my part definitely not ITK.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

If it's someone generally considered above Championship level they might not be keen but could be persuaded. Think a foreign version of Hughton but maybe a bit higher level.

We are getting linked with The defender from Bundesliga 2, maybe a German Manager.

It's just speculation on my part definitely not ITK.

Bates at Hamburg is a Scottish Player, half of our team at one point were Scottish, our caretaker manager is Scottish, the recruitment staff brought in buy Bruce like to buy player from Scotland.

I don't think we are getting a manager from Germany - I think its because he is Scottish. WTF:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Gayle would be difficult to get the head around

He scores a lot of goals but he has tw@t written on his forehead

I'd love having a player that I've always hated playing for us. The lad is a goalscorer and offers a lot of issues for defenders. Would be ancincredible coup for us. Obviously its not something I imagine we'd have been planning on doing. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Bates at Hamburg is a Scottish Player, half of our team at one point were Scottish, our caretaker manager is Scottish, the recruitment staff brought in buy Bruce like to buy player from Scotland.

I don't think we are getting a manager from Germany - I think its because he is Scottish. WTF:

Stop it. Can't you let me fantasize For a little while. I can but dream...or something.lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'd love having a player that I've always hated playing for us. The lad is a goalscorer and offers a lot of issues for defenders. Would be ancincredible coup for us. Obviously its not something I imagine we'd have been planning on doing. 

Might as well sign Fraizer Campbell, only time he scores is against us lol

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I always hated it when Rhodes and Forestieri came to Hillsborough.

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

It takes about 2 hours to get from Newcastle by car so if its going to happen it needs to be in the next hour or he won't get here in time.