Goodbye João now go and get...

22 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Go and get £50 on him being Readings top scorer. Think we will regret getting rid of the likes of him and keeping Dave

Why do people keep coming out with this poo ?

Who is going to give us £1m for Dave, let alone £6m?????

The only time to judge this is when we know all the outgoing and incoming transfers - then assess whether we think we are better off or not.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Hector in

Eddie Nketiah onloan

Madison and Lowe in 

Would be a great bit of business

10 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Ooooh now Lowe and Harris playing as wingers running onto bazza's Hollywood balls and fletcher flick ons would be one superb idea bud. Get Dc on the phone 

Jamal Lowe joined Wigan on the 1st of August.

Michael Hector and Marcus Maddison would be great signings.

Could strengthen other areas with loan deals.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Hector in

Eddie Nketiah onloan

Madison and Lowe in 

Would be a great bit of business

Is that the same Portsmouth Lowe who signed for Wigan last week?

Nketiah will go abroad or to Leeds

Maddison has a high release clause which Peterborough’s chairman has said no one will pay

You may be right with Hector

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

Jamal Lowe joined Wigan on the 1st of August.

Michael Hector and Marcus Maddison would be great signings.

Could strengthen other areas with loan deals.

The only problem with signing Hector & Maddison is with the way Peterborough price players your gonna be looking at £10 million for the pair. 

I'm not sure what our current financial constraints are, so maybe a bit unrealistic unless we get a couple more off the wage bill and raise extra funds. 

Strange Marcus Maddison, felt for a while now he should have moved higher up by now? Peterborough a club always open to moving players on and he’s clearly too good for League 1? Surely something odd he never has moved on. 

18 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Dismal Dom Howson reckons the fee for Joao is £5 -7 million.

Let's hope that is at the upper end!

Still smashes our transfer record.

That's an indictment btw!

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The only problem with signing Hector & Maddison is with the way Peterborough price players your gonna be looking at £10 million for the pair. 

I'm not sure what our current financial constraints are, so maybe a bit unrealistic unless we get a couple more off the wage bill and raise extra funds. 

Not sure about the possible prices to be honest but they're the types of players we need and the level of quality we need to make top 6. I'd like a strong spine and more creativity in order to get promoted. The likes of Hector, Morsy and Maddison or similar would be ideal for a promotion challenge, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I would be happy with Tahith Chong from Man Utd has a lot of talent but not going to get much game time at Man Utd this season.

Hector for centre back

John Murphy from newcastle

And a decent left back

Knowing us we'll end up with Cheech and Chong.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Not sure about the possible prices to be honest but they're the types of players we need and the level of quality we need to make top 6. I'd like a strong spine and more creativity in order to get promoted. The likes of Hector, Morsy and Maddison or similar would be ideal for a promotion challenge, in my opinion. 

As I said bud would be very good business, but unless we can afford them. 

Our hands are tied. I'm sure a few clubs were sniffing around Maddison last season, but decided the fee Peterborough were asking was waaaay over inflated, so walked away. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

If other posts/rumours are to be believed, Hector coming in is part of the Joao deal. So when one is announced, expect the other at the same time.

Except that, it would be typical Wednesday to agree a reduced fee for Joao with a parallel agreement in place for Hector and to then sign the deal to sell Joao as Chelsea renage (sp?) on the Hector bit.

dwight gayle,a striker who knows where the net is !!!!!

1 hour ago, striker said:

Id like Hector back, but think we probably need a CM and wide player more urgently. 

We've got cover at CB, although not to the same quality, but midfield cover paper thin. 

I think all 3 are achievable if we use the loan market. If Rhodes goes as well, I also think we need another forward.

If joao and rhodes go we definately need a forward in. Forestieri and Fletcher spend half the season injured, Nuhiu us cr@p, and winnall must be worse than Nuhiu!