Nestor Lorenzo

I really hope this recommendation doesn’t go far. Is Assistant Manager of Colombia the only thing he’s done? Never managed a team. Would be crazy to even consider if. Chansiri needs to sort the manager situation quickly now, it’s dragged on long enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ring ring ring

DC: Hello

MP: Hi is that Dejphon Chansiri chairman of SWFC?

DC: Err yes, who is this how did you get this number?

MP: Mr Chansiri it’s Mauricio Potchettino here, I’m manager of Spurs.

DC: I’m familiar with your work.

MP: I see you are looking for a new manager and well you see I’ve got this mate who...

DC: Dele Alli and Harry Kane.

MP: I’m sorry?

DC: Ok then Eriksen and Danny Rose.

MP: I don’t understand, you see my mate he’s looking for a managers job and...

DC: Your mate want managers job we want your players...simple.

MP: How bout Josh Onomah?

DC: Get fizzed.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Very odd article from Nixon. Strange phrasing. I’m inclined to think it’s a load of bolllocks, or at least hugely overstated, but not sure why he’s put his name to it. 

Its like he’s accidentally merged a load of SWFC articles together by mistake 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

theres a shedload of foreign managers with no experience of English football who have been successful over here …...ive no idea if this Lorenzo bloke is any good but I wouldn't dismiss him just because he hasn't managed over here ….

I think it's more rhe fact he hasn't managed anywhere,

Guest wilyfox
3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Howard Wilkinson didn't do to badly

Knew English football. Lorenzo doesn't. Experience in management or experience in English game, need at least one of those, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

I really hope this recommendation doesn’t go far. Is Assistant Manager of Colombia the only thing he’s done? Never managed a team. Would be crazy to even consider if. Chansiri needs to sort the manager situation quickly now, it’s dragged on long enough. 

Look I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me if this happens. First Nixon reporting this sort of like he did with Carlos. That makes me a bit nervous. Now the good and bad.

Yes, he's never managed before. Coaching/managing a club day to day is in a different realm. However, he has spent a considerable amount of time as assistant to Jose Pekerman. In fact he's about the only bloke he's ever worked for. For those who aren't football nerds, in Argentina there were two competing philosophies of coaching. One preached fluid, free flowing attacking football as practiced by Luis Menotti. The other, the win at all costs, gamesmanship, anti football as practiced by Carlos Bilardo. Born from Menotti was Bielsa, born from Bilardo was Diego Simeone. Well Jose Pekerman was borne from Menotti, in fact he recommended Bielsa for the Argentine national job. Bielsa has his disciples like Pochettino and Sampaoli, I suppose Nestor Lorenzo would be a disciple of Pekerman.

If you can follow that, well done. I suppose it's feasible that they looked at L**ds attacking style last year and wanted to see if there was something similar to Bielsa without breaking the bank. Maybe they asked one of Bielsas 'disciples' in Pochettino and that's the answer he got. Apparently Lorenzo speaks fluent English, knows a bit about the English game and was invited over by Benitez to sit in on the barcodes training, so he's not completely alien to the British game.

But my god, no thanks, I hope we have learned our lesson. After all, as good as dirty L##ds were to watch at times, they're in the same division as us this season.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

How do you he doesn't know the English game? 

I wouldn't call two seasons playing for Swindon nearly 30yrs ago current insight. 

This would be about as riskier appointment as you could get. Pochettino I suspect knows little about Wednesday and he is doing this as a favour for his mate who wants to work in England. International management is different to club management and an assistant at that level gives you no preparation for club management what so ever. In addition he is not young so why has he not had desire to mange previously? You have to suspect funds are running low and he is looking for some easy money and asked Poch to put him a word in. Just because Poch is a good manager it does not mean long lost pal is.

If its true Pochettino has gone down in my estimation.

• Thanks 1