Borukov

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Cant imagine he is anywhere near good enough to be honest.

Is that owlstalk positivity or do you actually know/seen him play.

I saw him play at Colchester and whilst very raw.

He did come across as a big powerful striker in the making.

FFS

We did have a lot of strikers but if Borukov would have been that good he would have made the bench at least. 

He has hardly played for the u23s either has he isnt he mainly a u18 player. perhaps something can correct me if I am wrong. So surely that's his next step. 

I am not saying he is not going to be good in the future but is the answer selling Rhodes and Joao and promoting him.  No.

Edited by pazowl55

34 minutes ago, malek said:

He certainly aint composed and isn't "finisher".

He is very strong for someone his age, and quite mobile as well, but is nowhere near ready for first team football at this level, yet.

Haven't watched the U23s or whoever recently, so I don't have a view on whether he is feasible for first team or not. But in addition to the obvious point that in all probability no, because the majority of junior players aren't and won't become ready for championship level football, that is a bit of a red flag. You do quite often see teenagers both in football in rugby who have put on weight quite young and dominate their peer groups, then fall back as the others catch up.

37 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Borukov is a more versatile version of Nuhiu, whom was our top scorer in 2017-18 I think it was, 11 goals.  Strikers?  Borukov likes the lone-frontman role, and he is a big bruiser, he'll knock you on your ass, legally, then score one.  He's good at headers, via crosses, and he's just not afraid of anybody.  

Perfect bodyguard material for Dotty Braille then ? lol

• Haha 1

It's amazing how many people do not want to give our younger players a chance. Look at Leicester City. Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans , Pereira, Barnes, Gray, Choudhary. The vast majority of them are 23 and under, with Pereira I think being 25. They are the future of Leicester City.

We have youngsters who Jos blooded so to speak, and there was a good deal to like about a couple, Thorniley, Penney, O'Grady. Our financial constraints mean we shoukd be looking at getting our youngsters more exposure and experience, either by being in and around the match day squad or going out on loan.

My point in respect of Borukov is that with Joao leaving, Rhodes possibly following, FF possibly getting his ban soon, we are thin on strikers, and with the transfer deadline looming, and no guarantee that we could get a decent player or two in, Borokov is someone who we could look to promote from within.

None of us can state with any certainty whether a young player is ready or not, some may take to it like a duck to water, others maybe not so, but we should at least explore the possibility of it happening surely.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

It's amazing how many people do not want to give our younger players a chance. Look at Leicester City. Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans , Pereira, Barnes, Gray, Choudhary. The vast majority of them are 23 and under, with Pereira I think being 25. They are the future of Leicester City.

We have youngsters who Jos blooded so to speak, and there was a good deal to like about a couple, Thorniley, Penney, O'Grady. Our financial constraints mean we shoukd be looking at getting our youngsters more exposure and experience, either by being in and around the match day squad or going out on loan.

My point in respect of Borukov is that with Joao leaving, Rhodes possibly following, FF possibly getting his ban soon, we are thin on strikers, and with the transfer deadline looming, and no guarantee that we could get a decent player or two in, Borokov is someone who we could look to promote from within.

None of us can state with any certainty whether a young player is ready or not, some may take to it like a duck to water, others maybe not so, but we should at least explore the possibility of it happening surely.

Those players from Leicester are really good, some of them they bought in because they knew they were good enough, if they were in our youth teams they would quickly be promoted to our first team. You can't just throw the kids in and expect they will suddenly be good enough for our level. Remember just because you haven't seen them play doesn't mean they're unknown quantities the club see then play everyday and know the level of them.

Sorry Ellis, but you can throw some of them in. Remember a couple of years ago against Ipswich, young Andre Dozzell came on aged 16 and scored against us. What about young Elliott at Fulham, who played in a cup game aged 15 and is now at Liverpool. Yes, you take a chance, but it does sometimes pay off.

To say that our youngsters are not good enough for this level is a pretty sweeping statement, which I personally disagree with, but I accept that the vast majority of people reading this thread, would have the same opinion as yourself.

That said, Borukov and in particular Rice and Grant are 3 from the u18/u23 squads I would like to get a chance to be in and around the match day squad.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

if Rhodes leaves 2 and no1 else comes in upfront we are in big trouble, usual injuries for fletcher  and fessi then what? 

So we have way to many strikers and we need to shift some ........but it will be a crisis if we do 

1 hour ago, Neon Nick said:

Borukov is a more versatile version of Nuhiu, whom was our top scorer in 2017-18 I think it was, 11 goals.  Strikers?  Borukov likes the lone-frontman role, and he is a big bruiser, he'll knock you on your ass, legally, then score one.  He's good at headers, via crosses, and he's just not afraid of anybody.  

Better than Nuhiu already then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neon Nick said:

All hail our new overlord, Supreme Leader Borukov

It may be harsh, but the way football is now, if players aren't challenging at 19/20 years old, particularly at championship level, the odds are they won't be good enough. 

I know our academy is evolving after decades of neglect, but not sure of the strategy...is it a pipeline for the first team or means to generate money from developing players, or both. 

In either scenario, we need to improve outgoing loans to lower leagues to develop experience and value. It's great having successful youth teams, but if then all we do is release them in their early 20's what's the point?

Borukov for example, not ready for the first team but youth football challenging  enough? surely for a big physical lad we should have been looking to get him out into L1 or 2.

Same for Preston, Hunt etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If we let Rhodes go, we will have Fletcher, Winnall, Nuhiu and Forestieri competing for one place.  I don’t see the issue.

Until one or more of them get injured. Remember it wasn't too long ago that we ONLY had Big Dave and Joao as recognised strikers. Fletch, workhorse that he is, puts himself about, and increases his risk of injury. FF, in my opinion doesn't like playing as part of a front 2. Dave, is well Dave and Winnall has not had much football for a number of months. 

If you are ok with those 4 being our regular attackers, then fair enough, but I would be very nervous if it were to be.

19 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If we let Rhodes go, we will have Fletcher, Winnall, Nuhiu and Forestieri competing for one place.  I don’t see the issue.

Nando for me cannot play as a 5ft target man /loan striker, he needs to realise that. Would be far more of an asset working in the space out wide left or right in rotation with Harris & reach. 

Still leaving us with fletcher, Nuhiu and Winnall as cf material, so not too short in competition for one place up top. 

8 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Better than Nuhiu already then.

Probably, just not given the chance to be. 

6 minutes ago, ``` said:

All hail our new overlord, Supreme Leader Borukov

As far as Supreme Leader goes, probably not, but we're looking for goals. I think Borukov can do that,