Rhodes... what’s the plan ?

Personally think it’s a poor decision to let Rhodes go. The lad is scoring goals in pre season and looking pretty sharp. Imo I would keep him as I think he would be a valuable player for us this season. Would be doing everything possible to get rid of Winnall and Nuhiu ahead of Rhodes. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally think it’s a poor decision to let Rhodes go. The lad is scoring goals in pre season and looking pretty sharp. Imo I would keep him as I think he would be a valuable player for us this season. Would be doing everything possible to get rid of Winnall and Nuhiu ahead of Rhodes. 

On the face of it so do I but we don't know how the negotiations are progressing to get us out of the embargo. It could be that getting a loan fee for Rhodes and getting his wages off the books will break the deadlock, if there is one. It could also be a little reminder to Norwich that others might want him so the should get a move on if they want him.

I still think Winnall should be first out the door. None of our managers seem to want to use him which indicates he's not essential to our plans.

I'm not one to criticise the club but if (and it's a big if) we are looking to off-load Rhodes now we finally have the personnel to get the best out of him, it would be a crying shame.  I'd also be reluctant to offload joao for the reason that his pace might be equally as instrumental in making Rhodes effective as the likes of Harris.

43 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Have you forgiven FF for refusing to play against Norwich 

To be honest I’d forgotten, but FF has earned his love,  Rhodes hasn’t and he’s been given his chances, so it’s time him to go ASAP. 

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

He might want to go. He wasn’t happy here was he? 

14 hours ago, Itchy said:

To be honest I’d forgotten, but FF has earned his love,  Rhodes hasn’t and he’s been given his chances, so it’s time him to go ASAP

So the one who acts like a spoiled child and thinks only of himself is forgiven but the other who's afraid to miss a vital penalty because he's concerned about the impact on the club is treated like a villain.  Beggars belief