Bullen needs to be appointed

Bad run of form and let's see if people have the same opinion of Lee

Begged DC to get a new man in and wasn't up to the job last time ,so why is everything so different now 

Difference between Lee bullen being manager and someone experienced will be top 10 and lower mid table 

7 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Bullen was yelling for him (Joao) to get it to the corner, and Joao knew it, but took the shot,

This is some of my worry. Both Joao and Hutch may have intentionally ignored Bullen’s instructions to get it in the corner. Do the players take him seriously? 

47 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We'll probably stick with Bully, things will go wrong, Chansiri will dig his heels in, and by the time he eventually dismisses him there'll be nobody available.

Sounds negative but it’s a possibility. 

42 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I wish Bullen well, but personally feel he’s best suited as a go-between person/coach. 

This. 

It would be quite a risk of an appointment - and different from all of Carlos, Jos and Bruce. So there’s no pattern there to see. 

The problem appointing bullen would be the fanbase, first set off bad results and the fans who did'nt want him as manager would say told you so and absolutely hammer him. Once that happens you split the fanbase and you know what will happen goodbye lee

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Get behind him. A siege mentality of us vs them got United up last year.

Why not give it a go? A poo pre season thanks to Bruce, Ashley, the EFL, the FA - it seems like the footballing gods are completely against us. In the face of adversity you need to rally together.

Bullen loves the club, knows what it has been through and knows the squad inside out. He is a far better candidate than the likes of Pulis and Rowett. If we all get behind him and have some belief, it can actually go a long way. 

The players love him. Harris and Hutch have both come out and said so. And it’s clear from the celebrations yesterday they are behind him. It might go wrong yes, and if it does it won’t be nice seeing Bullen get grief. But is he going to be a coach here for ever? He needs to make the step up one day and I truly believe the time is now. 

LEE LEE LEE 

Massive lack of ambition from the club if Bullen is appointed 

I think a lot of fans will show the same lack of loyalty back as the wheels fall off 

We've got an easy start to the campaign and a few people are getting carried away 

Bullen might be a great lad and good for  team bonding but that's where it stops

Look at what Bruce achieved in the 4 months he was manager 

It's like having 4 new signings with the addition of Lee

Plus when Bullen did well last year after Jo's, all he did was put our best players back in the team where they should have been all along

As all of us would have done the same 

Please Mr Chansiri dont waste another opportunity to get promotion get somebody decent in now 

Hughton

Rowett 

Holloway 

Pearson 

Cawley

I could handle any of the above 

Just my opinion ! 

Bullen caretaker record:

Played 9

Won 4

Drawn 3

Lost 2

Win Ratio: 44.4%

If that was kept up over a season

Won 20

Drawn 15

Lost 10

Points 75

extra game left so a win/lose/draw can be added.

Knows the players/club/fans/chairman. 

You don't always need a big name manager you need a togetherness, let’s be fair the only big name manager who has ever done anything here the last 30 years was big Ron.

A lot of fans wanted Stuart Gray, never achieved anything as a manager but stabilised the club in 13th and a great coach. No difference.

A club will take a gamble on Bullen we could potentially lose a good manager and coach to appoint a big name.

After the shafting by Bruce, he’s grabbed the club, stabilised it again and the players love playing for him as seen at the weekend with the passion, fight and never give up attitude - exactly what Bullen had as a player. 

Cheers

Bully

I'm not sold on the 'knows the club' and what we have been through argument either. How does that help when 0-2 down in a game?

Knowing the players, sure, but any half competent manager learns his players, their strengths and weakness pretty quickly anyway, and once they have that point in favour of Bully is moot.

If knowing the club and players was a holy grail in terms of job requirements, surely everyone would be hiring internally or bringing back former players?

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Bullen caretaker record:

Played 9

Won 4

Drawn 3

Lost 2

Win Ratio: 44.4%

If that was kept up over a season

Won 20

Drawn 15

Lost 10

Points 75

extra game left so a win/lose/draw can be added.

