Please, please, please not Pulis

I’ve no problem with Pulis in the Championship. 

Wont be full of goals but we weren’t under Carlos or Jos either. We will be competitive and hard to beat.

Think he will get us up or very close.

24 minutes ago, marble said:

To all of you who'll 'never go to another game blah blah'.....grow up & support your team. Your flouncing reactions to someone sticking 10 quid on Pills makes us a laughing stock

You will need a lot more than that if Pulis takes over. 

43 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He would fill our team with players like Nuhiu. 

Yep. That's another reason to go for him. He would fill the team with men like Nuhiu. Players who run there arse off. Players who never give up and never give in. Players who pound themselves nd everyone around them into the ground to get every last freaking inch out of their talent. 

Sent would flipping love that. 

23 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

it's not ideal but.....sales of caps and chewing gum will go through the roof with the dream team in the dug outgarymegson

I'd definitely buy a cap if Pulis & Megson were in charge so I could pull the peak down over my eyes & fall asleep watching the turgid, negative hoof ball tactics.

Just now, George said:

Yep. That's another reason to go for him. He would fill the team with men like Nuhiu. Players who run there arse off. Players who never give up and never give in. Players who pound themselves nd everyone around them into the ground to get every last freaking inch out of their talent. 

What, you think Nuhui does all that.

Only when his contracts up

14 minutes ago, George said:

Ha ha ha you have seen Nuhiu play haven’t you? 

We don't have the players to storm the league like Wolves or to attack with finesse like Fulham. Pulis gives you a well-drilled defence, a physically powerful team with a counter attack to hit teams when they least expect it. If we want promotion, then im all for these old school rigid tactics. You've got to applaud the way Pulis works. We can do far far worse. 

1 minute ago, Keekeedee said:

We don't have the players to storm the league like Wolves or to attack with finesse like Fulham. Pulis gives you a well-drilled defence, a physically powerful team with a counter attack to hit teams when they least expect it. If we want promotion, then im all for these old school rigid tactics. You've got to applaud the way Pulis works. We can do far far worse. 

That style of football is dead.

Pulis will never be successful again.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We'll be saying goodbye to Bannan

Pulis got shut of him when he was at Palace

Not when he's shown the vid of ball he put on Fletcher's bonce t'other day. 

Don’t get the issue. Hughton was sacked from Brighton for boring football, Norwich too. But he’s the answer while pulis is somehow regarded as some ancient mega bore. Don’t get it. From listening to podcasts I think it’s just an agenda from certain journos who are obsessed that everyone should play like Liverpool or city. I don’t agree and I think Pulis would do a good job. Might not be popular view with high press tika taka 2019 opinions. But our squad can not tika taka or high press and we can’t suddenly change them all. Pulis would work.

Just now, wilyfox said:

Not when he's shown the vid of ball he put on Fletcher's bonce t'other day. 

Bannan spends to long on the ball for Pulis

They'll be none of that silky passing that Bannan is capable of

It will be hoof hoof hoof

Pulis plays the percentage game

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Don’t get the issue. Hughton was sacked from Brighton for boring football, Norwich too. But he’s the answer while pulis is somehow regarded as some ancient mega bore. Don’t get it. From listening to podcasts I think it’s just an agenda from certain journos who are obsessed that everyone should play like Liverpool or city. I don’t agree and I think Pulis would do a good job. Might not be popular view with high press tika taka 2019 opinions. But our squad can not tika taka or high press and we can’t suddenly change them all. Pulis would work.

Brighton in the Championship weren't boring

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

We lived through the Irvine years.

That is all.

God, I hated him. Not only was he utterly hapless for us, he had all the charisma of a six month old cadaver.

48 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

A decent bet at getting us up ..

People quick to reject managers who have a proven track record of getting teams out of this league really should ask themselves what they want.

Not rejecting other names but Pulis has a decent record at this level and can actually get teams promoted.

Pulis has 2 promotions to his name in 27 years of management, and one of those was from the fourth tier over two decades ago.

35 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

What, you think Nuhui does all that.

Only when his contracts up

So in his contract year Nuhiu unleashes the usually dormant ability to work like Kante and score like Shearer, but the rest of the time can't be bothered? :dry:

4 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Not keen on Hughton either personally, but I'd take him over Pulis.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Brighton in the Championship weren't boring

I like hughton, I agree he is not boring. But Brighton fired him in the PL for being boring and hired potter to change their style. 

Boro fans have churned through managers and everyone has apparently been ‘boring’. Not buying that pulis is terrible. I think him and Hughton are on a similar level. I would prefer hughton as has more recent success, but I think pulis at the right club would flourish. 

Pulis was probably considered, but for him to come here he would want to rip the squad apart, he would want assurances that he could make some big changes and for me that’s the reason I’m fairly confident he won’t end up here..... not a chance in hell of Chansiri sanctioning that much upheaval and aside from that there’s no time !!

Probably also why Hughton doesn’t fancy it if there’s not much scope to move people out and in