Bullen needs to be appointed

12 hours ago, axolotl said:

Am I the only one who doesn't feel a siege mentality at all?

We barely register with a lot of clubs, and the Bruce affair will be forgotten, if not already, by most outside of Newcastle and Sheffield in a week or so now that the season is up and running.

Nando's ban will barely register with a lot of fans. No one at work has mentioned it, and that includes fans of teams such as Birmingham and WBA, so teams in our division.

I just dont get the feeling there is anything like a siege mentality at all.

As for Bullen, no thanks.

Agreed .. i think a lot of fans over reacting to the Bruce departure and us having no manager ,.. 

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

You earn a chance and you earn that chance by learning your trade, there is a major difference between in a caretaker role with nothing to lose to what there is having the day to day pressures of being answerable for results. 

30 years he's been in and around football,though you can never stop learning, he's no novice.Just how long exactly do you want him to "LEARN" 

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

My 13 year old girl would have done the same and let's face it, it gave the rest of the team a Philip at the same time.

Bullen only had to face one challenge and that was when we lost to Burton 3-0 and he bottled it 

I'll never forget that hes got that in his locker !

Schofield?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Key is to finding out how Wilder did it. The group he assembled were called journeymen, past it and not good enough. He played on that big time and got that group of players right up for it.

So far this season we’ve had predictions we will be relegated because we are without a manager and have financial problems. Players need to react to that, rally around and prove them wrong. Bullen is part of the furniture, he’s been on the same journey as this team. I really think he knows what is required and knows how to get the best out of us.

Three new additions and this squad will challenge. Regardless of who is in charge. 

look at forest under clough and taylor.

'past it, journeymen, ne'er do well's, trouble causers' they nigh on all been labelled one thing or another, but they became the best side in the land. PROPER MANAGEMENT.

3 CORRECT new additions, and this side SHOULD challenge, nothing is a given. 

but (for me) we need a proper manager, and I imagine that dc pay rolling the issue will to, one with experience. he will no doubt be able to see the difference between jos and bruce in the same season.

foreigner who knew little of english football, against british who knew the ropes, only one way to go.

5 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Our biggest issue is time.

The transfer window closes on Thursday and there are no signs of an imminent appointment.

Its plain to see we are 3/4 players short of having a really go good this year.  Bullen will know exactly what the squad needs in terms of ins and outs and new manager walking in on Tuesday/Wednesday has no time to assess and understand the internal workings of the squad.  The argument that Bullen doesn't have any contacts in the game doesn't wash with me.  Jos brought Hector and Onomah in, it'll be all done behind the scenes via agents and club officials.  Highly unlikely Bullen picks up the phone to Guardiola asking him for a player.

We let this drift and don't address the squad needs and I fear we've wasted another season. 

Therefore, I would give it Bullen on a temporary basis and let him bring in the 3/4 players required.

Back up GK

CH - Would love this to be Hector

CM

Winger/attacking forward with pace

Wont bring in a back up keeper.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Wont bring in a back up keeper.

Agree, I remember us signing Jake Kean as additional cover, some people had to be sedated...... lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Our biggest issue is time.

The transfer window closes on Thursday and there are no signs of an imminent appointment.

Its plain to see we are 3/4 players short of having a really go good this year.  Bullen will know exactly what the squad needs in terms of ins and outs and new manager walking in on Tuesday/Wednesday has no time to assess and understand the internal workings of the squad.  The argument that Bullen doesn't have any contacts in the game doesn't wash with me.  Jos brought Hector and Onomah in, it'll be all done behind the scenes via agents and club officials.  Highly unlikely Bullen picks up the phone to Guardiola asking him for a player.

We let this drift and don't address the squad needs and I fear we've wasted another season. 

Therefore, I would give it Bullen on a temporary basis and let him bring in the 3/4 players required.

Back up GK

CH - Would love this to be Hector

CM

Winger/attacking forward with pace

I sit here and cannot believe for one moment that with the predicament of the club and it's finances we do appear to be letting the clock run down, and out.

as you point out, 'WE CANNOT AFFORD TO WASTE ANOTHER SEASON'.

is it possible that bruce told dc with 4/5 additions we'd be seriously pressing for the play offs, and he thinks we've done enough already and only has the manager to appoint?

or that with the present additions the new manager (when appointed) will strengthen his squad by using the loan market?

I Like Bullen and he may still be a very good manager. I would leave Bullen in charge for now to see a couple more games. I don't think Rowett and Pulis are going to be hired elsewhere and we only have 3 days of the window left, so realistically it will be 2-3 loan players. No coach or manager arriving could re-shape the squad in that time. So no need to rush and lets see if Bullen is actually any good, Barnsley a test tactically, if we prep for them properly we will win the game, but if we look shocked by Barnsley tactics then maybe Bullen can not cope at this level. I would give Bullen Barnsley and Millwall and then review. For now i would concentrate on getting Hector back if possible, another winger and centre mid player on loan if possible. If we get them then we would be appealing to any manager.

