Bullen needs to be appointed

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

It'll end in tears if Bullen is appointed, he's too close to the players and it's all a bit too cosy.  We need an experienced manager, whether we get one is another matter. If we end up with another unknown or if he appoints Bullen the outcome will be the same, we'll be looking for another manager within 12 months.

Sometimes you can get more out of people who you genuinely like and get on with, modern football players don’t take to being screamed at like they did back in the day anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Be very foolish to appoint Bullen, and he'd be foolish to take the job.

Average coach, never been a Manager.

How do you know he's an average coach? 

Are you there at the training ground everyday, listening/watching his sessions? 

Or are you spouting sh*te as per usual? 

I'm guesssing the latter. 

*No, this isn't endorsing Bullen for the job before anyone starts. 

Edited by SiJ

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Be very foolish to appoint Bullen, and he'd be foolish to take the job.

Average coach, never been a Manager.

I agree with the first line, the second line I think we just don't know and that in itself is the problem.

Our season can't hinge on crossed fingers. I'd love Bullen to be the guy that delivered us the the Premier League but I need to see him do a good job somewhere else first. 

Edited by Morepork

This is how stupid the situation is, one win, give him the job...............if we lose Saturday he aint good enough.

As much as i sympathise with DC after Hodor dropped him in it, the fact is we have had 3 plus weeks to identify and pick a new manager and we are seemingly no nearer.

i still think IMHO that DC is hoping LB can save him a huge dollop of cash by making a fist of it.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

How do you know he's an average coach? 

Are you there at the training ground everyday, listening/watching his sessions? 

Or are you spouting sh*te as per usual? 

I'm guesssing the latter. 

*No, this isn't endorsing Bullen for the job before anyone starts. 

Bullen this Bullen that. It’s all we hear from you SiJ. Give it a rest hey :tongue:

• Haha 1

Love how everyone just assumes Bullen is too cosy with the players. How do they know that? How have they come to the assumption he is a soft touch?

People act like he’s some bloke we’ve picked from the stands who has fallen lucky. He has over 30 years experience in the professional game. Having been to dinners with the bloke where he’s spoke about football and the club you will realise he’s very knowledgable. 

Deserves a chance.

Bullen isn’t a manager, would be a poor decision. As someone else said look at his interview after the Burton game to see if he is cut out for it.

It is concerning how long it is taking though, we could really do with the new man in today to get transfers sorted, but I just see this drifting on for another couple of weeks. 

12 hours ago, Stainless said:

Agree with sentiments fully inwould rather take a gamble on bully then bring in Pulis. Who would be next when he fails the same rotating merry go round of managers that have been there and failed for the last 10 or 15 years 

I imagine they'll be more people in the running than bullen or pulis tbh.

Love Bullen and do think he deserves a chance. However, can we afford to give him a chance? We seem to be walking on thin ice with regards to P&S, the owner is running out of ways to pump money in to the club, and the need to get promoted seems to be greater every year. I think we need someone proven as Head Coach/Manager to give us the best chance of that, which means Bullen isn't the right choice for us right now.

5 years ago under Milan Mandaric, as we peddled mid-table with not really much to lose, sure I'd have been fine giving Bullen a shot. Don't think now is the time.

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Sometimes you can get more out of people who you genuinely like and get on with, modern football players don’t take to being screamed at like they did back in the day anyway. 

For a while I'd agree but i couldn't see Bullen fining players for coming back for pre season unfit or having giving out a round of fizzes in the dressing room when required. He has done nothing to warrant being given the job on a permanent basis. 

11 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

It maybe the right time if he wins six from six. Until then let's just see how he gets on game by game. 

3-0 to Barnsley on Saturday and you won't want him anymore. No one will.

it won't have to be 3-0, us losing and looking like we have no idea will be enough.

Guest Kameron
12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Love how everyone just assumes Bullen is too cosy with the players. How do they know that? How have they come to the assumption he is a soft touch?

People act like he’s some bloke we’ve picked from the stands who has fallen lucky. He has over 30 years experience in the professional game. Having been to dinners with the bloke where he’s spoke about football and the club you will realise he’s very knowledgable. 

Deserves a chance.

You earn a chance and you earn that chance by learning your trade, there is a major difference between in a caretaker role with nothing to lose to what there is having the day to day pressures of being answerable for results. 

4 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Love Bullen and do think he deserves a chance. However, can we afford to give him a chance? We seem to be walking on thin ice with regards to P&S, the owner is running out of ways to pump money in to the club, and the need to get promoted seems to be greater every year. I think we need someone proven as Head Coach/Manager to give us the best chance of that, which means Bullen isn't the right choice for us right now.

5 years ago under Milan Mandaric, as we peddled mid-table with not really much to lose, sure I'd have been fine giving Bullen a shot. Don't think now is the time.

Exactly. 

We need to get our next manager appointment spot on. We've left ourselves no room for error.

We got it right with Bruce, for all that he turned out to be a disloyal chump, and we need to get it right again.

Now is not the time to take a risk or get blinded by romantic ideals 

• Like 1

Our biggest issue is time.

The transfer window closes on Thursday and there are no signs of an imminent appointment.

Its plain to see we are 3/4 players short of having a really go good this year.  Bullen will know exactly what the squad needs in terms of ins and outs and new manager walking in on Tuesday/Wednesday has no time to assess and understand the internal workings of the squad.  The argument that Bullen doesn't have any contacts in the game doesn't wash with me.  Jos brought Hector and Onomah in, it'll be all done behind the scenes via agents and club officials.  Highly unlikely Bullen picks up the phone to Guardiola asking him for a player.

We let this drift and don't address the squad needs and I fear we've wasted another season. 

Therefore, I would give it Bullen on a temporary basis and let him bring in the 3/4 players required.

Back up GK

CH - Would love this to be Hector

CM

Winger/attacking forward with pace