Nestor Lorenzo

I actually think DC will make a good job of this appointment when it comes. Unfortunately, what we've seen are "chancer" applications and plenty of guesswork journalism bought about by the patj DC took with his first two appointments. 

Edited by Morepork

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'd hope it takes more than nepotism to get the Wednesday job. Lorenzo has not managed before. Huge gamble on a mate Poch wants to give a leg up. Like or loathe Paixao, he's advised Chansiri for years now, and has proved he has not got a clue in the process.

A more accurate version imo.  I just can't understand this apparent interest in foreign managers with no English experience.  Most of them promote boring slow football which might be ok in the heat of Portugal but it just doesn't work In the championship.  Besides it sends me to sleep.

33 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

A more accurate version imo.  I just can't understand this apparent interest in foreign managers with no English experience.  Most of them promote boring slow football which might be ok in the heat of Portugal but it just doesn't work In the championship.  Besides it sends me to sleep.

theres a shedload of foreign managers with no experience of English football who have been successful over here …...ive no idea if this Lorenzo bloke is any good but I wouldn't dismiss him just because he hasn't managed over here ….

Seems to me like Chansiri very much operates according to recommendations he gets from people all around the world of football - agents, other coaches, players etc. 

If Poch really has recommended Lorenzo then DC is almost certain to put him on the list of names under consideration, although I doubt it means he's a shoo-in for the job.

Personally I'd rather we aim for someone with experience of the league, given how little time there is for the new man to get his ideas across before the season starts, even if it means we have to go with a rather less glamorous name.

Very disturbing.

Because, if true, Chansiri is very likely to listen to this sort of advice.

Lorenzo was a very good player, but he's never managed any club before.

Not even abroad.

He could turn out to be a fantastic manager, but it would be an enormous gamble.

Surely Chansiri wouldn't pick him over, say, Rowett, would he?

For God's sake tell Rowett to stick an "o" on the end of his name before it's too late.

sven-goran-eriksson-a3-size.png.fc0cce31090f8ce1d60961ebd415a7aa.png

• Haha 1