Massimo Luongo & Jacob Murphy

Just now, gurujuan said:

Not at all, especially Hector.  However, I have to say, I’m not as big an admirer of our recent transfers policies, as some on here appear to be. And then they wonder why we’re in this mess

What are our policies ?

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Murphy will challenge Harris and Luongo will offer competition to Hutchinson and co. 

That can't be a bad thing. 

Gives us options and means we have a bit of depth in areas where we are

Murphy is a right winger so I'm hoping he challenges reaches position because he seems off pace past 2 games.

Edited by stocksyuto

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not at all, especially Hector.  However, I have to say, I’m not as big an admirer of our recent transfer policies, as some on here appear to be. And then they wonder why we’re in this mess

Guru, mate

I've spent the last couple of years right with you bemoaning our transfer policy.

But get real. You look at our budget. You look at the dealings we've done this summer and are seemingly imminently to finish. We've had a really good summer when it comes to player transfers. Really good. Yes, I'd like some younger faces too, but we've managed to have a refresh without bringing in any 30+ players (except the keeper) and are looking at players in their mid-20s. For where we are and what business we can realistically do, it's great. 

Luongo would be class and exactly what we need - Bannan, Lee, Luongo and one other would be great for those two CM spots. 

Not seen Murphy much tbh, but comes with a good reputation. 

Really impressed if we can bring both in, especially for little cost. 

Luongo will be a geat signing if we get him, good on the ball, gets stuck in. Not sure about Murphy as I have not seen much of him. Guru wants us to be signing "wonderkids" all the time, played too much Champ Manager in his life. 

Guest domSWFC

I thought Murphy looked class whenever I saw him play for Cardiff last season, fast and direct. 

Then I realised we're signing his brother, not seen much of him though. 

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Bringing in older players with no resale value

How are players in their mid-20s "older" with no "resale" value?

Oh, and I love you claiming you're not a fan of our "recent" transfer policy. 

Didn't realise "recent" meant the last 15 years. 

You talk utter guff. 

Guest Theboylangers
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know, but from about 50 signings, how many have we made a profit on?

Bloody hell mate. I thought I was a Negative Nellie until I read your posts. 

I now consider myself to be Positive Pete.

lol

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Guru, mate

I've spent the last couple of years right with you bemoaning our transfer policy.

But get real. You look at our budget. You look at the dealings we've done this summer and are seemingly imminently to finish. We've had a really good summer when it comes to player transfers. Really good. Yes, I'd like some younger faces too, but we've managed to have a refresh without bringing in any 30+ players (except the keeper) and are looking at players in their mid-20s. For where we are and what business we can realistically do, it's great. 

I think we may also get a couple of Premiership youngsters on loan to add even more pace up front...

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know, but from about 50 signings, how many have we made a profit on?

Our policy has changed since Jos left , Bruce identified our targets and we are implemented that policy so dont say 50 signings 

Our previous policy had been flawed and Chansiri obviously knew that and changed but that won't count in your mind