Bullen needs to be appointed

Get behind him. A siege mentality of us vs them got United up last year.

Why not give it a go? A poo pre season thanks to Bruce, Ashley, the EFL, the FA - it seems like the footballing gods are completely against us. In the face of adversity you need to rally together.

Bullen loves the club, knows what it has been through and knows the squad inside out. He is a far better candidate than the likes of Pulis and Rowett. If we all get behind him and have some belief, it can actually go a long way. 

The players love him. Harris and Hutch have both come out and said so. And it’s clear from the celebrations yesterday they are behind him. It might go wrong yes, and if it does it won’t be nice seeing Bullen get grief. But is he going to be a coach here for ever? He needs to make the step up one day and I truly believe the time is now. 

LEE LEE LEE BULLEN

• Like 2

We definitely need to keep him in till things go wrong. 

No harm in having him going game to game even for months in my opinion aslong as things are going ok.

But the last thing we want to do is appoint him now. Then Barnsley is a Burton game and we realise Bullen is way out of his depth.

Am I the only one who doesn't feel a siege mentality at all?

We barely register with a lot of clubs, and the Bruce affair will be forgotten, if not already, by most outside of Newcastle and Sheffield in a week or so now that the season is up and running.

Nando's ban will barely register with a lot of fans. No one at work has mentioned it, and that includes fans of teams such as Birmingham and WBA, so teams in our division.

I just dont get the feeling there is anything like a siege mentality at all.

As for Bullen, no thanks.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Rousing stuff, but the pigs got promoted because they’ve got a very good manager. We should get one of those.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Bullen has had three managers to learn from. He’s done his coaching badges (no Irvine pun intended) and he knows the club and players more than anyone.

Sometimes it’s right place at the right time. I back Bullen.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Everyone has to start somewhere. Bullen has had three managers to learn from. He’s done his coaching badges (no Irvine pun intended) and he knows the club and players more than anyone.

Sometimes it’s right place at the right time. I back Bullen.

It maybe the right time if he wins six from six. Until then let's just see how he gets on game by game. 

3-0 to Barnsley on Saturday and you won't want him anymore. No one will.

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A siege mentality of us vs them got United up last year.

Really? Nowt to do with Chris Wilder being arguably the best manager outside the premier League then?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Really? Nowt to do with Chris Wilder being arguably the best manager outside the premier League then?

Yep. A siege mentality is just one element of why they have been successful. It's painful to admit but Wilder has a lot of strings to his bow.

Edited by Morepork

5 minutes ago, poite said:

Key is to finding out how Wilder did it. The group he assembled were called journeymen, past it and not good enough. He played on that big time and got that group of players right up for it.

So far this season we’ve had predictions we will be relegated because we are without a manager and have financial problems. Players need to react to that, rally around and prove them wrong. Bullen is part of the furniture, he’s been on the same journey as this team. I really think he knows what is required and knows how to get the best out of us.

Three new additions and this squad will challenge. Regardless of who is in charge. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1