Please, please, please not Pulis

9 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Where did you read the Brighton chairman sacked Hughton for being boring?

Watched some of their do or die games in the premier league and they played 1 upfront and could barely get a shot on target and fans were going nuts. Had a poor run of form towards the end and they were totally dependent on defence keeping the score down.

As i say i like Hughton, but to believe there is a manager out there who has just been perfect in all previous roles and would be perfect forever for us is naive. Pulis has his faults, Like every single manager ever.

9 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

Im no fan of Pulis,personally Id go for Moyes,proper football manager,having man utd on your cv is all you need,the guy is a high level coach

I would have had Pulis 10 years ago for the simple fact he got results but He's past it now, Moyes has a good CV but when was his last great season ?

Neither has a personality and I think we operate better with someone who has one, that's why I would go for Ian Holloway, I think it would be a great fit, he is as mad as a box of ferrets and would lift the club.

I want someone here who has some ambition. 

Who wants to build something, try and take this club up. I don't want some has been chancer who is here for another payday. 

Oh, and I don't want to watch football which will make our eyes bleed. 

Pulis God no. Keep him away I've spent all my time watching Wednesday praying every time we look for a manager  not to get

Tony pulis

Steve McLaren

Or 

Roy Hodgeson 

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

HERE IS WHERE YOU COULD MAKE A GLARING MISTAKE AND ANNOY FANS

DONT DO IT PLEASE 

6 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I love how all the people who slate Nuhiu can't even spell his name right, says it all about them really. 

I'm not slating him. In previous posts i've said i think he is sometimes effective but shows it

very rarely.

His ability is extremely limited but he has shown his value occasionally.

Especially evident when he was playing for a new contract.

22 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Wilkinson’s football in the 80’s was hardly sparkling, but it was what we needed after  the best part of 2 decades of being a shambles

It was pragmatic i will grant you,  but he had the savvy to realise that you needed players like Bannister, Varadi and Cunningham to compliment the grafters , which meant it was high tempo and exciting at its best..................Pulis just sems to be dour and attritional and if the last few years are anything to go by he seems to be getting even MORE defensive.

Edited by sheriwozgod

35 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

I would have had Pulis 10 years ago for the simple fact he got results but He's past it now, Moyes has a good CV but when was his last great season ?

Neither has a personality and I think we operate better with someone who has one, that's why I would go for Ian Holloway, I think it would be a great fit, he is as mad as a box of ferrets and would lift the club.

Holloway's last great season was 6 years ago.  He's done nothing since to indicate he's the man for us.

Although Pulis wouldn’t have been my first choice, looking at his managerial career he’s always seems to achieve the target set to him. 

Look at Stoke. 

07/08 2nd Championship

08/09 12th Premier League

09/10 11th Premier League

10/11 13th Premier League 

11/12 14th Premier League

12/13 13th Premier League. 

Hardly looks like a survival expert. Took over Stoke and turned them into a mid table Premier League side. Took them to an FA Cup semi final and The Europa League. 

Took over at Palace when they looked down and ended up finishing 11th in 13/14.

Took over West Brom who again looked dead and buried yet finished 14th in 15/16 then 10th in 16/17. 

The mans record cant be argued with. He guarantees results, probably not in the most fashionable way but you can’t say he is a bad manager. 

20 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Although Pulis wouldn’t have been my first choice, looking at his managerial career he’s always seems to achieve the target set to him. 

Look at Stoke. 

07/08 2nd Championship

08/09 12th Premier League

09/10 11th Premier League

10/11 13th Premier League 

11/12 14th Premier League

12/13 13th Premier League. 

Hardly looks like a survival expert. Took over Stoke and turned them into a mid table Premier League side. Took them to an FA Cup semi final and The Europa League. 

Took over at Palace when they looked down and ended up finishing 11th in 13/14.

Took over West Brom who again looked dead and buried yet finished 14th in 15/16 then 10th in 16/17. 

The mans record cant be argued with. He guarantees results, probably not in the most fashionable way but you can’t say he is a bad manager. 

Totally agree pal.