Please, please, please not Pulis

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not keen on Hughton either personally, but I'd take him over Pulis.

I would have taken Hughton, but looks like he ain’t coming, so Pulis for me is next in line. Not popular on here but don’t just believe what boro fans tell ya. Every manager gets fired, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t hire them and they are poison. 

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

I would have taken Hughton, but looks like he ain’t coming, so Pulis for me is next in line. Not popular on here but don’t just believe what boro fans tell ya. Every manager gets fired, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t hire them and they are poison. 

I reckon most of his other clubs would say the same. 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Pulis was probably considered, but for him to come here he would want to rip the squad apart, he would want assurances that he could make some big changes and for me that’s the reason I’m fairly confident he won’t end up here..... not a chance in hell of Chansiri sanctioning that much upheaval and aside from that there’s no time !!

Probably also why Hughton doesn’t fancy it if there’s not much scope to move people out and in 

This might be why we end up with a transition manager. Also why we should be still annoyed at Bruce because he has dropped us in it to go work at sports direct the twit

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I reckon most of his other clubs would say the same. 

He joined stoke in the championship and left them in the PL and led them to Europe while there. Not sure stoke fans would agree. 

13 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

I live in North Yorkshire so we get Tyne Tees sports coverage. The Boro fans hated him, some saying he instigated the most boring football they had ever seen. If Wednesday go for Pulis, I'll just be thankful that I didn't purchase a season ticket.

Boro fans seem to whinge themselves silly about just about everyone who has ever managed them. They even whined about Jack Charlton. They're basically inbred flaps who should be disregarded. 

I think Pullis or Karanka would be far better options than Coleman, Bullen, Rowett or Zola. 

9 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

This might be why we end up with a transition manager. Also why we should be still annoyed at Bruce because he has dropped us in it to go work at sports direct the twit

I agree, for me the club is gonna be wary of anyone who wants to change it up massively , a big change of personnel/philosophy at this stage wouldn’t be a good idea for anyone 

Chansiri has a huge decision, from day 1 I’ve never thought he will give it Bullen on basis he’s not got enough experience and that’s still my thoughts , I think he’s definitely set out to get top end championship experience but there’s no outstanding candidate like there was last time with Bruce.  So he’s looking at having to compromise somewhere down the line and that’s not something he does easily, he needs someone who knows the division and has an idea how to play with the squad we have or he lets Amadeu Paxaio have another go with one of his wild choices 

I think that’s where we are at, your Rowetts ,Pulis and Coleman’s is just bookies toying with everyone to make a few quid 

I’d rather have Hughton, Rowett, Karanka and Monk than Pulis.

I’d rather have Pulis than Coleman, Zola or some random Portuguese manager who’d new to the English game.

As far as potential managers go he’s somewhere in the middle of the list for me.

45 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

God, I hated him. Not only was he utterly hapless for us, he had all the charisma of a six month old cadaver.

Pulis has 2 promotions to his name in 27 years of management, and one of those was from the fourth tier over two decades ago.

So in his contract year Nuhiu unleashes the usually dormant ability to work like Kante and score like Shearer, but the rest of the time can't be bothered? :dry:

Yep something like that

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I’ve no problem with Pulis in the Championship. 

Wont be full of goals but we weren’t under Carlos or Jos either. We will be competitive and hard to beat.

Think he will get us up or very close.

I really don't think we'll have a problem scoring goals under a Pullis / Megson dream ticket. 

garymegson

20190730_220207.jpg

53 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I like hughton, I agree he is not boring. But Brighton fired him in the PL for being boring and hired potter to change their style. 

Boro fans have churned through managers and everyone has apparently been ‘boring’. Not buying that pulis is terrible. I think him and Hughton are on a similar level. I would prefer hughton as has more recent success, but I think pulis at the right club would flourish. 

Where did you read the Brighton chairman sacked Hughton for being boring?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Where did you read the Brighton chairman sacked Hughton for being boring?

From reading match reports and watching motd that was the main opinion. Plus didnt he pick a reserve team in the cup which he got stick for

Guardiola is unlikely to apply for this job.

Nor are any others currently at the height of their managerial powers.

We're not exactly fighting 'em off with a brown stick.

At present are we a better bet than, say, Stoke, Durby and bonny 'Boro?

Because Pulis and Rowett have managed those clubs.

As long as it's not Bullen personally I'd accept 'Ollie, Pulis or Rowett.

17 minutes ago, JimmyMaC said:

Dont see any of the rest having top 6 premier league on their CVs

Doubt wed be able to attract Moyes,if we did Id be well impressed,hes a cut above the betting list,hed be the standout for me,forget Hughton,Moyes is lightyears ahead,cut his teeth at PNE,and took Everton on a restricted budget into the prem elite.

Think I could live with that........doubt hed take it on under the current owner alas