Guest Kameron
9 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

30 years he's been in and around football,though you can never stop learning, he's no novice.Just how long exactly do you want him to "LEARN" 

How many years of that has been spent in management?

5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I sit here and cannot believe for one moment that with the predicament of the club and it's finances we do appear to be letting the clock run down, and out.

as you point out, 'WE CANNOT AFFORD TO WASTE ANOTHER SEASON'.

is it possible that bruce told dc with 4/5 additions we'd be seriously pressing for the play offs, and he thinks we've done enough already and only has the manager to appoint?

or that with the present additions the new manager (when appointed) will strengthen his squad by using the loan market?

Loan window closes Thursday as well.

We did well Saturday, but not sure how he'll fair against better opposition with a better manager who's more tactically astute, I suppose time will tell. 

For me my stance hasn't changed, leave him in charge until a couple of weeks before the international break. 

Then depending on how he's/we are fairing make a decision then. 

With 30+ games left there would be plenty of time for a good manager to turn things around if needed. 

If we're up there maybe a point him in December ready for the January transfer window. 

Though I still think we could go back to D. Cs original model he wanted to implement and bring in a director of football and leave bully as head coach. 

6 minutes ago, Kameron said:

How many years of that has been spent in management?

What's that got to do with it, you said "you earn the chance, by learning your trade"now if he hasn't learnt anything after 30years he must be a bit dim, how many times has he stood in till the new guy was appointed and lost, now I get that Bullen is not for you, but ya can't just be that dismissive of him because of that. 

Edited by DELUDED OWL

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I Like Bullen and he may still be a very good manager. I would leave Bullen in charge for now to see a couple more games. I don't think Rowett and Pulis are going to be hired elsewhere and we only have 3 days of the window left, so realistically it will be 2-3 loan players. No coach or manager arriving could re-shape the squad in that time. So no need to rush and lets see if Bullen is actually any good, Barnsley a test tactically, if we prep for them properly we will win the game, but if we look shocked by Barnsley tactics then maybe Bullen can not cope at this level. I would give Bullen Barnsley and Millwall and then review. For now i would concentrate on getting Hector back if possible, another winger and centre mid player on loan if possible. If we get them then we would be appealing to any manager.

I do fear we may only need the 'dingle' game.

they are up for it, IT'S THEIR WORLD CUP FINAL.

hillsborough is for them like visiting the 'nou camp' or 'azteca'.

5 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Loan window closes Thursday as well.

really, I wasn't sure (and couldn't be bother to look it up) I figured someone itk would put me right, so ta!

so was there any mileage in the newcastle 'offer' of a number of loan players as part of the bruce settlement?

Edited by dorian gray

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

I do fear we may only need the 'dingle' game.

they are up for it, IT'S THEIR WORLD CUP FINAL.

hillsborough is for them like visiting the 'nou camp' or 'azteca'.

Well if the only people who are willing to take it are Rowett (will be unemployed for at least another 2 months) and Pulis (I like him, but 99.2% of wednesdayites don't). Then is it worth testing Bullen so we at least know for the future? If he has another Burton game then i think he will never get a shot here.

Bullen's record as a caretaker manager is not bad at all. That said the Burton game will always be a stick that some fans will beat him with and there's always a chance there's another one of those around the corner? We probably need to get promoted within the next two seasons because of P&S so we need someone in the mould of Bruce but attracting someone like this is unlikely? Personally I think the bookies have it right, it'll be either Bullen or Rowett but either appointment would be a gamble. I'm not Rowett's biggest fan but he seems to want the job and after Stoke he obviously has something to prove. He could be an inspired appointment TBH?

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Well if the only people who are willing to take it are Rowett (will be unemployed for at least another 2 months) and Pulis (I like him, but 99.2% of wednesdayites don't). Then is it worth testing Bullen so we at least know for the future? If he has another Burton game then i think he will never get a shot here.

i'm not sure we are in such a state that only bullen, pulis and rowett will be up for it.

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Bullen's record as a caretaker manager is not bad at all. That said the Burton game will always be a stick that some fans will beat him with and there's always a chance there's another one of those around the corner? We probably need to get promoted within the next two seasons because of P&S so we need someone in the mould of Bruce but attracting someone like this is unlikely? Personally I think the bookies have it right, it'll be either Bullen or Rowett but either appointment would be a gamble. I'm not Rowett's biggest fan but he seems to want the job and after Stoke he obviously has something to prove. He could be an inspired appointment TBH?

it IS getting to shitorbust for dc, I hope the delay in appointing a new manager, is because he's taking his time to secure this fantastic appointment, or he's waiting for bruce to get the sack.