Knows the players/club/fans/chairman. 

You don't always need a big name manager you need a togetherness, let’s be fair the only big name manager who has ever done anything here the last 30 years was big Ron.

A lot of fans wanted Stuart Gray, never achieved anything as a manager but stabilised the club in 13th and a great coach. No difference.

A club will take a gamble on Bullen we could potentially lose a good manager and coach to appoint a big name.

After the shafting by Bruce, he’s grabbed the club, stabilised it again and the players love playing for him as seen at the weekend with the passion, fight and never give up attitude - exactly what Bullen had as a player. 

Cheers

Bully

He made the changes last year that the tea lady would have made which created the momentum without any wizardry management skills 

Players are always playing for their places when a manager leaves and I hope you're not counting friendlies in your stats 

15 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

He made the changes last year that the tea lady would have made which created the momentum without any wizardry management skills 

Players are always playing for their places when a manager leaves and I hope you're not counting friendlies in your stats 

No just his role as a caretaker in the league. 

So he changed the team and created momentum? I’d class that as good management skills. He had seen the problem and rectified it bringing the correct players back and an upturn in results. 

My 13 year old girl would have done the same and let's face it, it gave the rest of the team a Philip at the same time.

Bullen only had to face one challenge and that was when we lost to Burton 3-0 and he bottled it 

I'll never forget that hes got that in his locker !

10 hours ago, Sonny said:

Rousing stuff, but the pigs got promoted because they’ve got a very good manager. We should get one of those.

And a squad which amazingly enough picked up one single injury all season. Unlike ours with enough to field two sides.

10 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

My 13 year old girl would have done the same and let's face it, it gave the rest of the team a Philip at the same time.

Bullen only had to face one challenge and that was when we lost to Burton 3-0 and he bottled it 

I'll never forget that hes got that in his locker !

I think it was the players who bottled it. Not Bullen

• Like 1

There's no need to appoint Bullen. Just stick with him as caretaker while everything is going well until a decent manager pops up we can't refuse who actually wants the job.

If it starts going downhill, fine, get the the best that's available asap, ala Rowett.

If it doesn't go downhill and we go 10 unbeaten with Bullen, give him a proper go at it like we did with Stuart Gray. There's no rush.

7 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

That's right.

But I'd make these points.

Teams wouldn't let us play that way after the first season with Carlos.

Remember the game against Leeds, when Monk picked the biggest midfield in history and doubled up down the flanks?

Wilder has managed in the lower leagues for years, serving his apprenticeship.

Bullen hasn't.

Wilder joined the Blades in the Third, where it's less demanding.

Bullen would be coming in at a higher level.

I think the first season under CC is becoming the stuff of legend

Anyone would think we stormed the league !,we finished 6th and was garbage at Wembley 

And another thing that puzzles me is why it apparently took a season for other coaches to suss our play , did they all get their heads together close season and discuss ways to stop the win machine from working?

Guest Kameron

It'll end in tears if Bullen is appointed, he's too close to the players and it's all a bit too cosy.  We need an experienced manager, whether we get one is another matter. If we end up with another unknown or if he appoints Bullen the outcome will be the same, we'll be looking for another manager within 12 months.

50 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I think it was the players who bottled it. Not Bullen

I was under the assumption that, that was the managers job to manage on the day 

That's obviously where I've been going wrong 

So if that's the case we might as well give the job to the head groundsman 

Just now, Kameron said:

It'll end in tears if Bullen is appointed, he's too close to the players and it's all a bit too cosy.  We need an experienced manager, whether we get one is another matter. If we end up with another unknown or if he appoints Bullen the outcome will be the same, we'll be looking for another manager within 12 months.

Balls in Chansiri's court Kameron although I dont think it's fair on the fans giving us no information whatsoever 

2 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

Balls in Chansiri's court Kameron although I dont think it's fair on the fans giving us no information whatsoever 

When has any club, ever, in the entire history of the universe, given fans "information" on who they are considering for the managers job? 

Outside of leaks to the press, they don't.