Bullen needs to be appointed

13 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Get behind him. A siege mentality of us vs them got United up last year.

Why not give it a go? A poo pre season thanks to Bruce, Ashley, the EFL, the FA - it seems like the footballing gods are completely against us. In the face of adversity you need to rally together.

Bullen loves the club, knows what it has been through and knows the squad inside out. He is a far better candidate than the likes of Pulis and Rowett. If we all get behind him and have some belief, it can actually go a long way. 

The players love him. Harris and Hutch have both come out and said so. And it’s clear from the celebrations yesterday they are behind him. It might go wrong yes, and if it does it won’t be nice seeing Bullen get grief. But is he going to be a coach here for ever? He needs to make the step up one day and I truly believe the time is now. 

LEE LEE LEE BULLEN

Even after we did Forest 3-0 in his first game after Carlos I've been against it. One of the main reasons is that its good to have a figure like that who is a constant and that's been proven over these past few years.....there's also how awful we were after that Forest game until Jos came in, then the fact that after Blackburn before Bruce when we dominated but lost 4-2 he said its all about waiting for the new manager...what's changed in that short space of time? Another big reason is look what Bruce has just done in a short space of time..he identified what we needed and went and got it on a budget as well, even got us one of the best sport scientists in the industry!! Comparing Bullen to Wilder is more mental than the blades I've seen comparing Wilder to Pep!! Bullen as manager will just be another season wasted and a good man lost from the club.

I saw Nixon mention Danny Cowley yesterday....he's the man for me..

3 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I think we will only on a short term loan though. I'm sure bullen mentioned that when Wildsmith got injured in pre season. Definitely need back up now Westwood is suspended for 3 games.

Its 1 game. so we wont need one.

Guest Ferkorf
3 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Even after we did Forest 3-0 in his first game after Carlos I've been against it. One of the main reasons is that its good to have a figure like that who is a constant and that's been proven over these past few years.....there's also how awful we were after that Forest game until Jos came in, then the fact that after Blackburn before Bruce when we dominated but lost 4-2 he said its all about waiting for the new manager...what's changed in that short space of time? Another big reason is look what Bruce has just done in a short space of time..he identified what we needed and went and got it on a budget as well, even got us one of the best sport scientists in the industry!! Comparing Bullen to Wilder is more mental than the blades I've seen comparing Wilder to Pep!! Bullen as manager will just be another season wasted and a good man lost from the club.

I remember Bullen in an interview and he had mentally given up. Basically saying to chansiri hurry up and get someone in.

As for Danny Cowley I had a little read up about him yesterday and if I was going to throw the dice then I'd take him no doubt. Can't help but think Chansiris henchmen would smother him with the big club mentality and he wouldn't like it though.

Anybody but Bully for me. Love the guy but I see the scenario already,  he will win Barnsley in a scrappy 1-0 affair then beat Bury/Millwall...

Then wheels will come off at preston away and before xmas Bullys gone and we end up at this brick wall again

8 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I remember Bullen in an interview and he had mentally given up. Basically saying to chansiri hurry up and get someone in.

As for Danny Cowley I had a little read up about him yesterday and if I was going to throw the dice then I'd take him no doubt. Can't help but think Chansiris henchmen would smother him with the big club mentality and he wouldn't like it though.

Anybody but Bully for me. Love the guy but I see the scenario already,  he will win Barnsley in a scrappy 1-0 affair then beat Bury/Millwall...

Then wheels will come off at preston away and before xmas Bullys gone and we end up at this brick wall again

Players got a lot about them now. Dont think they would ever down tools for Bullen.  He ain't going to be dropping all the main players like Jos did is he.

He wins his first 4 he will continue to do ok for us.

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

I was under the assumption that, that was the managers job to manage on the day 

That's obviously where I've been going wrong 

So if that's the case we might as well give the job to the head groundsman 

It's the players job to get out there and play.

Are you saying every bad performance is down to the manager?

I am not against Lee Bullens appointment but given where we are right now I don’t see the rush.

if we appoint someone from outside with the transfer deadline on Thursday he is not going to have a chance to be effective. Bullen appears to know his targets which may well be SB targets so let them get on with it.

But I am also aware that if we lose on Saturday people will be shouting for his head.

Ghive him an indefinite period as manager and lets see what happens if it doesnt work out bring him back into the group. Lee is very honest and will give 100% so give him a chance but with more support!

13 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Just cant see it being bullens job now , why the silence from the club if he planned on giving it him they could have just announced him last week instead of bringing out news he was in charge for reading.

Because DC wants to look at every option before we make an appointment. If Chris Hughton had said yes he would be manager now!

45 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

I would  have preferred that win on sat with Bruce still here.difficult decision coming soon for chansiri.

23 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

It's the players job to get out there and play.

Are you saying every bad performance is down to the manager?

Forget which manager said it. Might have been Ron at Man Utd. 

"When they don't want you, that's that.   Win a game it's down the players, lose a game it's down to the manager"

• Like 1

I'm yet to be entirely convinced by Bullen's credentials to take us forward this season.

But that's alright - he's got the job right now, and whilstever he does he can keep taking a step forward towards convincing me (and no doubt thousands of others amongst our fanbase) that he can actually do this.

More importantly, of course, he needs to convince Chansiri too.

So he's still auditioning at the moment. And it's a harsh audition; he's a single Burton performance away from being gone (for a burton!), and yet a single good performance alone won't be enough; he'll have to get an unbroken chain of perhaps 5, 6, maybe 7 before I can see DC giving him the job.

It's up to Bullen's abilities then, and whether the players really do want him to be the permanent manager.

With the transfer window to close this week anyway, it's not like there's a huge gain between appointing someone else now, or leaving it for another month to see whether Bullen can put a convincing run together. We'd be talking about 5 or 6 more games at most for the outcome of this audition - it needn't define our season.

Edited by cowl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakes Grandad said:

I'm not really in favour of Bullen getting the job. If Chansiri decided to appoint him he might need a coach in the mould of Stuart Gray along side him.

Stuart gray would be a great signing and I'd rather have him managing than Bullen 

4 hours ago, dorian gray said:

I imagine they'll be more people in the running than bullen or pulis tbh.

My point is at least try something different Pulis, karanka, Holloway, monk  all tried a number of times at different clubs all failed a number of times. 

4 hours ago, Bluey9 said:

Stuart gray would be a great signing and I'd rather have him managing than Bullen 

So would I, not going to happen though is it? But someone like Gray, been about abit, connections in the game liked by the players. Not sure Bullen and what we have now is good enough